SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Congrats Panthers on your first cup.

Panthers in 4 or 5. Might be the worst matchup in decades.
I want that to be true, but this will be a long close series IMO, unless the Oilers get banged up or Skinner turns back into a pumpkin.

Panthers in 7

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Florida also destroys your useless team every chance they get.

I'm cheering for them because they're damn good, period. If there's a team built for playoff hockey, it's the Panthers. This won't be a cakewalk for Edmonton. I don't expect a Sens fan to understand this. Your team will never amount to anything. At least you get to watch the better Tkachuk in the finals.

As far as a pathetic fan base, it takes a Sens fan to know one.
First of all I call bullshit. All your posts are petty and come with a motive. Youre insecure. Look at this one.

Secondly I've been on Florida all year. Making me money each round, took them to win the east in Feb. Took them to win the cup 2 years ago pre season when they won the presidents trophy, cashed out early and been riding them ever since. Made a ton of money on them dismantling the leafs with the pro rated inflated leafs line last year too.

You think it's a flex being a leaf fan and all their 'success' haha. Sens still have more series wins since Matthews has entered the league and went through a full scale rebuild with the worst owner and GM combo in hockey. Atleast I can identify my teams short comings. Both organizations have been a joke. But the leafs have every competitive advantage going. What's the excuse?...

That being said I'm capable of acknowledging a good team but also don't have such a fragile ego that I don't want to see another Canadian team win. I've seen you in the McDavid/Matthews threads. No one is buying what you're selling.

Florida is probably gonna win but I'd be happy to see Edmonton do it. They have amazing fans. It will be great to see the best player alive win the cup.

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Alright, you sound very defensive. Have a good series.
You asked I answered, not sure why that is considered defensive? LOL

If you feel good about Skinner why would we not feel good about Bob? He hasn't had to steal us any games yet, but you know he can.

Bob:

12-5, 2.20 GAA, .908 SV%

Skinner:

11-5, 2.49 GAA, .897 SV%

Both have been good enough thus far.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You asked I answered, not sure why that is considered defensive? LOL

If you feel good about Skinner why would we not feel good about Bob? He hasn't had to steal us any games yet, but you know he can.

I wasn't asking how you felt about him I was asking objectively, how has his play been. Last year he was the conn smythe favorite heading into the finals.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Whats with the 6 day break?

Keep the momentum going. Hockey can get lost in people's minds very quickly at this time of the year.

Reactions: BTO
Jan 13, 2023
And Boston went 4-0 against us, regular season means dick.

Holy f***, I’m not one to get cocky by any means, but you beat a Kings team with that joke Dubois and an AHLer in net. Got lucky with a Boeser illness in game 7 against a 3rd string goalie and had a defenseman suspended for one game that series, and faced a team in the Stars with two 40 year olds and a defense that had Petrovic on it.

No, I’m not going to be cocky, but some of these Oiler fans are out of control. Every elite player we’ve faced was had almost no affect on the game…it wasn’t cause they were floating.

We’ll see how it plays out on the ice, but some takes in here (this one isn’t bad, just pointing out the 4-0 against post) are obnoxious.
It's good that you're not one to get cocky by any means, because Florida played three teams to get here that would have been crushed by 6/8 teams in the West. Tampa and Boston were never considered to be potential contenders at any point in the season (wasn't Marchand out during the second series anyways?) and the Rangers are led by stars that go quiet every postseason like clockwork (spoiler alert: it's not you, it's them).

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I wasn't asking how you felt about him I was asking objectively, how has his play been. Last year he was the conn smythe favorite heading into the finals.
Also gave you the stats:

Bob:

12-5, 2.20 GAA, .908 SV%

Skinner:

11-5, 2.49 GAA, .897 SV%

Both have been good enough thus far.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Florida in 4.

Better forwards , defense and goalie

I'll take Florida in 6, but this is a series where I could see Edmonton getting to bobrovsky.

I still find him a bit overactive in net and they have a few guys that just dont need much at all to take advantage, and so if certain stars align, they could take it if they are opportune enough.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
We heard about the relentless grind of the Canucks and Stars too.
Vancouver did clearly grind you guys down, it was the only series the oilers looked done for until game six.

If Florida doesn't lose their starting goalie and commits to a punishing , relentless style I think they win but if they play a perimeter game and don't be aggressive on the pk I think the oilers will win.

Let me preface this by saying oilers have really impressed me since game six of our series but I think Vancouver had the blue print 5on5 and on the pk but let's be honest, Silovs was never going to shut them down but the rest of the team did, at least to an extent which is all you can ask for when facing that Godly pp.
Bob isn't Silovs and Florida has the guys that can play the style that gave the oilers fits.

However, #97 is a big game type of player and there's a very good chance he just goes off this series and cements his status as a top 3 forward. I hate the oilers but even I have to admit the guy is just a step up on every player in the league.
Bouchard should give 90% of his next contract to him.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Was rooting for the Stars due to a bet i made , but this is probably gonna be the more entertaining series, Florida got lot of Finns and McDavid is certainly a Cup worthy player so i’ll be happy with either outcome.

Tkachuk, Bennett and Cousins will go after Drai and McDavid hard, Evander Kane is bound to get mixed up in something, Perry if dressed is gonna be mixing things up as well, so you can expect there to be lot of emotions all around.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I want that to be true, but this will be a long close series IMO, unless the Oilers get banged up or Skinner turns back into a pumpkin.

Panthers in 7
Skinner could easily turn back into a pumpkin, but no way he plays like Igor, Ves, or Sway. Game one will be a blowout and a big wakeup call for the Oilers. Can they come back and adjust from that? I don’t think they can.

Only way it’s a series is if FLA play down to them, and i absolutely dont see that happening in the SCF.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I mean all those teams got there for a reason.

Demko is injury prone already, and while losing Boeser for one game sucked for them it's extremely counterfactual to imply it lost them the series.

We don't know the difference between these teams because they don't play each other very much. That's the bottom line.
True, we don’t, but at no point was Florida playing against a team without one of their best forwards, and they faced much better goalies.

Edmonton could mop the floor with us. “McDrai” is obviously a massive force, Bouchard has been amazing, and Skinner is playing well atm. All I’m saying is that Florida didn’t play a bunch of Washingtons to get here. And they held some elite guys nearly goalless.

Both teams have their hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad