SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
I guess there just wasn’t much left of Dallas after they got through those two contenders. They must’ve softened them up really nice for the Oil to beat.
See? I can try to downplay the path taken by the Oilers just as you’re trying to do with FL’s path.
you're entitled to do whatever you want. if you think that Florida's road has been as challenging as Dallas', you're entitled to that too.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
This thread is nothing but Florida fans talking up their team and talking shit about the Oilers. Needing to justify or convince themselves and others.......meanwhile..... Oiler fans don't need to convince themselves of anything. We agree both teams are good, lets see what happens lol.

We've been hearing the same crap for what seems like forever. You actually think we're scared of Barkov....so called defensive stalwart. He's currently 115th in +/- in the playoffs at 0 lmfao. If people think that Barkovs defense saws off Mcdavids offense, you're delusional.

If McDavid didn't play and Barkov didn't play, Oilers would easily beat Florida. So with both of them in the lineup...Florida wins...c'mon now.
I think you’re missing some posts here and there.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
you're entitled to do whatever you want. if you think that Florida's road has been as challenging as Dallas', you're entitled to that too.
No, I’ll stick with my original reply to you, which was to ask just what exactly each teams’ path to reach this point has to do with anything now?
Outside of possible carryover injuries, it means absolutely nothing.

Jan 13, 2023
No, I’ll stick with my original reply to you, which was to ask just what exactly each teams’ path to reach this point has to do with anything now?
Outside of possible carryover injuries, it means absolutely nothing.
just pointing out why some are responding the way they are after hearing the same things we heard before with Dallas, who were considered a better team than Florida and had beaten actual contenders

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Forsling-Barkov outscored 5gf-7ga at 5v5 in the playoffs so far.

For comparison, Mcdavid and Bouchard are 20gf-8ga in the playoffs at 5v5.

Or individually:
Bouchard: 25-11, 69.4%
Mcdavid 21-12, 63.6%

Forsling: 15-10, 60%
Barkov: 9-8, 52.9%.
Interesting.

I want to see the retort.

Reactions: SavoieSeason

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hey don't be so negative, we went from a 2-man team to a 5-man team.

I'm doing cartwheels over here.

It's funny how the same BS narrative gets molded to fit today's reality even though it makes no sense in today's reality.

This narrative is now bordering on "the Oilers ONLY have 4 elite scoring players, a handful of solid veteran support players, and one of the best D pairs in the league, THEY HAVE NO DEPTH!"

There's no other line of attack for the dumb other than "2 man team!" so they just recycle the same line, but add players to it.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
It's funny how the same BS narrative gets molded to fit today's reality even though it makes no sense in today's reality.

This narrative is now bordering on "the Oilers ONLY have 4 elite scoring players, a handful of solid veteran support players, and one of the best D pairs in the league, THEY HAVE NO DEPTH!"

There's no other line of attack for the dumb other than "2 man team!" so they just recycle the same line, but add players to it.
I'm just happy we added 5v5 and PK merchants to our PP merchants label.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health... what have the Romans ever done for us?"

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Hooray for Progress!
According to HF, This postseason FL has boosted it up from 6 fans all the way to 30 now! The one guy who said 2000 must’ve really been tripping.
That's a terrible chirp, btw. I hope nobody has used that on you guys from the Oilers fanbase.
Florida is a hotbed for hockey fandom now.

Reactions: SavoieSeason

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I think 32 thoughts touched on that, maybe he calmed a bit from last year after suffering a serious injury because he was a marked guy. He picks his spot much better.
While I truly love how he played last year, this year, he is a different player, disciplined and focused, it has helped the team on the playoffs by reducing Powerplay opportunities. He is definitely a more matured player and all business.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Lollol common ground
That's a terrible chirp, btw. I hope nobody has used that on you guys from the Oilers fanbase.
Florida is a hotbed for hockey fandom now.
well, nowadays it mostly (but still reliably) comes out after FL sends their team packing. Like was said above about the tired old narratives that dumbasses stubbornly cling to for far too long after the fact.

Reactions: Coffey

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
This thread is nothing but Florida fans talking up their team and talking shit about the Oilers. Needing to justify or convince themselves and others.......meanwhile..... Oiler fans don't need to convince themselves of anything. We agree both teams are good, lets see what happens lol.

We've been hearing the same crap for what seems like forever. You actually think we're scared of Barkov....so called defensive stalwart. He's currently 115th in +/- in the playoffs at 0 lmfao. If people think that Barkovs defense saws off Mcdavids offense, you're delusional.

If McDavid didn't play and Barkov didn't play, Oilers would easily beat Florida. So with both of them in the lineup...Florida wins...c'mon now.

And what are you doing with your post? Pot meet kettle.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Gonna be a great series. Wish it was starting tonight. But great that we know we are have back Saturday night games coming ....possibly a third.
Be great to see another Canadian team win the Cup ....... but if I had to bet. Panthers in 6.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
No comment on Florida or what they're capable of but the complete 180 this board has somehow pulled off regarding how good the Dallas Stare were(n't) is really something.

They were good and they were one of the favorites.

But you also have to look who they played against and how Dallas played. They overplayed their top 4 D-men, Tanev got injured, Hintz was injured. Also their top forwards really never shined during playoffs.

But Oilers were also really good. For the first time you could see that they did not fold under pressure, they defended well, Skinner was good and when they got chance to score they used it. Extremely resilient team and complitely different Oilers people are used to see.

But Panthers are also not Dallas Star. They are Stars on massive steroids. They are favorites on my eyes, but this is not gonna be cakewalk. Only way this becomes ”easy” to Panthers is that skinner complitely melts.

Oilers have every chance to win too. Mcdavid and Drai are going beastmode for this. They are so close to get cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad