SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I picked Florida in 6. They have better depth, the better goalie, and the vastly better defense. The Oilers have the two best players in the world. They are going to need to play lights out to beat the Panthers. I think it can happen (it is hockey, any team can win any matchup) but it won't be easy.
Depth rumor dispelled already

Bouchard on verge of becoming best playoff dman all time

• Haha
Reactions: pb1300 and Laus723

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think this will be a great series. I picked Florida in 6, but McDavid goes nuclear, there’s not much any team can do about it.
Same.. this is Florida's series unless McDavid wants something elss

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
#4 Dallas is better than anything FLA can throw over the boards, though.

Florida does arguably have a stronger top 4 than the Stars, especially since the Stars were overplaying theirs.

But Miro is a beast and Connor just took his lunch money.

Oh boy.. You have not met Orssling

Reactions: Boothinator

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Same dirt, different pile.

The Cats may be the NHLs premiere dirtbag team these days, but before them the Treliving Flames reigned supreme. If it’s truculence, physicality, and dirt on offer by the Cats, we’ll be more than ready for it.
You don’t know what you’re saying, but that’s fine. It’s the popular narrative.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Probably the most unpredictable SCF in recent memory. I’m giving the edge to Florida solely due to the fact that teams that lose their first SCF and make it again tend to eventually win.

That might be a factor at least. It will be easy to misunderstand my following point, but I think there's a psychological element to the release of tension in "getting there", whatever goal the team has set out to achieve. The Oilers seemed to interview and act as if they'd reached a pinnacle after eliminating the Stars. Now it's silly to suggest that they're now content and will quit, but I am curious as to the effect of having reached something long awaited like that and the reaction one might have to it. Like, "finally", and it's something you have to re-set from in order to regain focus and the true hunger to outcompete an experienced opponent. I don't put much weight in the players' words in interviews, they usually know what to say, but there was among the Oilers a sense of accomplishment that they would not likely have if they had been to the finals and lost last season. The Panthers were happy to reach the finals once again, but I suspect they're not releasing as much tension as they did last season. Of course, this is not only pure speculation, but also just a tiny part of a large and incalculable equation, but nonetheless.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
#4 Dallas is better than anything FLA can throw over the boards, though.

Florida does arguably have a stronger top 4 than the Stars, especially since the Stars were overplaying theirs.

But Miro is a beast and Connor just took his lunch money.
Yes, he did. Hopefully the lesser Cats will play that more simply and just take the body instead of reaching for the puck while he dangles the other way right around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad