SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I thought Edmonton would get wrecked by the Canucks...and also Dallas

Thought Florida would have a harder time with Tampa/Boston, and get wrecked by the Rangers

I give up trying to figure out these two teams, and have accepted that they are just that f***ing good. Hoping for a great series.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Rangers had everything Edmonton does sans McDrai. They had Shesterkin. Still got beat in 6 (should have been 5 games max).

I don't see how this is a good matchup for Edmonton.
What? The teams are nothing alike. For example, Rangers have had poor advanced stats, while Oilers have had amazing ones. Oilers have had amazing PP, Rangers terrible. Rangers best goalie in conference finals, Oilers worst, etc.

Extremely poor comparison.

LaCarriere

Part of me wants Edmonton to win, so McDavid gets his cup, and I can see all the Leaf fans cry and make up every excuse in the world for why Edmonton won before them. The refs, the draft was rigged, they needed all those first OAs to win, etc. It would be hilarious.

Then the other part of me wants to see Florida win, just to keep the streak of no Canadian team winning since '93 alive.

I feel either way I can celebrate something.

Reactions: Mez

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
What? The teams are nothing alike. For example, Rangers have had poor advanced stats, while Oilers have had amazing ones. Oilers have had amazing PP, Rangers terrible. Rangers best goalie in conference finals, Oilers worst, etc.

What are you talking about? They both use skates and sticks to play hockey!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Cats have done a good job of keeping away from dumb penalties we have to keep them off the PP we win going away if we play smart. GO Cats !

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I honestly don't know which way this is going to go, now who I would prefer that win. Part of me wants the Oilers to take it, as it's fitting a player at the level of McDavid needs to win the cup.

Regular season heavily favors the Panthers, and they won head-to-head matches convincingly. If anything, the way rules are enforced in the playoffs, it favors Florida.

However, it seems the Oilers have evolved in the playoffs, so who knows.

After all of this...even me preferring Oilers win, I voted Florida in 6.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Dallas didn't shut you down, lol, you stopped playing offense after 20 minutes, and held on for dear life.

His goal was great, still doesn't make it an all time performance. Skinner was the best Oiler on the ice, they left him out to dry.

Also Drai looks like he is nursing something, passing up every shot opportunity.
I am a Blues fan and just appreciating greatness, so you can stop with the flag waving.

His goal was legendary, and his play to set up hyman going into the zone was amazing, then drew the 2 defenders over and made that tape to tape pass. It was a beauty. There was a great breakdown of McDavid's zone entries, basically it was all on him to give the defense different looks.

Again, McDavid's line generated 6 shots and 2 goals, all on the back of excellence from McDavid. That is a legendary performance.

Those shots by Dallas were ass, mostly predictable perimeter shots, and the dangerous shots missed their mark. Some people actually don't watch the games.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
If the Panthers stay out of the box, I expect they'll find a way to win.
If the refs are calling a lot, Oilers have a huge advantage.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

The Rangers had the best PP in the league this year, they won the President's trophy with a +1 differential 5v5, lol

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am a Blues fan and just appreciating greatness, so you can stop with the flag waving.

His goal was legendary, and his play to set up hyman going into the zone was amazing, then drew the 2 defenders over and made that tape to tape pass. It was a beauty. There was a great breakdown of McDavid's zone entries, basically it was all on him to give the defense different looks.

Again, McDavid's line generated 6 shots and 2 goals, all on the back of excellence from McDavid. That is a legendary performance.

Those shots by Dallas were ass, mostly predictable perimeter shots, and the dangerous shots missed their mark. Some people actually don't watch the games.
Agree to disagree, hell Chris Kreider had a better clinching game a round ago versus Carolina.

McDavid deserves boatloads of credit, so there is no need to claim the extraordinary to boost him up, he is great without the hyperbole.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The Rangers had the best PP in the league this year, they won the President's trophy with a +1 differential 5v5, lol
The Oilers PP is a completely different beast though. We are talking about the greatest PP in NHL history. Add to that possibly the most dominant PK in Stanley cup playoff history and all of a sudden the Oilers chances look way better.

• Haha
Reactions: pb1300

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Part of me wants Edmonton to win, so McDavid gets his cup, and I can see all the Leaf fans cry and make up every excuse in the world for why Edmonton won before them. The refs, the draft was rigged, they needed all those first OAs to win, etc. It would be hilarious.

Then the other part of me wants to see Florida win, just to keep the streak of no Canadian team winning since '93 alive.

I feel either way I can celebrate something.
Pssst....a FL win would also somewhat trigger the Leafers

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Agree to disagree, hell Chris Kreider had a better clinching game a round ago versus Carolina.

McDavid deserves boatloads of credit, so there is no need to claim the extraordinary to boost him up, he is great without the hyperbole.
He is great because of things like last night, and you clearly have some sort of agenda with these ridiculous statements propping Chris Kreider above McDavid.

McDavid was the best player on the ice last night by a wide margin in an elimination game on the biggest stage. He not only created all of the offense for the oilers, but he was excellent all over the ice. Those are the facts, and the stage he did it on makes it a legendary performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad