SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
plus minus really does not say the full picture, he still held Zib and Panarin pretty much scoreless when it mattered.

Game 5 for example he was a -2.

One was from the boneheaded pass by Tkachuk that lead to the Kreider SH breakaway.
Nothing on that play was on Barkov.
The next goal against was a 6-5 goal in the last 50 seconds.

Similar to game 6 where he was a -1.
6-5 goal when up 2.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I mean the sample size is at least larger than two games. The Canucks went 4-0 against the Oilers and look how that worked out for them.

Having said that, it's a completely new series and Barkov is beasting so it feels pretty open.
And Boston went 4-0 against us, regular season means dick.

Holy f***, I’m not one to get cocky by any means, but you beat a Kings team with that joke Dubois and an AHLer in net. Got lucky with a Boeser illness in game 7 against a 3rd string goalie and had a defenseman suspended for one game that series, and faced a team in the Stars with two 40 year olds and a defense that had Petrovic on it.

No, I’m not going to be cocky, but some of these Oiler fans are out of control. Every elite player we’ve faced was had almost no affect on the game…it wasn’t cause they were floating.

We’ll see how it plays out on the ice, but some takes in here (this one isn’t bad, just pointing out the 4-0 against post) are obnoxious.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Holy f***, I’m not one to get cocky by any means, but you beat a Kings team with that joke Dubois and an AHLer in net. Got lucky with a Boeser illness in game 7 against a 3rd string goalie and had a defenseman suspended for one game that series, and faced a team in the Stars with two 40 year olds and a defense that had Petrovic on it.

No, I’m not going to be cocky, but some of these Oiler fans are out of control. Every elite player we’ve faced was had almost no affect on the game…it wasn’t cause they were floating.

We’ll see how it plays out on the ice, but some takes in here (this one isn’t bad, just pointing out the 4-0 against post) are obnoxious.

Who did Florida face? Tampa is really not that good, Boston is meh, NYR is the only really legit team. Dallas is a great team too, they just beat both VGK and Colorado to get to the WCF. What’s the point to discredit them and make them sound like they were crap when they clearly are not?

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Who did Florida face? Tampa is really not that good, Boston is meh, NYR is the only really legit team. Dallas is a great team too, they just beat both VGK and Colorado to get to the WCF. What’s the point to discredit them and make them sound like they were crap when they clearly are not?

Tampa would have beat you so would not go that far.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You can shove this bullshit right back up where it came from.
Then I go onto pump Florida's tires. But you didn't quote the entire post.

I will say this I was quite impressed with the in game experience and how much panthers support I saw in Lauderdale. But if you think its remotely close to the effect it would have positively on a Canadian city in just about anyway you're dreaming. People I'm Canada dream of this moment their entire lives. It's all people talk about, streets and even cities shut down. The economy would boom, it would have real life positive effects.

Sorry I should have worded it differently. But the passion isn't remotely close to the same level. There are some hard core panthers fans but it's not the same. You guys can move on to your NFL, NBA MLB or MLS team. You have experienced multiple major championships. Small market Canadian cities get none of that.

That being said, Florida should win they're a much more complete team and a very bad matchup for Edmonton.
Embarrassing post. Florida beat three great teams. Of all fans a leaf fan talking shit lol. Such an embarrassment. 0 self awareness.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Intuition says Panthers win, but can see it going either way. Interesting and fun series!!

I dont like that McDavid and Draisaitl often look like robots who dont care after scoring a goal. So therefore im giving the nod for the Panthers. They have more life.

And John Vanbiesbrouck was my favourite as a kid.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I've never cheered for Florida before, so this is a first. To think that state will have won its share of cups after this series.
Florida pounded your team 2 years ago and are a division rival, literally knocked out the leafs after they made the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years. But you're cheering for them because your fragile ego got into too many Matthews VS McDavid debates lol. (Which is absolutely hilarious to begin with) Leaf fans showing their true colours. Sad pathetic fanbase.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

I mean all those teams got there for a reason.

Demko is injury prone already, and while losing Boeser for one game sucked for them it's extremely counterfactual to imply it lost them the series.

We don't know the difference between these teams because they don't play each other very much. That's the bottom line.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Oilers own the special teams situation. 28 straight penalty kills is insane. Add onto that they have the best PP as well.

If Florida gets into any kind of penalty trouble they will just be handing this series to Edmonton. They could win this series on special teams alone.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Intuition says Panthers win, but can see it going either way. Interesting and fun series!!

I dont like that McDavid and Draisaitl often look like robots who dont care after scoring a goal. So therefore im giving the nod for the Panthers. They have more life.

Totally robots…

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Florida pounded your team 2 years ago and are a division rival, literally knocked out the leafs after they made the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years. But you're cheering for them because your fragile ego got into too many Matthews VS McDavid debates lol. (Which is absolutely hilarious to begin with) Leaf fans showing their true colours. Sad pathetic fanbase.

Florida also destroys your useless team every chance they get.

I'm cheering for them because they're damn good, period. If there's a team built for playoff hockey, it's the Panthers. This won't be a cakewalk for Edmonton. I don't expect a Sens fan to understand this. Your team will never amount to anything. At least you get to watch the better Tkachuk in the finals.

As far as a pathetic fan base, it takes a Sens fan to know one.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This will be the sixth straight year the Atlantic represents the East in the SCF. (Boston, Tampa x3, Florida x2).

I think we all know what the best division in hockey is.

That said, full props to the Oilers. They deserve to be where they are.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
All 41 million Canadians are starving for a McDavid cup win. It is our honor and an absolute privilege to unite the country behind our hockey team. From Vancouver to Prince Edward Island, let us chant… LETS GO OILERS!!!
Do you do marketing for Boston Pizza by any chance? ;)

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Then I go onto pump Florida's tires. But you didn't quote the entire post.

I will say this I was quite impressed with the in game experience and how much panthers support I saw in Lauderdale. But if you think its remotely close to the effect it would have positively on a Canadian city in just about anyway you're dreaming. People I'm Canada dream of this moment their entire lives. It's all people talk about, streets and even cities shut down. The economy would boom, it would have real life positive effects.

Sorry I should have worded it differently. But the passion isn't remotely close to the same level. There are some hard core panthers fans but it's not the same. You guys can move on to your NFL, NBA MLB or MLS team. You have experienced multiple major championships. Small market Canadian cities get none of that.

That being said, Florida should win they're a much more complete team and a very bad matchup for Edmonton.

Embarrassing post. Florida beat three great teams. Of all fans a leaf fan talking shit lol. Such an embarrassment. 0 self awareness.
Read their boards, we only beat Boston because of that whipping they put on the Bruins, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Then you will love Barkovs cellys, lol

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
No, I’m not going to be cocky, but some of these Oiler fans are out of control.
Oh, they're just getting started. There's a lot of good Oil fans. Unfortunately, they'll get drowned out.

If you think Leaf and Bruins are are bad, just wait, my friend. Just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad