SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The value of experiencing the Cup last year is gigantic in that Vegas was perhaps the best team I’ve seen in years. It taught us a lot……

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
He might know something about the Dolphins....but probably just writes click-bait bullshit there, as well.
Does he know about the 1990s criminal case of the transgender ex-Dolphin kicker Ray FINKLE getting revenge on the team?

The value of experiencing the Cup last year is gigantic in that Vegas was perhaps the best team I’ve seen in years. It taught us a lot……
That team made both of us pay. Thank god they aren’t here again.

Reactions: CanePanther

nerblet

Aug 9, 2015
I don't think their forecheck is that heavy, it's just their intent on it. Unlike every other team in the playoffs I've watched, Florida is willing to chase down and finish checks on the other teams best players. They'll definitely be gameplanning for when Ceci or Bouchard are on the ice.
Lol I read that like you are saying ceci is one of our best players. He's actually been pretty good the last handful of games and I'm usually pretty hard on the guy

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If EDM continues to play the way they are playing defensively (can get past the heavy forecheck), special teams (both) continue to ride hot and Skinner can hold the fort? This will be a long series. But if any of those fall off the map especially Skinner, this will be a very short series. Unless Pikard comes in and stands tall I suppose. He was good in his only few times these playoffs so who knows.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Based on what exactly?

The Stars had 10 players with 47+ points this season.

The Panthers had 5 players with 47+ points this season.

Based on what exactly?

The Stars had 10 players with 47+ points this season.

The Panthers had 5 players with 47+ points this season.
Actually Fla only had 4. Bennett had 41. Dallas scored 30 more goals than Fla and Fla had 5 guys between 32-39 so I think that is relatively on par--pretending Fla would have scored the same amount of goals

I just think 1-20, Florida as a group has a bit better overall ability to roll 4 lines and 6 D and be more effective than Dallas over the course of a 7 game series

I'm not saying Fla is the '81 Islanders nor am I being disparaging towards Dallas. Maybe it comes down to coaching and the Panthers all being single minded to finishing the job from last year

I'm an Isles fan and don't have a dog in the fight. I actually picked Dallas over Edm.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For the record, I dont expect the Oilers PK to make that much of a difference here.

Because us fans want Kompon fired for our putrid PP and none of us expect any production from it.

What is it? 30 kills in a row? Chalk it up to 44 in a row lmao

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Just FYI, Greg Cote is a braindead moron writing for a dead newspaper and his hockey knowledge basically amounts to "you call the black thingy a puck."

I wouldn't read anything into it.

Does Greg Cote post on these boards?

Kinda feels like an HFBoards poster.

The average HFBoards poster watches a lot of hockey. Cote probably thinks Radko Gudas is still on the team. Please don't insult your fellow posters that way.

Reactions: Gentle Man

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
You laugh but the Oilers go as far as those two take them. Just ask the Kings the last 3 years how hard it is to stop them when they decide to go 110%
I really hope you are right and wish Edmonton wins the SC. But Florida top 6 is fast, tough and good both side of the rink. And more, guys like Bennett will do whatever it takes to win

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Implied odds from the analytics guys models - nearly all of them actually - have the oilers with like 55% chance to win.

That being said the oilers are xGF% darlings for sure this year even when they were 2-9-1, so take that how you will.
Well excuse me. I will confess I haven't watched the oilers much this season but (even tho I'm rooting for Florida , I'm a Canes fan at the end of the day) that was my objective from watching cats/oilers in playoffs, my bet was based off of their respective playoff performances..

No disrespect to EDM. Intended.

Also the Panthers are -130v+116 currently . So I was off by a little so far, they are the current slight fav. To win series

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Dallas in 5 though, right?

Keep doubting
Like I said my guesstimate was only half off , and I wasn't trying to diss oilers, my bet is based on Panthers scheme/puck control dominance in every zone. FLA looks unstoppable rn to me, they cleaned the Presidents trophy team clock. They're style is suffocating every team in these playoffs..

I confess I've watched more Florida this season but I have watched most of oilers playoff games, and I could be completelyboff and it goes the other way.

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just FYI, Greg Cote is a braindead moron writing for a dead newspaper and his hockey knowledge basically amounts to "you call the black thingy a puck."

I wouldn't read anything into it.

The average HFBoards poster watches a lot of hockey. Cote probably thinks Radko Gudas is still on the team. Please don't insult your fellow posters that way.
Yeah, no one is. They are definitely laughing at him. lol. He wants his 15 minutes of fame by trying to get clicks. But hey, not that McDavid needs any motivation but maybe this motivates him even more in some way. lol

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If EDM continues to play the way they are playing defensively (can get past the heavy forecheck), special teams (both) continue to ride hot and Skinner can hold the fort? This will be a long series. But if any of those fall off the map especially Skinner, this will be a very short series. Unless Pikard comes in and stands tall I suppose. He was good in his only few times these playoffs so who knows.
It will also be a short series if Florida tries to dominate physically and get penalties. Oilers special teams will chew them up. Dallas could play clean that way because that was their identity. The Panthers play on the edge. The Oilers can absorb the punishment and dish it out, and will happily let this turn into a special teams battle. If the refs put the whistles away the Oilers can sink this series into the sewer quickly too

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, no one is. They are definitely laughing at him. lol. He wants his 15 minutes of fame by trying to get clicks. But hey, not that McDavid needs any motivation but maybe this motivates him even more in some way. lol

It's a bizarre situation where I don't think anyone on the team has basically ever interacted with Cote ever, since the Herald is a dead newspaper that doesn't cover hockey, but now all the players are gonna be stuck dealing with fallout from this.

I hope one of the guys goes off on this putz.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I really hope you are right and wish Edmonton wins the SC. But Florida top 6 is fast, tough and good both side of the rink. And more, guys like Bennett will do whatever it takes to win
Barkov worries me, Bob worries me, but Bennet just doesn’t worry me at all. Last time he faced the Oilers both him and Chucky were completely neutralized after game 1. There are things to be worried about on the Panthers but personally I don’t include Sam Bennet in that category.

Reactions: Bradely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad