SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It's not how I would go about it. But hey you do you. I'll stay off this so I don't get influenced by keyboard warriors and I'll just enjoy the amazing hockey.
That wasnt me who posted that, I do my best not to flame but sometimes I get caught up in it. But what that poster said was about as vanilla as it gets.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Florida is an elite team and could very well win the series, but it's not like they played world-beaters on the way here, let's be real.

It's a tough year to define what a world beater looks like and I think that was reflective of the standings where there was still a 4 way logjam for 1st overall late in the year.

It's an interesting matchup. Florida's relentlessly heavy game and aggressiveness, versus a daunting top end of talent that doesn't need much to burn you.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'm curious as to what the attendance split will be for the games in Florida lol.
If the NY Rangers who have a HEAVY local presence couldn't muster more than 3-4k people in games 3 and 4, then I doubt we see much of an Oilers presence considering how hard it is to get between the two cities.

You are looking at somewhere between 9 and 12 hours in travel time with no direct flights. It won't be an easy commute either way.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
So far predicted all of Florida's playoffs correctly. Hopefully 1 more to add to the collection.

Panthers in 6

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
They beat the Kings. Kings have two ex-Flames: Cam Talbot, David Rittich.

Then they beat the Canucks. Canucks have two ex-Flames: Lindholm and Zadorov.

Then they beat the Stars. Stars have one ex-Flame: Chris Tanev.

Florida has two ex-Flames: Tkachuk and Bennett. . .
Moral of the story you might ask.
Flames could had a pretty good team...

Jan 13, 2023
That all ya got? My point is that neither did Edmonton. At least you called us elite, but we beat the president’s trophy team, 3 of the best goalies of the playoffs, and held elite goalscorers nearly goalless.
You beat the 114 pts Rangers, not the 128 pts Lightning or 135 pts Bruins. As for the rest, congrats, but it doesn't actually disprove anything I said above, since those are all facts.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Someone pointed out the Panthers' and Oilers' playoff opponents had the same number of total points this year.

Not sure why it's important to label the Oilers' opponents "a bunch of Washingtons". It's overtly being done to discredit them.

As Oilers fans we're subject to endless hate tirades, so we're pretty used to that kind of rhetoric. Maybe because we stick up for our team you think we're being cocky, but maybe don't throw stones in glass houses with BS like that in that case. The Oilers earned their ticket to the SCF, same as Florida.

Anyway, enjoy the series. It'll be a long week for both of us to wait for it haha.
uhhhhh, didn’t say that at all. Seemed to me Edmonton fans were so I was appointing out Their own opponents. I said they the Panthers didn’t face cakewalk teams, YOU took that to mean Edmonton did.

You beat the 114 pts Rangers, not the 128 pts Lightning or 135 pts Bruins. As for the rest, congrats, but it doesn't actually disprove anything I said above, since those are all facts.
Lmao, no, they beat them last year?

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I can’t see Florida being able to handle McDavid but I also can’t see Edmonton’s defence handling Florida at all.

Head says Florida, really good team. Heart says mcdavid though.

Would love to see Hyman win it too. One of the nicest guys in the league vs one of the most unlikeable teams.

Reactions: BTO

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I can’t see Florida being able to handle McDavid but I also can’t see Edmonton’s defence handling Florida at all.

Head says Florida, really good team. Heart says mcdavid though.

Would love to see Hyman win it too. One of the nicest guys in the league vs one of the most unlikeable teams.

We might not handle McDavid but who can really? and tbh hes not going to win them the cup on his own any how in this series.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
2021: A Canadian team loses to an expansion sunbelt team
2007: A Canadian team loses to an expansion sunbelt team
2006: A Canadian team loses to a kinda-expansion sunbelt team
2004: A Canadian team loses to an expansion sunbelt team

Will the Oilers finally break the curse, or are we still going to talk about the 93 Habs?

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panthers will win the Cup.
But make no mistake. The Oilers better than the Rags. Rags have nothing like McDrais. Bouchard is better than Fox.
Hyman is better than Trochek. Nugentvis better than any forward onnthe Rags.
Nurse had his warts but he is far better than Trouba.
Skinner? Inconsistent and due for couple stinkers.
Panthers in 5

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It will be close because of EDM's PP. FLA is in trouble if the series is called tightly. Otherwise. FLA is very similar to VGK of a couple of years ago. Fast, mean, great without the puck. They should be able to beat EDM.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
The only way to make me root for Florida was to give them Edmonton as their opponent. Now I'm onboard with the Panthers all the way. In fact, the same was true in the Conference Finals, I rooted for the Panthers only because the Rangers were the other option. A Rangers - Oilers Final would've made me gag.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
In my opinion it all depends on Skinner, if the Oilers get good Skinner then Oilers will win the cup, Skinner is like a box of chocolate you never know what you gonna get.

Reactions: Kerberos

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
uhhhhh, didn’t say that at all. Seemed to me Edmonton fans were so I was appointing out Their own opponents. I said they the Panthers didn’t face cakewalk teams, YOU took that to mean Edmonton did.
You literally called their opponents "a bunch of Washingtons".

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not too sure fans in the other six Canadian markets want the Oilers to win. Would Flames fan hope the Oilers win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad