SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
What I love about these pre-series threads is everyone is talking with authority on who is better and which teams had a tougher path to the finals etc.

Both teams have won 12 games.
Both teams have enough depth to win three playoff series.
Both teams have what it takes to win the cup.

This series is going to be defined by things none of us know yet. A key player may get hurt for one of the teams early in the series. A bad penalty might get called late in a game gifting a team a win. The "incredible forecheck" of the Panthers may not look so incredible against the Oilers. The "incredible penalty kill" of the Oilers might not look so incredible against the Panthers.

What I am pumped about is we have two teams with INCREDIBLE high end talent that are going to go out and try to win a Stanley Cup.

The bounces are going to bounce. The ice is going to tilt back and forth. At the end of the series only one team is going to be holding the cup. Hopefully it is my team - but I am not going to be talking smack about the Panthers before or after the series. They are a great team that deserves to be here - and so are the Oilers.
One of the better 'more accurate' posts I've read.

Both teams have beat whoever stood in their way. Both teams deserve to be in the finals.

You can only beat what is in front of you. I think it will be a lot closer than a lot think it will be. I don't see a clear favorite. Its 4 wins out of 7, anything can happen.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It will also be a short series if Florida tries to dominate physically and get penalties. Oilers special teams will chew them up. Dallas could play clean that way because that was their identity. The Panthers play on the edge. The Oilers can absorb the punishment and dish it out, and will happily let this turn into a special teams battle. If the refs put the whistles away the Oilers can sink this series into the sewer quickly too
No, that’s fair. Fla was the second most penalized team in the regular season and it’s because of their style of play. Im not sure where they are in the playoffs so far but they’ve also not had to deal with slowing down the human missile in Mcdavid either. Lol. Lots of things have to go right for edm to win and if penalties aren’t called, edm will have a steady dose of that heavy forecheck and skinner having to deal with them crashing the crease every 2 seconds. Fla is the best at scoring up close. They don’t let up. That’s what scares me the most. If edm can get a split to start that would be huge. But if edm plays like garbage and is outmatched, just end it in 4, man. Put us fans out of this misery fast.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Florida forecheck has been oppressive in these playoffs. Made three consecutive bluelines look bad and I think they were all stronger than what Edmonton has back there. Knob is going to have to scheme up something special to avoid it.

Barkov worries me, Bob worries me, but Bennet just doesn’t worry me at all. Last time he faced the Oilers both him and Chucky were completely neutralized after game 1. There are things to be worried about on the Panthers but personally I don’t include Sam Bennet in that category.

Bennett was traded to the Panthers in 2021.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Actually Fla only had 4. Bennett had 41. Dallas scored 30 more goals than Fla and Fla had 5 guys between 32-39 so I think that is relatively on par--pretending Fla would have scored the same amount of goals

I just think 1-20, Florida as a group has a bit better overall ability to roll 4 lines and 6 D and be more effective than Dallas over the course of a 7 game series

I'm not saying Fla is the '81 Islanders nor am I being disparaging towards Dallas. Maybe it comes down to coaching and the Panthers all being single minded to finishing the job from last year

I'm an Isles fan and don't have a dog in the fight. I actually picked Dallas over Edm.
Did you just give Florida credit for goals that they didn't score in an effort to talk up their depth? I know you're not a Panthers fan, but that's some home team reasoning.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
McDavid is better than anyone on Florida's roster AINEC.

The dude will make Forsling look like he belongs in the AHL. Oilers in 6.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You laugh but the Oilers go as far as those two take them. Just ask the Kings the last 3 years how hard it is to stop them when they decide to go 110%
for ask the Aves and Knights

But yes , the two leafing scores in the plsy offs will dictate winning or losing.
They are the engine thst make the Oilers go. But if Skinner sucks, and the D plays poorly the Oil can lose even when ryhe two are hot. Happened against Aves and Knights last two years. Where Oil were 2-8

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Did you just give Florida credit for goals that they didn't score in an effort to talk up their depth? I know you're not a Panthers fan, but that's some home team reasoning.
No just pointing out the Dallas having 10 guys with 40 plus points is a skewed comparison because they scored more goals. It's a residual effect of each team's style of play and the Conference they play in

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I can't believe I predicted the cup final that's never happened. Still, because I'm a f***ing idiot, I filled my hockey pool with jets players.

Reactions: authentic

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
140 year old hack Larry Brooks takes pot shot whiffs at both clubs:

He’s not wrong about the Florida forecheck. Often they get their hands up and pick the head as they are coming in. Same thing Kane got called for roughing early in the Dallas series when he went to check Heiskanen and got the hands up too high.

Watching both Stars and Rags series the standard of officiating was completely different, I wonder what we’ll see as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad