SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Skinner could easily turn back into a pumpkin, but no way he plays like Igor, Ves, or Sway. Game one will be a blowout and a big wakeup call for the Oilers. Can they come back and adjust from that? I don’t think they can.

Only way it’s a series is if FLA play down to them, and i absolutely dont see that happening in the SCF.
I would be more than happy with just a W, by hook or by crook, just win baby

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Skinner could easily turn back into a pumpkin, but no way he plays like Igor, Ves, or Sway. Game one will be a blowout and a big wakeup call for the Oilers. Can they come back and adjust from that? I don’t think they can.

Only way it’s a series is if FLA play down to them, and i absolutely dont see that happening in the SCF.

Florida was embarrassed in last year's final. I can't see them taking this one lightly.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's good that you're not one to get cocky by any means, because Florida played three teams to get here that would have been crushed by 6/8 teams in the West. Tampa and Boston were never considered to be potential contenders at any point in the season (wasn't Marchand out during the second series anyways?) and the Rangers are led by stars that go quiet every postseason like clockwork (spoiler alert: it's not you, it's them).
This a joke!?

Lmao.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

They took out Desharnais for Broberg and scaled Ceci's mins after the game 3 loss v Dallas, so yes the Oilers do adjust. And I don't see the Oilers stars going quietly in the night as another team stars did v Florida.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Alright, you sound very defensive. Have a good series.

Last years Bob in the Toronto and Carolina series was the #1 reason the team won the games, followed by Chucky for the Carolina series at least. Got peppered at times, but stood on his head and was like Igor/Swayman this year.

This year the teams overall defense has been better in not allowing as many shots/zone time for the opposing team. IMO Bob is a better goalie when he can face a decent amount of shots and stay in the zone. Not to say he's been bad this year and his stats don't exactly match his impact on the team.
A few games these playoffs he's let in a meh goal, but then in the 3rd he plays great and stops some very dangerous shots to seal the game.

He's still been very good this year but as a fan it's been a better team effort in their own zone play rather than saying good luck Bob.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It's good that you're not one to get cocky by any means, because Florida played three teams to get here that would have been crushed by 6/8 teams in the West. Tampa and Boston were never considered to be potential contenders at any point in the season (wasn't Marchand out during the second series anyways?) and the Rangers are led by stars that go quiet every postseason like clockwork (spoiler alert: it's not you, it's them).

I forget how weak Tampa was this season. I stole this from another poster:
Kings 10th GF% 4th Expected GF%
Canucks 2nd GF% 8th Expected GF%
Dallas 6th GF% 3rd Expected GF%

vs

Tampa 25th GF% 21st Expected GF%
Boston 4th GF% Expected 18th GF%
New York 16th GF% Expected 22nd GF%

I think the teams are really close though. Money Puck advanced stats throughout the season had them both on the top-5.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
They took out Desharnais for Broberg and scaled Ceci's mins after the game 3 loss v Dallas, so yes the Oilers do adjust. And I don't see the Oilers stars going quietly in the night as another team stars did v Florida.
Why do you think that happened?? Kucherov isn’t known as going quiet. Is he?? Stamkos?

Yeah, Marchand missed games, we all neutered his ass.

But keep thinking Florida waltzed in cause teams’ stars went queit.

whitefang

May 5, 2024
Iona, FL
Not to offend anyone from Edmonton but I wasn't sure of your exact geographic location. So, I looked it up and discovered you're just a little bit west of Saskatoon.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's good that you're not one to get cocky by any means, because Edmonton played two teams to get here that would have been crushed by 7/8 teams in the East. LAK and Vancouver were never considered to be potential contenders at any point in the season (wasn't Demko out during the second series anyways?) and the Stars were worn down by the VGK and Avs (spoiler alert: it's not you, it's them).
It's a fun template, not "legit goal" worthy, but a nice one.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Florida is an elite team and could very well win the series, but it's not like they played world-beaters on the way here, let's be real.
That all ya got? My point is that neither did Edmonton. At least you called us elite, but we beat the president’s trophy team, 3 of the best goalies of the playoffs, and held elite goalscorers nearly goalless.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Why do you think that happened?? Kucherov isn’t known as going quiet. Is he?? Stamkos?

Yeah, Marchand missed games, we all neutered his ass.

But keep thinking Florida waltzed in cause teams’ stars went queit.

No shit, Barkov neutered every star he's played against. Tampa Bay isn't good as they once were due to the cap killing them and just the natural progression of the salary cap era of the NHL killing Cup winning teams, the Bruins won't do anything until they get serious with a legit center instead of the remains of Pavel Zacha/Charlie Coyle and the Rangers have guys who ghost yearly. I think the Panthers win this series but you clearly took my comment too literally, the Oilers guys will get theirs. It's just how much the Panthers limit them as opposed to completely shutting them down because I highly doubt that occurs with how good Drai/McDavid are

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Not to offend anyone from Edmonton but I wasn't sure of your exact geographic location. So, I looked it up and discovered you're just a little bit west of Saskatoon.
That's ok, I had to google the city that Florida plays in as well. And it is in Florida.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No shit, Barkov neutered every star he's played against. Tampa Bay isn't good as they once were due to the cap killing them and just the natural progression of the salary cap era of the NHL killing Cup winning teams, the Bruins won't do anything until they get serious with a legit center instead of the remains of Pavel Zacha/Charlie Coyle and the Rangers have guys who ghost yearly. I think the Panthers win this series but you clearly took my comment too literally, the Oilers guys will get theirs. It's just how much the Panthers limit them as opposed to completely shutting them down because I highly doubt that occurs with how good Drai/McDavid are
Coulda said that to begin with, instead of whatever tf. I respect the hell out of Edmonton and their elite players. The coach has them playing well, but I’ve quickly had enough of some of the shitting on the Panthers that I’ve seen.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024

Yeah, blowout by that high-powered Florida offence where their leading scorer would be fifth on the Oilers in scoring.

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

If Drai And Connor are the only ones showing up, i will take it. They can produce and probably will, if we neutralize the rest i like our chances.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Last years Bob in the Toronto and Carolina series was the #1 reason the team won the games, followed by Chucky for the Carolina series at least. Got peppered at times, but stood on his head and was like Igor/Swayman this year.

This year the teams overall defense has been better in not allowing as many shots/zone time for the opposing team. IMO Bob is a better goalie when he can face a decent amount of shots and stay in the zone. Not to say he's been bad this year and his stats don't exactly match his impact on the team.
A few games these playoffs he's let in a meh goal, but then in the 3rd he plays great and stops some very dangerous shots to seal the game.

He's still been very good this year but as a fan it's been a better team effort in their own zone play rather than saying good luck Bob.
Thanks, kinda what I was looking for.

• Haha

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
True, we don’t, but at no point was Florida playing against a team without one of their best forwards, and they faced much better goalies.

Edmonton could mop the floor with us. “McDrai” is obviously a massive force, Bouchard has been amazing, and Skinner is playing well atm. All I’m saying is that Florida didn’t play a bunch of Washingtons to get here. And they held some elite guys nearly goalless.

Both teams have their hands full.
Someone pointed out the Panthers' and Oilers' playoff opponents had the same number of total points this year.

Not sure why it's important to label the Oilers' opponents "a bunch of Washingtons". It's overtly being done to discredit them.

As Oilers fans we're subject to endless hate tirades, so we're pretty used to that kind of rhetoric. Maybe because we stick up for our team you think we're being cocky, but maybe don't throw stones in glass houses with BS like that in that case. The Oilers earned their ticket to the SCF, same as Florida.

Anyway, enjoy the series. It'll be a long week for both of us to wait for it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad