SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
doubt they will tbh, Oilers are the first team they're playing who are actually more physically dominant than they are + have a powerplay to punish

weak. make a claim and stick to it
Have not made a prediction yet still doing homework……the storylines are endless.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
So was Dallas.

Owners? like the billionaires that know nothing about hockey? Ok...… And show me evidence of ALL the head coaches across the league stating that the Panthers are the heavy favorites, I'll be expecting 32 individual links. I find it odd that Knoblauch would be calling the Panthers favorites as well, but you said all head coaches so.....lets see dem links

you realize Bennett played against the Oilers more than any other team for the vast majority of his career right? If you think he's some kind of secret weapon the Florida is going to "unleash" on the Oilers, you will be very disappointed.
Lmao yeah those guys who don’t know anything about hockey.

And the coaches? Do they too know nothing about hockey?

You’ll see. Bennett is gonna light someone up.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What I thought I saw last game was just the edmonton crowd singing in unison now that was impressive. By far the Canadian National Anthem is hands apart better than our in my opinion.
That is really cool, most Canadian crowds sing loudly, and the singer will let them take over. I like how Edmonton puts him somewhere up in the crowd. And maybe it comes from being a hockey nut from earliest days living in the Buffalo area, but, I agree that the Canadian anthem is great.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
What comments specifically?

Most of what I'm seeing is acknowledgement that it'll be a tough series but hoping we'll win. I assume Panthers fans are the same.
Early in the thread some were saying that Dallas has heavier forecheck, that the Panthers take a lot of penalties after the whistle, Vancouver hits more,... There was an other comical one, but I can't remember it.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
There is alot of hyperbole here. I think you're being too sensitive, Florida is the favorite and should be. Other than L.A both teams faced tough matchups to get to where they are at and both are deserving.

Hopefullly the Oilers D core can handle Floridas heavy forcheck. If they can it will be a series if not it could be over quick. I am cheering for the Oilers, I want Mcdavid to win I want a rabid fanbase to enjoy a Stanley Cup.
I am not sensitive at all. Just being sarcastic and making fun of some of the trolls on this site.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Right, Dallas was touted as the deepest and most complete team in the NHL until Edmonton eliminated them.

I'd love for someone to make an argument when it comes to how exactly Florida is deeper than Dallas.
Florida's goaltending is better than Dallas'.
Barkov's line is stronger than Dallas' top line, and Barkov has limited opponent offenses at a crazy rate.
Coaching is a bit of a wash, but Maurice gets an edge.
Overall though the Panthers are just so mean, like the cats they rep they will just rip you to shreds on every shift. Does that mean Edmonton should just pack it up? Of course not. But it does mean Edmonton media should probably slow down on the 3,000 word articles about their coach, because he hasn't won anything. If and when he does, that praise will be given.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What comments specifically?

Most of what I'm seeing is acknowledgement that it'll be a tough series but hoping we'll win. I assume Panthers fans are the same.
they are there. Dismissive replies such as “that’s what we heard about Dallas!”.
Laughing at the idea that Forsling is actually very good. Dismissing the idea that Barkov might be able to slow down McDavid. “They’re gonna cheap shot their way to the Cup”....
There’s also a lot of what you describe, as well. Not trying to say that there aren’t some here being dismissive of the Oilers, too. This series is going to be great and highly contested. At least the Oilers are on their way to FL today. We’re getting closer to game 1!

Reactions: Laus723

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
So was Dallas.

Owners? like the billionaires that know nothing about hockey? Ok...… And show me evidence of ALL the head coaches across the league stating that the Panthers are the heavy favorites, I'll be expecting 32 individual links. I find it odd that Knoblauch would be calling the Panthers favorites as well, but you said all head coaches so.....lets see dem links

you realize Bennett played against the Oilers more than any other team for the vast majority of his career right? If you think he's some kind of secret weapon the Florida is going to "unleash" on the Oilers, you will be very disappointed.
It was GMs, not owners, fwiw. There was an article about it posted in here yesterday, I believe.
Everybody has their own opinion :dunno:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
It’s not a matter of intimidation it’s a mater of grit that wears you down over time. Its very calculated to frustrate you and at the same time the Cats can pepper you with a deceptive offensive game that sneaks up on you. Good luck Edmonton your going to need it.
Lol oh brother. Some of these posts are going to be even more funny to read in a couple of weeks.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
You sure?
Well you got me on that but I was speaking in retaliation. Thought 6 but looks now to possibly go 7.
Still going with the Panthers but with even more respect to the Oilers.

Cats in 7 it’s official.

Jan 13, 2023
they are there. Dismissive replies such as “that’s what we heard about Dallas!”.
Laughing at the idea that Forsling is actually very good. Dismissing the idea that Barkov might be able to slow down McDavid. “They’re gonna cheap shot their way to the Cup”....
There’s also a lot of what you describe, as well. Not trying to say that there aren’t some here being dismissive of the Oilers, too. This series is going to be great and highly contested. At least the Oilers are on their way to FL today. We’re getting closer to game 1!
well Dallas was considered the better team, and it is indeed true that we've heard almost the exact same things about Florida. not sure where the "Florida is deep" thing is coming from though given that their third line has scored seven goals through three rounds

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Lol oh brother. Some of these posts are going to be even more funny to read in a couple of weeks.
Possibly even this one. ;)

well Dallas was considered the better team, and it is indeed true that we've heard almost the exact same things about Florida. not sure where the "Florida is deep" thing is coming from though given that their third line has scored seven goals through three rounds
You don’t have to believe it.

Reactions: sanscosm

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Florida's goaltending is better than Dallas'.
Barkov's line is stronger than Dallas' top line, and Barkov has limited opponent offenses at a crazy rate.
Coaching is a bit of a wash, but Maurice gets an edge.
Overall though the Panthers are just so mean, like the cats they rep they will just rip you to shreds on every shift. Does that mean Edmonton should just pack it up? Of course not. But it does mean Edmonton media should probably slow down on the 3,000 word articles about their coach, because he hasn't won anything. If and when he does, that praise will be given.
well the oilers coach has never lost an nhl playoff series......maurice on the other hand has.... A LOT

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
But that's fine, keep underestimating the Oilers bottom 6, goaltending and defense.. Oilers prefer it that way!
You know fans don't really have an outcome on the game, right? So if a fan "underestimates" the other team, it doesn't really impact the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad