SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think this will be a great series. I picked Florida in 6, but McDavid goes nuclear, there’s not much any team can do about it.

Reactions: LTIR

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I found it fascinating how they showed McDavid breaking down Dallas' defense with different looks during the break-in. At one point, he even rang the puck around the net to Draisaitl. On the first goal, he attacked the weak side defender, catching Dallas off guard. He made a remarkable individual play through traffic at the net.

Then, on the very next goal, Dallas' defense understandably focused on McDavid. Both Hyman and Draisaitl missed easy setups, making the defense even more determined to stop McDavid. It became a "we can't let McDavid beat us, we have to force him to give up the puck" situation. But then, bam! He drew two defenders over on a rush play and delivered a perfect pass to Hyman.

Setting this tone early was crucial. Although the Oilers later struggled to maintain offensive pressure, McDavid was constantly in Dallas' heads. Every time he sped down the ice, they keyed in on him, often sending extra help even when he didn't have support up ice. This also caused Dallas to move up the ice in a disorganized manner, feeling threatened by the forecheck that McDavid initiated with his pressure on that first goal and stripping the defender down low.

Reactions: Kerberos

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Have you been watching the Panthers? Go an count all the penalties on every team the Panthers played in the playoffs and compare it against them, and then comeback here a let us know.

You probably haven't had the privilege of seeing Tkachuk play McDrai as often as Oilers fans have. These guys hate each other... emotions are going to run over on both sides... this one is going to be a bloodbath IMO.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I found it fascinating how they showed McDavid breaking down Dallas' defense with different looks during the break-in. At one point, he even rang the puck around the net to Draisaitl. On the first goal, he attacked the weak side defender, catching Dallas off guard. He made a remarkable individual play through traffic at the net.

Then, on the very next goal, Dallas' defense understandably focused on McDavid. Both Hyman and Draisaitl missed easy setups, making the defense even more determined to stop McDavid. It became a "we can't let McDavid beat us, we have to force him to give up the puck" situation. But then, bam! He drew two defenders over on a rush play and delivered a perfect pass to Hyman.

Setting this tone early was crucial. Although the Oilers later struggled to maintain offensive pressure, McDavid was constantly in Dallas' heads. Every time he sped down the ice, they keyed in on him, often sending extra help even when he didn't have support up ice. This also caused Dallas to move up the ice in a disorganized manner, feeling threatened by the forecheck that McDavid initiated with his pressure on that first goal and stripping the defender down low.
SN showed that breakdown in the 1st intermission after both goals were scored. Impressive stuff.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I think FLA bottom 6 kills Edmontons. but Mcdavid and Drai are winning this

Mcdavid and Drai against Bob is gonna get ugly!
understand that sentiment, but we just heard oilers bottom 6 cant handle vancouvers bottom 6, then we heard dallas was too deep and the bottom 6 will kill the oilers.

I will say this though, i think dallas underestimated the oilers, the panthers wont. that SCF loss last year stings and they will be ready to go

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Guess we will see. McDavid doesn't absolutely put the team on his back last night and the oilers could likely lose the series. In a game where Draisaitl can't muster a single shot on goal, McDavid shines and single handedly sends the oilers to the SCF.

His goal in game 6 is one of the prettiest of his career too, its being shown everywhere right now. I am not the only one calling it a legendary performance, either. To each their own though. Cheers.
His goal in game 6 was indeed very pretty.
Hopefully if he gets to that spot against FL they will do something other than fish for the puck like #4 for Dallas did.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Would love to see a Canadian team win rather than another south Florida team...
Plus you know ‘94 doesn’t happen without the Oilers exporting their dynasty to New York. Pay us a back a little (also, thanks for Knoblauch and Talbot in the past, the Rags have always been good to the Oil)

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Gun to my head, I'd go with Florida in 7 by the skin of their teeth. I think the major difference could be in net. How will Stuart Skinner fare in the finals against a formidable Panthers team?

Sucks the Rangers lost, but on paper, this will be an amazing finals matchup.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I picked Florida in 6. They have better depth, the better goalie, and the vastly better defense. The Oilers have the two best players in the world. They are going to need to play lights out to beat the Panthers. I think it can happen (it is hockey, any team can win any matchup) but it won't be easy.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
His goal in game 6 was indeed very pretty.
Hopefully if he gets to that spot against FL they will do something other than fish for the puck like #4 for Dallas did.
#4 Dallas is better than anything FLA can throw over the boards, though.

Florida does arguably have a stronger top 4 than the Stars, especially since the Stars were overplaying theirs.

But Miro is a beast and Connor just took his lunch money.

Reactions: capazzo
Jan 13, 2023
Lots of talk lately about how Forsling is the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Looking forward to seeing how he stacks up against the record-setting Señor Evan Boucha Bomba.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
You can take the Flame out of Calgary but you can't take the Calgary out of the Flame.
and despite the vast difference in NHL playoff coaching experience they have both won the same amounts of stanley cups. only difference is maurice has had many many years to try

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad