SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The kid is really good but let's not cannonize him into an immortal quite yet. It's his 1st final going against an experience team. I'm sure he'll play well but I'm sure he'll have his bumps too
Some say the Hyman vs Eckblad match up is very important.

Reactions: Mike C

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Some people are sleeping on the Oilers.

They're not what they used to be. They can defend, they're built for this type of game, and they had the best underlying numbers in the league.

Should be close and I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win.
Not sleeping on them.

Just think Florida will win. I think people will be surprised when it ends in 5. I'd say the same if Dallas were here instead.

Goaltending is a huge reason I can't pick them.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
You have been saying the same stuff about every team the Oilers have faced. And been completely wrong every time
There are lots of people on here that can be wrong a hundred times but think they are brilliant if they are right once. If the Oilers lose those people will come out of the woodworks fast. If the Oilers win, Florida is just not that good. People talk about the Stars and Canucks like they are in the draft lottery since the Oilers beat them, and the Panthers are being hyped like they are the 1985 Edmonton Oilers right now.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Some say the Hyman vs Eckblad match up is very important.
It's gonna be very intriguing. Fla has great balance and Bob. Edm has great top end talent and speed. Hyman has a knack for scoring the big goals. He needs to be watched for sure. Always in right position, rarely makes a mistake. Superior hockey sense.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Nobody they faced was as complete as Florida
Right, Dallas was touted as the deepest and most complete team in the NHL until Edmonton eliminated them.

I'd love for someone to make an argument when it comes to how exactly Florida is deeper than Dallas.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If the Oilers can overcome Perry, MacLeod, Foegle, Ryan, and Carrick then they can win. Overcoming this awful bottom 6 will be a tall order. But the McDavid factor is huge. How huge we'll find out.
There is nothing awful about it. Ask the Stars and Kings fans.
But that's fine, keep underestimating the Oilers bottom 6, goaltending and defense.. Oilers prefer it that way!

Reactions: SaltNPeca

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
There are lots of people on here that can be wrong a hundred times but think they are brilliant if they are right once. If the Oilers lose those people will come out of the woodworks fast. If the Oilers win, Florida is just not that good. People talk about the Stars and Canucks like they are in the draft lottery since the Oilers beat them, and the Panthers are being hyped like they are the 1985 Edmonton Oilers right now.
People will spin themselves up in knots in an attempt to avoid giving the Oilers credit. There was a lot of talk that the Oilers hadn’t faced a team as deep and good defensively as the Stars and hadn’t faced an elite goalie and they wouldn’t be able to overcome. When they did the refrain for many became well Dallas just isn’t that good. I guess if the Oilers beat the Panthers they’ll prove that there are no good teams in the NHL.

The reality is when you get to this time of the year all of the teams left standing are great teams and very little separates them.

Reactions: SaltNPeca and K1984

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How can Connor not be considered one of the greatest if he leads Nurse and Ceci to having their name on the cup?
Let's add Kulak, Broberg, Desharnais, Skinner and the bottom 6 forwards to the list.

• Love
Reactions: Coffey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There is alot of hyperbole here. I think you're being too sensitive, Florida is the favorite and should be. Other than L.A both teams faced tough matchups to get to where they are at and both are deserving.

Hopefullly the Oilers D core can handle Floridas heavy forcheck. If they can it will be a series if not it could be over quick. I am cheering for the Oilers, I want Mcdavid to win I want a rabid fanbase to enjoy a Stanley Cup.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
All their hits are dirty, lol lollol, according to some fans of Boston, and NY. Beware the refs let the Panthers do “whatever they want”. They are the Dirrrrrty Cats.
:laugh: “They even hit you when they don’t have to!!!” Hopefully you guys aren’t such whiners if your team is in a physical game. ;)
I trust Boston and NYR fans assessment of hockey. They are correct here. It's not even controversial to say, the dirtier team in the playoffs always gets the officiating advantage cause of Game Management. The refs can't and won't call EVERYTHING, so anything they let go, that's a playoff favor to the Cats.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
There is nothing awful about it. Ask the Stars and Kings fans.
But that's fine, keep underestimating the Oilers bottom 6, goaltending and defense.. Oilers prefer it that way!
Funny when people have an opinion when they clearly haven’t been paying attention. None of Perry, Foegele, Ryan and Carrick have been in the lineup full time theyve all been rotating in and out as Knoblauch has adjusted. No mention of Henrique, Brown and Janmark who are actually in our bottom 6 the latter key cogs in that beastly PK who’ve also combined for some pretty big goals last series and Henrique is a guy who could be in the top 6. Those 3 and McLeod have been regulars with the others rotating into the two last spots on the 4th line and occasionally Kane has been in the bottom 6 as well.

The Oilers bottom 6 doesn’t give up much and they’ve chipped in here and there with some key goals lately.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
There is alot of hyperbole here. I think you're being too sensitive, Florida is the favorite and should be. Other than L.A both teams faced tough matchups to get to where they are at and both are deserving.

Hopefullly the Oilers D core can handle Floridas heavy forcheck. If they can it will be a series if not it could be over quick. I am cheering for the Oilers, I want Mcdavid to win I want a rabid fanbase to enjoy a Stanley Cup.

Tampa had one foot out the door this post season. They have 4-5 players and that is about it.....I actually think the Kings beat Tampa in a series this year.

But the narrative is entrenched so it was only the Oilers who played duds in the Playoffs this year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd love that: for entertainment value AND basically turning the series into a special teams matchup (advantage Oilers)

Maybe Game 1, but I really wonder if Maurice will let the boys run around.
He will. That’s part of their game plan. They draw/even up calls with their dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad