SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
What exactly does that have to do with now? Not a damn thing. Panthers beat whoever the playoff bracket put in front of them. You are trying to use this as some kind of indicator of who is a better team, it’s silly. And I’ll say again, if you want to find something in each team’s path taken, maybe Dallas’ hard road is what softened them up enough for the oil to win.
just pointing out why some are responding the way they are after hearing the same things we heard before with Dallas, who were considered a better team than Florida and had beaten actual contenders

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You said Bob was “outplayed”, you tried to imply that he hasn’t been all that good this year. Twice.
You’re aware a goalie can get outplayed while still being good right?

Goalie A with .950 and goalie B with .930

Seems like you’re looking for an argument out of nothing

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah, idk, kind of surprises me how many people have been surprised by the Oilers this post season.

It's like. Even with the atrocious start... Like we were literally an analytic darling wagon last year that Vegas said was their biggest challenge and made analytic darling saw em good changes in the offseason.

Then we were the top team analytically all season, even during the 3-9-1 disaster start, and if you take away the disaster start where we had historically impossibly low PDP that started with an 8... we went 87% of the season where we were statistically a top tier team.

I honestly believe the Eastern bias has a great deal to with the current narrative. Nobody out east stays awake to watch Western teams play. This is usually why most writers will say garbage like Matthews is the best player on the planet. (He’s not even on Leon’s level let alone Connor’s) but it’s ok keep the narrative going it will only be that much sweeter when they prove everyone wrong and bring the cup back to Canada in a few weeks

Reactions: Duke74

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I see you left out votes conveniently.
Nope, didn't think it mattered.
Pretty sure we all know Sasha won with 99.9% of votes and we all know he's great.

No point of both fanbases flinging shit and stats at each others, because only thing that matters is the game on the ice.
Otherwise we look as stupid as all the wrong projections made by fans of teams currently golfing.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Cats had a literal cakewalk to the Cup with the ECF. New York, one of the softest playoff teams ever assembled combined with horrible leadership. They pretty much gave up in Game 1. Cats should be well rested for the Cup Finals.
I guess this will be a cakewalk for you guys. lol

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Probably because it's a valid point.
Except only Wayne and Mario have a greater PPG than Connor and Leon do in the playoffs. Sure Kucherov is close but McDrai is whole other level above him even. The Panthers will have a hard time stopping both especially when they are running their own lines

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Nope, didn't think it mattered.
Pretty sure we all know Sasha won with 99.9% of votes and we all know he's great.

No point of both fanbases flinging shit and stats at each others, because only thing that matters is the game on the ice.
Otherwise we look as stupid as all the wrong projections made by fans of teams currently golfing.
Why include players with 5 votes in an effort to diminish the type of player Barvok is?

I've said it already, EDM has not faced anything like barkov and forsling this post season. There are no stats needed.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Thanks for helping make my point.

Please understand I'm not trying to take away from 97, but let's not pretend that 16-42 are the same as anything Edmonton has faced so far

Look no one is saying Barkov isnt one of if not the most elite 2 way center out there.

We ALL agree.

In the same way you are saying you are not taking away anything from 97, we are also not taking anything away from 16 when saying he has gone up against some amazing defensive players. I dont think you can waive away Miro, Quinn, JT, Lindholm, Lindell, Tanev, Hintz, Danualt, Kopi, Doughty as not very very elite defensive players and at minimum some of these guys are in the same breathe as Barkov

I would argue Barkov and Forsling havent seen anything like McDavid and Drai too.

Reactions: SavoieSeason

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You’re aware a goalie can get outplayed while still being good right?

Goalie A with .950 and goalie B with .930

Seems like you’re looking for an argument out of nothing
I just find it funny to try and say a goalie was outplayed just because his team was so much better than the other. The word “outplayed” was used with a purpose to try and downplay Bob’s play this season.
He made the saves he had to make. He made them while down a goal, he made them in a tie game, he made them while up a goal. He was as solid as was needed.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
This thread is nothing but Florida fans talking up their team and talking shit about the Oilers. Needing to justify or convince themselves and others.......meanwhile..... Oiler fans don't need to convince themselves of anything. We agree both teams are good, lets see what happens lol.

We've been hearing the same crap for what seems like forever. You actually think we're scared of Barkov....so called defensive stalwart. He's currently 115th in +/- in the playoffs at 0 lmfao. If people think that Barkovs defense saws off Mcdavids offense, you're delusional.

If McDavid didn't play and Barkov didn't play, Oilers would easily beat Florida. So with both of them in the lineup...Florida wins...c'mon now.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
And I'll say this, I don't know how good Barkov and McDavid will do against each other... But I'm dying to see it!
McDavid vs Barkov has all the makings of becoming one for the ages. It truly is going to be something special for hockey fans. Neither will find a tougher matchup on an individual level. Wouldn’t surprise me if this was not the last time they meet.

Reactions: Coffey

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
just pointing out why some are responding the way they are after hearing the same things we heard before with Dallas, who were considered a better team than Florida and had beaten actual contenders
I guess there just wasn’t much left of Dallas after they got through those two contenders. They must’ve softened them up really nice for the Oil to beat.
See? I can try to downplay the path taken by the Oilers just as you’re trying to do with FL’s path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad