SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Stars played 4 defenseman the last game after Suter got benched essentially and 5 most of the series. They dressed a rookie making his NHL debut in game 6. I think Fla is deeper but that's just me
What's your point?

I mean, Bourque was the AHL MVP this season, so he's no slouch. I'm sure the Panthers would rather have him on the ice than Okposo.

Also, the Panthers don't exactly have 6 studs on their backend. Dallas had 3-4 d-men back there who were all very good.

Obviously the play of Forsling speaks for itself, but the Panthers don't have a Heiskanen.

Reactions: SavoieSeason

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
A lot of talk about Florida facing tougher comp than oilers, but I disagree, Florida has played against really good goalies but poor puck possession teams. Rankings of xgf% at 5on5

Oilers (1st)
stars (3rd)
Kings (4th)
Panthers (5th)
Canucks (8th)
Boston (18th)
Lightning (21st)
Rangers (22nd)

Reactions: Kerberos

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Forsling-Barkov outscored 5gf-7ga at 5v5 in the playoffs so far.

For comparison, Mcdavid and Bouchard are 20gf-8ga in the playoffs at 5v5.

Or individually:
Bouchard: 25-11, 69.4%
Mcdavid 21-12, 63.6%

Forsling: 15-10, 60%
Barkov: 9-8, 52.9%.
No one contends that they haven't feasted. Will they continue to is the question. FLA won't stop them from scoring points.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
No way in hell Florida contains McDrai at FULL TILT with the f***ing cup on the line even with how deeper they are IMO. This is McDavid's cup to lose and he's not letting this very rare slim chance get away from him. I swear on my soul, he'll finish with 15-20 pts in this series at the bare minimum

I also feel like we might see a new level of dominance from McDavid and Drai in this series.

Some "I didn't hear NO BELL" type shit, Edmonton in 6 or 7.
I am very disappointed of you, after that beautiful essay you just wrote, I expected you, since you are soooo confident, to say Edmonton in 2.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The only thing I know is that the Panthers haven't faced anything like McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard, for me everything comes down to Skinner. Skinner will decide the outcome if he's solid and plays well then Edmonton wins the cup. Forget all the stats goaltending always decides, and right now yeah the edge goes to Bobrovsky

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Why on earth would that reporter call McDavid overrated lol not like he needs it but it's bulletin board material right there
Love it keep giving the Oilers fuel for the fire. They don’t need anymore motivation but remarks like this just serve to push them even harder to prove the doubters wrong again this playoffs.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Greg Cote of the Miami Herald apparently
lol holy f***, one of the worst arguments ever

1. Connor McDavid is overrated. Boom. He puts up big, impressive stats, yes. Fine. But should he really be called “generational,” called the best player in the sport, when in nine seasons he has yet to lead his team to a Stanley Cup? Edmonton truly had one of those players, once. His name was Wayne Gretzky. He’s why the Oilers bunched five Stanley Cup wins in 1984-90. McDavid? No Gretzky.

He has the requisite nicknames -- McJesus, The Chosen One -- but he has not proved beyond-stats transcendant, able to lift a franchise to ultimate heights. McOverrated.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article288962840.html#storylink=cpy

HE THINKS GRETZKY WAS PART OF THE 1990 TEAM

THIS DUDE IS A f***ING IDIOT AND FRAUD

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This will certainly be a huge challenge for the Oilers.. it's not just physicality.. it's the tenacious forecheck forcing turn overs and them crashing the net..

I don't see Oilers winning game 1 at all..
Test for them would be to bounce back and counter attack after getting destroyed in game 1.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
lol holy f***, one of the worst arguments ever

1. Connor McDavid is overrated. Boom. He puts up big, impressive stats, yes. Fine. But should he really be called “generational,” called the best player in the sport, when in nine seasons he has yet to lead his team to a Stanley Cup? Edmonton truly had one of those players, once. His name was Wayne Gretzky. He’s why the Oilers bunched five Stanley Cup wins in 1984-90. McDavid? No Gretzky.

He has the requisite nicknames -- McJesus, The Chosen One -- but he has not proved beyond-stats transcendant, able to lift a franchise to ultimate heights. McOverrated.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article288962840.html#storylink=cpy

HE THINKS GRETZKY WAS PART OF THE 1990 TEAM

THIS DUDE IS A f***ING IDIOT AND FRAUD

Must not be a hockey analyst. This isn’t Basketball it takes more than just a generational talent to win in the NHL :facepalm:

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
Just browsing through this thread. Its fun reading through the Jealousy and seething emanating from other Canadian fanbases. Most notably Vancouver and Calgary. I get it Edmonton defeated Vancouver on the way to the finals. Its pretty comical that the Vancouver crowd thinks bragging about Dallas then Florida is somehow supposed to make Oiler fans angry or scared in someway. :laugh: Trying to stay relevant in any way. I live in Surrey and the crowd that was once running around Scott Road shouting Fxxx McDavid, or Hyman etc, are nowhere to be found. The bandwagon in this city is generational. I give them that.

As for the Oilers, What we are watching is a historical duo trying to cap off a historical season. Being last in late November to where they are now. If they do it, one of the greatest stories in hockey history. Bar none. If they don't they get it done next year. Getting to the final 2 pretty much guarantees McDrai re-up for a few more years. I just feel its only a matter of when and how many they win. Other Canadian fanbases will just have to get used to this. These guys arent some over the hill players. They are right smack in the middle of thier primes. Add in Bouchard to this, the GM would have to be a massive fxxx up to mess this up.

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
Been Groundhog Day with this dumb and inaccurate narrative every series so far.

If you look at the top 6 of both teams

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hyman, Kane, McLeod(?)

Barkov, Reinhart, Tkatchuk, Bennett, Verhaege, Rodrigues

Sure the Oilers have the 2 best offensive guys but Florida's top-6 is pretty damn good. Now if you go further down the lineup, I would say Florida's third and fourth line are definitely better than those of Oilers'. Do you disagree?

Oilers' first D-pairing has been really good for them but after that it's pretty thin compared to Florida. And Forsling/Ekblad, are right up there as the best defensive pair in the playoffs.

If you compare NYR d-core to Oilers', I think it's pretty safe to say that it's better. Fox, Lindgren, Miller, Trouba, Schneider. The Panthers dominated against them and the only thing why it wasn't a 4-0 sweep was Shesterkin, and I'm not even exaggerating. He was absolutely amazing that series. Can Skinner be that in the finals?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
If we hold McDavid to 1.5 ppg that would do the trick IMO, that bum Kooch only outscored McDavid in the regular season, lol, McDavid had how many points versus the Kings? 12 in 5? He has been around 1.5 PPG since then. Not some crazy idea.

Florida isn't going to shut out McDavid, lol, no one has said that, or expects it, we just cant have him going for 3 points a night. McDavid while great as he is, has had instances in the playoffs where he could not outscore the Oilers other issues, its not out of the realm that it could happen again.

And losing to the cup champs isn't a huge flex, we have done it 3 out of the last 4 years too. We will see how it shakes out early in the series as the feeling out begins.
Lol to be fair, mcdavid looked average at best vs van and first few games vs Dallas. Oiler fans new something was off, possibly injured, but he looks back to his old self the last 3 games vs Dallas which he put up 5 points out of edmontons 9 goals

Safe to say he is back to being somewhat healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad