SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Having Mcdavid in the Cup is going to be a draw for people on a national level who don’t watch hockey but are lured by superstar recognition. I struggle to get people in South Florida to get with hockey it’s their loss I am having a ball.
But even here you’d think by just having the Panthers in the Cup would draw interest but a superstar like Mcdavid gives it a storyline.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It’ll get greasy for sure. Tkachuk will try to hump someone in the scrum then try to get gloved in the face to draw a penalty. At completely random times too, he’ll just choose whenever. I expect some fireworks after dirty hits too from the Cats. I’m just glad my Oilers have seen this type of grease many times before in the form of the Flames. I expect a mature response from the Oilers though this time around.
All their hits are dirty, lol lollol, according to some fans of Boston, and NY. Beware the refs let the Panthers do “whatever they want”. They are the Dirrrrrty Cats.
:laugh: “They even hit you when they don’t have to!!!” Hopefully you guys aren’t such whiners if your team is in a physical game. ;)

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Florida is the heavy favourite here. Better goalie, better defence, better forward depth and 28 nhl seasons of head coaching with Paul Maurice to half a year knoblauch. Also Florida has been the best team in the playoffs. They are also very healthy as opposed to last year. I think Edmonton will win the cup, but it’ll be next year and follow Florida’s footsteps lose in a final and win the next year. I think skinner and some of the Edmonton defence will get exposed.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I'd love that: for entertainment value AND basically turning the series into a special teams matchup (advantage Oilers)

Maybe Game 1, but I really wonder if Maurice will let the boys run around.

it hasn’t been that way all playoffs, so why would it change now? The Panthers have been on a mission since last offseason. There is no benefit for the to “run around,” so they won’t.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Folks,

We are past the trash talk, it’s starting to cross the line, and becoming trolling and personal attacks. Please stop talking about the fans and fan bases. Talk about the series, players, and why the NHL waited a week to start up the SCF.

From here on out, if people are going to continue their antics, of trolling and trying to get a rise out of someone, or try to get in an attack, we will have to enforce thread bans and maybe even forum bans. Sorry.

So basically, behave.

Thanks!

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't care if you want Panthers or Oilers to win - I think everyone should hope for an absolute epic game 1, that goes into multiple OT's.

The long break is making me care less and less about this....they need a big banger of a game 1 to get fans invested again.

Reactions: viper0220

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Florida is the heavy favourite here. Better goalie, better defence, better forward depth and 28 nhl seasons of head coaching with Paul Maurice to half a year knoblauch. Also Florida has been the best team in the playoffs. They are also very healthy as opposed to last year. I think Edmonton will win the cup, but it’ll be next year and follow Florida’s footsteps lose in a final and win the next year. I think skinner and some of the Edmonton defence will get exposed.
source: trust me bro?

Season opening odds: EDM +1100, FLA +2000
Current odds: EDM +100, FLA -130
Money puck June 6th : EDM 52%, FLA 48%

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I pick the Oilers for a few reasons.
From my experience and observations.
While goaltending is supposed to favour Florida I am not so sure.
Most folks forget that Bobrovsky has had issues with flying in the past and the last couple of years he hasn't had to endure the type of travel he will now. He doesn't like flying. It was quite an issue a few years ago. And dehydration issues he was having.
I don't think games 3 and 4 on he will be the same goalie.

Edmonton can play fast or slow.

Edmonton has the upper hand on the PP.

Edmonton's defence will still be an issue though.
Kane will need to shed about 6 years, right now Bennett is Kane 6 years ago, IMO he might be the guy they need to watch the most.

The Oilers learned in the Vancouver series, while Vancouver wasn't as deep or skilled as Florida they had a better defence and it forced Edmonton to take a step up. They will be much better prepared for Florida.

Then there is McDavid, fast game or slow he has a game Florida hasn't seen more than 4 times the last 2 years. Dras can be a monster, those two even with the west knowing them and seeing them much more have a hard time covering them, Florida is in for some fun chasing their games.

Florida has a heavy game if they can get their timing down.

Defence leans a little towards Florida in skill but the Oilers should be able to be more physical. Nurse just has to wait for the hits to come to him and not chase after them.
To win the war the Oilers might have to establish their wills early. Maybe a tilt or two. Neither team really has those nuclear deterrents but there are warriors, Bennett for Florida especially.

Overall I think it will be goalie Bob that stumbles.

Reactions: MessierII

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006

No they're not. they may be to you, but not by the stats.

No they haven't been. The Oilers have the most 5v5 goals in the playoffs, best PP and PK, along with giving up one less goal 5v5 than Florida (albeit in one more game played)

Skinner is the wildcard, not Edmonton's very obviously incredibly effective defensive unit.

This series is about as evenly matched as they come. Like I said, the wildcard is Skinner. If the Oilers get the Skinner from the last 8 games he's played, they should be the favorite, if the Skinner from his first 8 games of the playoffs shows up, then Florida is the favorite.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
A focus for Edmonton is going to be staying disciplined. A big part of the Panthers game is getting under opponents skin and getting them off their game. For the Oilers, play hard and be physical between the whistles but don’t give them anything after. When guys are trying to use those tactics and you don’t give them a response it frustrates them and they tend to push harder and get themselves into penalty trouble, and the Oilers aren’t a team you want to put on the power play.

Important for the Oilers to stay composed and stick to their game plan.

IMG_5355.gif

Reactions: Czechboy

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I voted for Oilers in 7, but I think It will be more like Oilers in almost 8, because I expect a few OT periods.

I think the Panthers are the favourites (by a small margin), but I like the Oilers more. Basically the exact same situation as the previous 2 rounds for me. Both times I voted for the Oilers despite thinking the Canucks and Stars were slight favourites. And both times I got it right in the end (Oilers in 7 vs Vancouver and Oilers in 6 vs Dallas), so I am sticking with it. Let's see if I can get the hattrick.

Go Oilers.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022

No they haven't been. The Oilers have the most 5v5 goals in the playoffs, best PP and PK, along with giving up one less goal 5v5 than Florida (albeit in one more game played)

Skinner is the wildcard, not Edmonton's very obviously incredibly effective defensive unit.

This series is about as evenly matched as they come. Like I said, the wildcard is Skinner. If the Oilers get the Skinner from the last 8 games he's played, they should be the favorite, if the Skinner from his first 8 games of the playoffs shows up, then Florida is the favorite.
Florida is favored on the money line to take game one and to win the series.

Question for Edmonton fans will Kane be on Chucky ? I see they have had previous battles.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

They are the heavy favorite according to all the head coaches and owners too.

The Dirrrrrty Cats coming for you.

The donut maker from mile 40 in Saskatchewan, Dr Hook, and Screaming Buffalo
have no mercy
Bennett is gonna lay someone out Game 1 and set the tone.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
This series is a coin flip IMO. Florida gets the edge because of last years experience and Bob having the ability to go god mode. I think it will be closer than what a lot of analysts think. Edmonton can play a physical game if need be.

Everybody said Dallas was the least penalized team and that's why EDM got less PP's.

Florida is the most penalized. Lets see how the refs decide to manage this series. IN years prior, you would probably see Edmonton retaliate a ton and take stupid penalties. Now they let that stuff roll off of their back.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Florida is favored on the money line to take game one and to win the series.

Question for Edmonton fans will Kane be on Chucky ? I see they have had previous battles.
I think Kane & the Oilers know Tkachuk's antics and what he's going to try to do, they dealt with him for a long time.

Kane knows Tkachuk would never be willing to throw down with him, so anything after the whistles with him is a waste of time. I'm sure he will get sucked in at some point though in the series.

If things get frisky, I'm sure the likes of Kane, Nurse, Carrick, etc wouldn't mind putting him in his place

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I think Kane & the Oilers know Tkachuk's antics and what he's going to try to do, they dealt with him for a long time.

Kane knows Tkachuk would never be willing to throw down with him, so anything after the whistles with him is a waste of time. I'm sure he will get sucked in at some point though in the series.

If things get frisky, I'm sure the likes of Kane, Nurse, Carrick, etc wouldn't mind putting him in his place
Thanks for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad