SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Probably the most unpredictable SCF in recent memory. I’m giving the edge to Florida solely due to the fact that teams that lose their first SCF and make it again tend to eventually win.

Well that's one way to predict a series I guess. About as valid as flipping a coin.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how the health of both teams holds up in this series.

Oilers just came off a series where they weren't challenged physically really much at all.

Panthers are the most physical team in these playoffs, but will that take a toll on them in the Finals? I seem to remember then being really worn down against Vegas last year. Their style is tough to maintain but somehow they find a way to do it

I also don't trust either teams defense on an individual level (not team defense). Lot of guys in there that can be exposed. Stars didn't have the speed or physicality to do it to Edmonton. Panthers have a lot of spare part type players on their defense too. Outside of Ekblad all those guys were not good players not so long ago. Forsling I trust but the others, not so much. McDavid/Draisaitl out there will be a lot to handle for them, but the Panthers forwards do help out a lot. Bobrovsky and Skinner will have their hands full.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
It's FloRidas year to finally get their first. They are just suffocating everywhere on the ice. Ozone.. DZone.. NZone .. it doesn't matter Florida wins.

FLA in 6

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Panthers having home ice is trouble..would have rather start on the road

We need to steal one at home, maybe get a split the first two games, then take care of business on the road.

If it gets to 7, we are toast.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
I'm referring to the posts which are clearly writing off the Oilers.
The Oilers are pretty screwed unless the Panthers have a meltdown. I'm surprised by the poll but then I reminded myself there's a lot of oiler fans and several rooting for them.

I would guess Panthers open at -200 probably start series at -300.

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
I can't even pretend I know what will happen in this series. Two very different teams that want to play quite different from one another. The Oilers are extremely fast though the neutral zone/in transition. I'm curious to see if Florida is able to slow them down without taking too many penalties. Florida forecheck is going to put a ton of pressure on a D core that has shown a tendency to crack under heavy pressure. Going to take a full team effort from either side. I'm an Oilers fan and I'm going to try to get tickets to game 6 so naturally I voted Oilers in 6 but, no real clue where this one ends up. Two very good and very different teams.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The Oilers are pretty screwed unless the Panthers have a meltdown. I'm surprised by the poll but then I reminded myself there's a lot of oiler fans and several rooting for them.

I would guess Panthers open at -200 probably start series at -300.

Implied odds from the analytics guys models - nearly all of them actually - have the oilers with like 55% chance to win.

That being said the oilers are xGF% darlings for sure this year even when they were 2-9-1, so take that how you will.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The Panthers scare me because they're absolutely relentless with the style they play. I don't know how they don't run out of gas. They've been the biggest cup contender in the league so far this year, and its fitting that if the Oilers want to be the best, they have to go through the best.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Panthers are underestimated, they are made for the playoffs. They belong to the finals, Oilers have some gaping holes and if PP won't work, then it might be over soon. Pressure will only rise and mistakes will happen.

I'm rooting for the Oilers because I want McDavid to win the Cup, but Panthers seem better built.

Reactions: Devonator

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Oilers in 6. I had Stars winning the SC before the season started. Since Oilers beat Stars, they will find a way to beat Panthers too.

Reactions: Kerberos

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gonna play it safe and say Panthers in seven. Would prefer to see Panthers in four though.

I think it has the potential to be a long series if both teams play lockdown hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Florida is in for peak McDavid. Nobody is stopping him, and he might be the best player of all time. Lets embrace this moment folks, not fight it.

If someone ever does its peak Barkov who just won his 2nd selke and might become best defensive forward of all time

• Love
Reactions: Cats2TheCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad