SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Not holding anything against Bob he's played well as I said. But he hasn't stood on his head like Swayman, Shesty or Otter did for large parts of the playoffs and the stats and advanced stats support that. Last playoffs Bob stood on his head at that level.

The Panthers last playoffs to this playoffs is night and day. They are a MUCH better team defensively, have brought in better personnel to shore up the defense and bottom six, which is why they have not had to rely on Bob as much. When they have though, he has been money for the most part.

Dallas beat way better teams than Florida did though

Cool story. And the Panthers had to go against Vasilevskiy, Swayman, then Igor. Murderers row that no team in the West had to face.

Jan 13, 2023
Cool story. And the Panthers had to go against Vasilevskiy, Swayman, then Igor. Murderers row that no team in the West had to face.
So what? Everyone knew going in to the playoffs that those teams had good goalies and yet only the Rangers were ever considered contenders, and that was only after they swept the worst team in the playoffs.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I read something about you guys giving the Rangers a lot of breakaways or something?

In this day and age when morons are raised by other morons on social media? Good luck, Rats.
We gave 133 breakaway during the regular season, good for 32nd in the league. In the playoffs it was about 2 a game, even against Boston and Tampa.

Oilers and Panthers are both top 5 against the rush. Sadly for the Oilers' D, that strenght is kind of negated by the Panthers being 32nd in off the rush chances. Panthers don't even try them.

Reactions: Coffey

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think these are two pretty evenly matched teams with the wild card being goaltending. Both coaches have their teams fully bought in and playing at a high level so I think it’ll be an exciting series.

Hopeful the Oilers can bring it home but if they come up short then I don’t mind that it’s to a team in the Panthers that have been around for a long time but never won. They’re a good team but they’ve had some tough stretches, but I would feel a little conflicted as it would be funny to see the Flames have to watch two of their highest picks ever win a Cup with another team but I also can’t stand Tkachuk. He’s a hell of a player so there’s a layer of respect sprinkled with hate. A hateful respect.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Not holding anything against Bob he's played well as I said. But he hasn't stood on his head like Swayman, Shesty or Otter did for large parts of the playoffs and the stats and advanced stats support that. Last playoffs Bob stood on his head at that level.
He didn’t have to stand on his head like the opposition did, but he came up big when he was needed. What more can you ask for? :dunno:
Should the Panthers play suckier so their goalie can look better?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I mean, I still don't believe the Panthers are deeper than the Stars.

It should be a great series though
Stars played 4 defenseman the last game after Suter got benched essentially and 5 most of the series. They dressed a rookie making his NHL debut in game 6. I think Fla is deeper but that's just me

Reactions: Amorgus
Jan 13, 2023
He didn’t have to stand on his head like the opposition did, but he came up big when he was needed. What more can you ask for? :dunno:
Should the Panthers play suckier so their goalie can look better?
He's been fine, but definitely let in some softies. He could absolutely turn into a brick wall at any point but hasn't been one yet.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oilers have better defensemen than the Panthers. Bouchard-Ekholm has been the best pairing in the playoffs. In net, Skinner has shown he can steal playoff games. For forwards, the Oilers have at least 3 lines that can score.

The Oilers could beat the Panthers as they are the better team.
While a lot of this is true, after Hyman there's a huge drop off. It's almost like they depend on their top 5 producers to win consistently. The last couple games they relied on their PP and their top 5 players to close it out. Bouchard playing behind McDavid and the top PP does affect his stature.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Bouchard
RNH
Hyman

These 5 players are what keeps them afloat.

The rest are in single digits.

9 players are a negative impact with Nurse leading the way at -13

So the Panthers need to concentrate on 5 guys and limit them as best they can while also staying out of the box.

I don't think they are a better team, but they got some better pieces, for sure.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Depth! Balance.

The Panthers definitely have both, but so do the Oilers which people can't seem to bring themselves to acknowledge.

I'll repeat - "depth" and "balance" aren't the determining factors this late in the playoffs. Both teams are deep, both teams have balance. This is what wins the series:

How good are your Players on Game Day. If they are by 120, 100 or only 70%. nothing else.
Depth is important, on the Year Caps won the Cup, their fourth Line was the difference in 2 Series. And had the Game winning Goal.
But that mean their fourth Line Player played more Games on 100% and over.
Even the best Player in the World could have a bad Day in the Playoffs, that why we are humans.

Reactions: K1984

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Dallas beat way better teams than Florida did though
Did they actually though

I get Vegas. And I actually think thats what hurt Dallas in the late round of the playoffs. You play a tough team like that right off the bat, the taxes will need to be paid like we did last year against Boston. And I can say Vegas weren't at their peak given the roster turnover they had (they had big names they added this year at the deadline vs just adding Barbashev last year). A lot of unfamiliarity there.

Then you got the Avs who lost Nichuskin and had a goalie they dubbed Fourgiev themselves.

Dallas looked a lot like we did in the Cup Finals last year to be honest. Tired and broken. Hell, you just saw Pavelski retire. They had a Dman playing 3 minutes a night and a ton of old legs with tons of mileage on there.

We faced a player with over 140 points just like Dallas did. We faced an ex champion, and our own demons just as Dallas did in Tampa. And New York is New York. And yea, we didnt score that many goals this playoffs. But who would against Vasy, Swayman, and Shesterkin lol.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
While a lot of this is true, after Hyman there's a huge drop off. It's almost like they depend on their top 5 producers to win consistently. The last couple games they relied on their PP and their top 5 players to close it out. Bouchard playing behind McDavid and the top PP does affect his stature.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Bouchard
RNH
Hyman

These 5 players are what keeps them afloat.

The rest are in single digits.

9 players are a negative impact with Nurse leading the way at -13

So the Panthers need to concentrate on 5 guys and limit them as best they can while also staying out of the box.

I don't think they are a better team, but they got some better pieces, for sure.

A team relying on their best players spread across various positions?!

Crazy! They must be like almost every other team.

Jan 13, 2023
Did they actually though

I get Vegas. And I actually think thats what hurt Dallas in the late round of the playoffs. You play a tough team like that right off the bat, the taxes will need to be paid like we did last year against Boston. And I can say Vegas weren't at their peak given the roster turnover they had (they had big names they added this year at the deadline vs just adding Barbashev last year). A lot of unfamiliarity there.

Then you got the Avs who lost Nichuskin and had a goalie they dubbed Fourgiev themselves.

Dallas looked a lot like we did in the Cup Finals last year to be honest. Tired and broken. Hell, you just saw Pavelski retire. They had a Dman playing 3 minutes a night and a ton of old legs with tons of mileage on there.

We faced a player with over 140 points just like Dallas did. We faced an ex champion, and our own demons just as Dallas did in Tampa. And New York is New York
how many of those teams were ever considered to be contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad