SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So he didn't challenge anyone to a fight?

Because that was your point right? No one challenged us to a fight? Because it's extremely intelligent to fight in the playoffs?

And didn't we just go through 6 games of RempESPN?
lazily and half jokingly. That’s what he does when he doesn’t feel it anymore. Todays maroon, a shadow of his former self.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
For sure. But lots of their play stems from being the alpha scumbags of the east with no pushback. Let’s see how their game looks with pushback. Let’s see how Chucky and Bennet feels when they are scared to drop the gloves and someone actually asks them too.
This is hilarious bullshit here. You can tell you haven’t been watching the Panthers. You have these completely meaningless memories of “when they were Flames”.
They play a heavy forechecking game, trying to pressure in all 3 zones, opposing fans see their team getting hit repeatedly and it all becomes dirty play in their sad little eyes.
I’m pretty sure Bennett isn’t scared of anyone on the Oilers, he can handle himself. Believe it or not, Tkachuk’s game has matured since coming to FL. The stir shit up/scrum after every whistle is pretty much long gone. Chukky is more valuable on the ice than sitting for 5.

panthers d have combined for 32 pts this post season........ bouchard has 27 by himself - oilers have 48 combined.

but please tell me more about the significantly better panthers d
Defense is all about point totals?

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Nah it’s legit. Congrats on being in the Finals.

Sleep on the Cats, though.
Yep, totally legit, Oilers luckiest team AINEC.

Only person sleeping on a team is you, I never slept on the cats, think theyre a great team and expect the series to go at least 6.
Silovs was amazing considering the position he was put in, rose to the challenge and played better than anyone could rightly expect.

However that’s not the same as saying he performed like Demko would have, an elite player in the NHL among best in a key position generally can cover in interim temporarily but cannot be replaced.

You could take Draisaitl out as 2C for the playoffs and put move RNH, a bottom 6er or let alone callup from the AHL to cover and see what happens. Players and the team will of course step up and cover (see Nashville Predators SCF run) but ultimately the team will have a ceiling on the level they can perform at.
It depends, if RNH came in as 2c, driving his own line and put up 1.4ppg, then I would say he did too. The difference would be marginal enough that the Oilers are given more than enough to win. Outside of game 1, Silovs put up an 0.892 against the best offensive team in the NHL that routinely put the boots to the team in front of him, that's only 0.011 behind Oet. Silovs didn't put a ceiling on the Canucks ability to generate more than 20 shots per game, and routine take periods off going down multiple goals.

Games 1, 2, 5, 7 he played from really bad to not well. Game 1 was the worst but he won anyways so Demko changes nothing there.
Game 3 and 4 he played good to great and his team let him down in game 4.
Game 7 you'd get better stuff out of Demko but also I don't think the Oilers take their foot off the gas at shots 22-6 if they aren't up 3-0.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
panthers d have combined for 32 pts this post season........ bouchard has 27 by himself - oilers have 48 combined.

but please tell me more about the significantly better panthers d
Last time I checked that's called offence by defensive players. Defence also contributes to how many points are prevented at the other end.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I'm actually shocked at the arrogance of Oilers fans who are marginal underdogs in this series lol, it's insane, wish I could ever feel as confident in the Panthers even after all this recent success.

TBH, for the shit that has been dished out here towards the Oilers and their fans here over the years, I don't think many are in a position to be expecting graciousness. LOL

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
If the Oilers can overcome Perry, MacLeod, Foegle, Ryan, and Carrick then they can win. Overcoming this awful bottom 6 will be a tall order. But the McDavid factor is huge. How huge we'll find out.
Two of those players weren't even in the lineup last night.

McLeod and Ryan are part of the best PK in hockey.

The Oilers are in the Stanley Cup final.

I'm pretty fine with our bottom 6 but thanks for your concern, I'm sure someone somewhere cares.

I'll say, though, I'd rather have the best one-two punch since Crosby-Malkin, Yzerman-Fedorov or Lemieux-Francis than a marginally stronger line 3 and 4.

Different strokes for different folks, though; you do you of course!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really not sure why the Oilers are underdogs. They remind me of the 2016 and 2017 Penguins (in fact, they are deeper).
Wait, what?

The Pens had depth throughout the entire team all the way down to goaltending.

I don't think Edmonton's defense or goaltending matchup let alone being deeper. Perry playing on line 2 is no Kunitz at age 39. The Pens were far deeper down the middle having Cullen playing 4c and giving 3C output.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Last time I checked that's called offence by defensive players. Defence also contributes to how many points are prevented at the other end.
best defence is a good offence, move the puck and out of your zone

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
RNH has a pretty strong history of producing no matter where he plays, so I'm not sure how you can so confidently state that.

RNH has scored 11 points in even strength and the current Oilers 3rd liner Kane has scored 7 ES points. And RNH pretty obviously is much better than Kane. RNH has also played 3rd line successfully in the past.

It is good to remember RNH for example has scored more points than anyone on Panthers.

If stacking two lines works for them then they're going to keep doing it. But if they need to spread it out over multiple lines, then Oilers can easily have RNH on the 3rd line, as he's been many times in the past.
What I'm saying is, they are not as deep as that Pittsburgh team and they're not really comparable either. They're built very different. Pittsburgh used a 3 line attack, their blue line was good but they never really had that stud back on D. I'd argue Bouchard is better than anyone that Pittsburgh had on those 2 runs, Letang was legitimately hurt for an entire run and wasn't his prime self for the other one.

Edmonton has dominated special teams, maybe the most dominant PP/PK I've seen. That's been their key to success, I see very little similarites between them and the Pens teams.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is hilarious bullshit here. You can tell you haven’t been watching the Panthers. You have these completely meaningless memories of “when they were Flames”.
They play a heavy forechecking game, trying to pressure in all 3 zones, opposing fans see their team getting hit repeatedly and it all becomes dirty play in their sad little eyes.
I’m pretty sure Bennett isn’t scared of anyone on the Oilers, he can handle himself. Believe it or not, Tkachuk’s game has matured since coming to FL. The stir shit up/scrum after every whistle is pretty much long gone. Chukky is more valuable on the ice than sitting for 5.

Defense is all about point totals?
Yeh no shit. I listened to the TNT panel too. Ooo hard forecheck game, never heard that one before. Let’s see how hard it is when 50% of penalties taken ends up in the back of their net. And the other 50% invites them to drop the gloves leading them to cower behind the Refs.

Hah Bennet. He won’t drop em with Nurse, Kane, or Vinny. Any of these guys would fight TWO of the Cats at the same time. LOL. Sam Bennet, please.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Perry and McLeod are already in the top 6, who do you think moves up?

Henrique-McDavid-Kane
Holloway-Draisaitl-Foegele/Perry
McLeod-RNH-Hyman

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeh no shit. I listened to the TNT panel too. Ooo hard forecheck game, never heard that one before. Let’s see how hard it is when 50% of penalties taken ends up in the back of their net. And the other 50% invites them to drop the gloves leading them to cower behind the Refs.

Hah Bennet. He won’t drop em with Nurse, Kane, or Vinny. Any of these guys would fight TWO of the Cats at the same time. LOL. Sam Bennet, please.
Amazing you have the PP up to 50% now with no additional games played or goals scored.

Kane is hurt, Vinny is benched, and taking Nurse off the ice is in favor of the Oilers, lol. Why would our top 6 guys fight some slobs?

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

I'm not sure how much Vinny gets in given his propensity for bad turnovers under pressure, especially given Florida's more aggressive forecheck.

I also don't think he drops the gloves too much, but he certainly is a presence in post-whistle shenanigans; Vinny having two different opponents in a headlock at the same time is among the most hilarious stuff I've seen in a game, and he's done it multiple times.

He's a beauty but it looks like Broberg is stealing his spot.

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and Coffey

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Agree to disagree, hell Chris Kreider had a better clinching game a round ago versus Carolina.

McDavid deserves boatloads of credit, so there is no need to claim the extraordinary to boost him up, he is great without the hyperbole.
Did you take note of McDavid's defensive performance last night? Seems that you're underplaying and/or ignoring the impact he had on that game all over the ice.

Reactions: capazzo

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Amazing you have the PP up to 50% now with no additional games played or goals scored.

Kane is hurt, Vinny is benched, and taking Nurse off the ice is in favor of the Oilers, lol. Why would our top 6 guys fight some slobs?
Both Kane and Vinny are nursing something minor enough in my estimation to be ready to go in 6 days. Nurse is back to playing beastly defensive hockey. Trust me, you’ll get a taste of all 3 in this series.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Whatever, dude. You know it all from the TNT panel, Bravo.
We’ll see, as you say.
You can sit here and thump your chest all week if you’d like to in the meantime.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
best defence is a good offence, move the puck and out of your zone
Not saying it isn't, just saying that points by a D doesn't say that that D is better than another. There is more factors to a good D than how many points they score. Sure it helps and adds to it.

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad