SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
You don't know where Edmonton is, are we actually doing this?
Come on, Coff, I think you and I both know I know that isn't true. Do I really need a wink emoji? Or should I say j/k?

Jesus. You guys are sensitive. You made the Cup final. Let loose a little. :laugh:

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Come on, Coff, I think you and I both know I know that isn't true. Do I really need a wink emoji? Or should I say j/k?

Jesus. You guys are sensitive. You made the Cup final. Let loose a little. :laugh:
Blood pressure still going down from last night.
And you might be saying this in jest, but we've dealt with a lot of actual shoot stupidity in here.
Tough to differentiate. lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He is great because of things like last night, and you clearly have some sort of agenda with these ridiculous statements propping Chris Kreider above McDavid.

McDavid was the best player on the ice last night by a wide margin in an elimination game on the biggest stage. He not only created all of the offense for the oilers, but he was excellent all over the ice. Those are the facts, and the stage he did it on makes it a legendary performance.
A natural Hat trick in the 3rd period willing his team back to win the game and series, is a better single game performance for me. Sorry.

McDavid is the best in the league, but that wasn't his best game of that series, let alone for every player in the whole playoffs, nor all time.

Why this offends you, I don't know.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Blindly pointing to an AHLer in the Vancouver series despite him likely playing as good or better than demko could have doesn't make sense. Canucks got dominated in 5/7 games, Skinner just has a mental block against that team, something like 4GA and 850sv% the over the last 8 games.

The stars won the conference and were one point off of the Rangers...so a similarly successful team that beat the reigning cup champs was just two 40 year Olds and petrovic, but the Panthers were elite shutdown on Zib and deserve all the credit? Dallas went 0-19 on the PP in the series and the Oilers have killed off 28 in a row against VAN and DAL. I find it pretty obnoxious when people claim we can't play defense.

Fully appreciate that some oiler fans are borderline meglomaniac but this is either satire or a zero self awareness post.
Nah it’s legit. Congrats on being in the Finals.

Sleep on the Cats, though.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
A natural Hat trick in the 3rd period willing his team back to win the game and series, is a better single game performance for me. Sorry.
Most people would say the performances in the later rounds get magnified in importance, and those performances are what makes a player's reputation.
McDavid is the best in the league, but that wasn't his best game of the series let alone for every player in the whole playoffs, nor all time.
Nobody said it was the best performance of all time. It was a legendary performance, and one of McDavid's most memorable performances of his career to date.

If you want to rank his 6 assist game in february against Detroit as more legendary be my guest, but most of the casual fans I bump into will be reminiscing about his performance on the biggest stage of his career to date.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

McDavid is the best in the league, but that wasn't his best game of that series, let alone for every player in the whole playoffs, nor all time.

Why this offends you, I don't know.
The “Mathews is better” trolls have left a mark, apparently.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Florida might very well have the better team, but the Oilers have the better top end players.

McDrais in 6.

Also, please stop pretending that Barkov is going to shutdown McDavid, people. That is not happening :laugh:

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Blindly pointing to an AHLer in the Vancouver series despite him likely playing as good or better than demko could have doesn't make sense. Canucks got dominated in 5/7 games, Skinner just has a mental block against that team, something like 4GA and 850sv% the over the last 8 games.

The stars won the conference and were one point off of the Rangers...so a similarly successful team that beat the reigning cup champs was just two 40 year Olds and petrovic, but the Panthers were elite shutdown on Zib and deserve all the credit? Dallas went 0-19 on the PP in the series and the Oilers have killed off 28 in a row against VAN and DAL. I find it pretty obnoxious when people claim we can't play defense.

Fully appreciate that some oiler fans are borderline meglomaniac but this is either satire or a zero self awareness post.

Silovs was amazing considering the position he was put in, rose to the challenge and played better than anyone could rightly expect.

However that’s not the same as saying he performed like Demko would have, an elite player in the NHL among best in a key position generally can cover in interim temporarily but cannot be replaced.

You could take Draisaitl out as 2C for the playoffs and put move RNH, a bottom 6er or let alone callup from the AHL to cover and see what happens. Players and the team will of course step up and cover (see Nashville Predators SCF run) but ultimately the team will have a ceiling on the level they can perform at.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Those shots by Dallas were ass, mostly predictable perimeter shots, and the dangerous shots missed their mark. Some people actually don't watch the games.

Skinner had a great game, one of his best, but yeah, all he was doing was to set himself square to the puck, the shots where mostly harmless.

Watch the highlight of the game and not a single Skinner save isent him dropping butterfly and getting hit. The less he moves around and the better he perform.

The only goal the Stars generated, was Skinner throwing his weight outside of the crease on a miss shot where he wasn't able to regain position.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Most people would say the performances in the later rounds get magnified in importance, and those performances are what makes a player's reputation.

Nobody said it was the best performance of all time. It was a legendary performance, and one of McDavid's most memorable performances of his career to date.

If you want to rank his 6 assist game in february against Detroit as more legendary be my guest, but most of the casual fans I bump into will be reminiscing about his performance on the biggest stage of his career to date.
Again, I didn't mention any other McDavid games but if you want to know what I think instead of making up an example, for me he was better in both Games 1 and 4 of that Dallas series.

That double OT winner will be talked about for a lot longer than his game 6.

The prettiest plays don't equate to the best performances, hands down.

This is maybe the best goal of the playoffs last year:

Same thing, far from the most impactful performance of our run or Barkys best game. Gretzky said it might have been the best goal he ever saw scored in the playoffs, lol

Last edited:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Again, I didn't mention any other McDavid games but if you want to know what I think instead of making up an example, for me he was better in both Games 1 and 4 of that Dallas series.

That double OT winner will be talked about for a lot longer than his game 6.
Guess we will see. McDavid doesn't absolutely put the team on his back last night and the oilers could likely lose the series. In a game where Draisaitl can't muster a single shot on goal, McDavid shines and single handedly sends the oilers to the SCF.

His goal in game 6 is one of the prettiest of his career too, its being shown everywhere right now. I am not the only one calling it a legendary performance, either. To each their own though. Cheers.

RockTheRedDC

Apr 26, 2013
For whatever reason, Oilers is the only Canadian team that I do not dislike.

I wish they play 7 games, and 5 OTs every game, but go with Cats win in 5.

Cats have too much firepower, great goaltending and defense.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Have to wonder if FLA dials back some of its rough stuff in fear of putting EDM on the PP. Playing on the edge is a big part of their game. How the refs call the series could have a pretty big influence on things. A tightly called series will favor EDM for sure.
Have you been watching the Panthers? Go an count all the penalties on every team the Panthers played in the playoffs and compare it against them, and then comeback here a let us know.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He is great because of things like last night, and you clearly have some sort of agenda with these ridiculous statements propping Chris Kreider above McDavid.

McDavid was the best player on the ice last night by a wide margin in an elimination game on the biggest stage. He not only created all of the offense for the oilers, but he was excellent all over the ice. Those are the facts, and the stage he did it on makes it a legendary performance.
What? Oilers got dominated all game, including McDavid. Skinner was the best player on the ice by a large margin, not McDavid.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've said it before and I'm saying it again, the Kings get underrated because they keep losing to the Oilers. They're a very good team that really needed to part ways with their coach and lean on their talent a little bit more. They're way too passive and that just doesn't work against Edmonton.
I won't stand for this praise. LA hasn't had an NHL goalie since dumping Quick

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Blood pressure still going down from last night.
And you might be saying this in jest, but we've dealt with a lot of actual shoot stupidity in here.
Tough to differentiate. lmao
Fair. Enjoy it. Well deserved and, yes, I'm jelly.

• Love
Reactions: Coffey

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
We heard about the relentless grind of the Canucks and Stars too.
Just wait my little supernova star, my best advice to you is to be cautiously optimistic, McDavid Draisaitle and Hyman are a scary bunch, no doubt, but beyond that, lots of question marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad