SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Either Oilers win the cup or they lose against the eventual Stanley Cup winner three years in a row. Has that ever happened before? And especially it being three different teams?

I think Minnesota lose against winning Chicago 15 times in a row at least it felt like that

Reactions: Gnome17

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Think he has the same amount of Selkes as Bergeron had at this point. So on his way.

Yes I suppose he is. And this is nothing against Barkov. One hell of a fine player. Just not sure about a trophy awarded by the PHWA as the benchmark. Only so much runway in what is ultimately a short career if that's the way to go about it. And there is also Bob Gainey that a great many consider ahead of Bergeron too despite fewer Selke's (edit: I guess it is only fair to add the Selke was added in Gainey's 4th season......and he won the first 4).

I guess I will keep my yap shut and just enjoy what the hockey world has to enjoy and judge the body of work at its completion :)

Reactions: FLpanthers16

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
This is the best finals I could have hoped for as a fan. Either redemption for Barkov and the Panthers, or McDavid doesn't have to worry about a cup anymore for his legacy.

Dallas wouldn't have been bad either due to Heiskanen and the others, but I really hope Barkov wins one.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pretty solid finals. While Edmonton has won it, it's been a while, so basically a "new" team to win it.

Is that a record for Perry ? Making the finals with 5 different teams ?

Reactions: dukeofjive

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I want the cup to go to a place where people actually truly care. I want McDavid to hoist it but that being said. This is a really bad matchup for Edmonton. Don't think their D is going to be able to handle Florida's heavy forcheck. Barkov is a bad matchup for the Oilers stars.

Hope I'm wrong but Cats in 6. Florida also gets to shoot on a goalie that literally isn't in the conversation as best in the league and Edmonton finally has to.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
This is a tough one. Every generational player usually wins at least one championship, especially in hockey and basketball, unless your name is Tom Brady. But with Florida’s defense and relentless forechecking it will be a bit difficult for McDavid. I’d like to see him win a cup but picked Florida in 7. Good luck to best hockey player in the world.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
truth hurts??

asterisk in that regular season win streak and another for barely "beating" the much deeper Canucks team in the playoffs. :popcorn:

deep down you oil fans know you weren't getting past the Canucks if Demko was available, it would've ended in 6.

it took a Soucy suspension, Demko and Boeser injury to beat the Canucks by 1 goal in 7 games.

when both teams were heathy and faced off 4 times it was a 4-0 sweep. :sarcasm:

enjoy fluking all the way to the SCF though, I got the Panthers in a gentlemen sweep.
Are you still on about this?

Haven’t thought about that series in weeks, busy with other hockey and all.

But thanks for bringing it up, fond memories!

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Throwing my full support behind Edmonton, and putting the petty HF bickering aside. My nephew is an Oilers fan, and it'd be cool to see him experience something I haven't (and perhaps won't).

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad