SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Florida had to lose last year in the Finals to be in the position they are in now.

Oilers will learn from this years Cup run

Last two teams to win a SC after losing in the finals the year before:

08/09: Pittsburgh
83/84: Edmonton

If Florida wins one more game in the next four you can add them to the list.

The likelihood Edmonton returns to the finals next year is low and things don't get any easier with Brown's carryover cap hit on the books. Not to mention Draisaitl and McDavid won't be any cheaper to keep around when they both likely re-sign.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Barkov is more complete, but Bure was more impactful. Defense isn't everything, for every amount of defense Barkov has on Bure, there is at least an equal amount of offense and scoring ability in Bure that offsets the disparity.

There’s absolutely no way you can say that

Reactions: Daishi and snag

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Let’s be real, a handful of teams, at most, would survive if they had the shitty history the Panthers had. These people that want to talk shit about the past attendance, don’t know shit about anything. They just use the same corny ass joke, as if they think it hurts us or something.
The uneducated will be forever uneducated, they don’t care to actually be taught. See the Edmonton fan laughing at my post. Can’t say that I’m surprised, though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boys, I love Bure, but Barkov is an absolute animal this year and that is absolutely no knock against him

Barkov leads the team for points and on top of it is the best defensive player in the league and beast mode in these playoffs

Sorry but Bure wouldn’t top that

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
I would have said:

"We have to play better, every player from the top down. Every player, every shift, every board battle we have to fight like its our last.

Also, we gotta do a better job of getting our balls on the crest. Corey Perry does a great job of it. Super saggy balls, he barely has to squat down to get contact. Nice to have a vet leading the way for the younger guys. Some of them have been a bit too shy. Hell, McDavid still showers in a bathing suit so we got some work to do until Saturday night."
*a la Buffalo Bill*

"It puts the balls upon the crest
or else our team is 2nd best"

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
It was worth the trade off of seeing the Oilers beat the Stars only to lose in the final.

The deeper you go, the more it hurts when you lose. There will be lots of tears to be shed on the Oilers and hopefully it's tomorrow night on Edmonton soil, so all the fans have to bear witnessing it.

I'd expect a lot of trash to be tossed onto the ice from the fans.
It still sucks to think about 2013 and 2019 for me. I would really have wanted Rask to get one. 2013 stings less because it was prime Chicago.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Bure is objectively less impactful if Barkov ends the weekend with a Cup and a Smythe lol
Yeah. It's not like the depth and talent level of this Panthers team has any effect on Barkov winning the Cup and possibly the Smythe.

Barkov leads the team for points and on top of it is the best defensive player in the league and beast mode in these playoffs

Sorry but Bure wouldn’t top that
That's ridiculous. Bure's 94 run was significantly more impressive than Barkov's current run.

Reactions: snag

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Yeah. It's not like the depth and talent level of this Panthers team has any effect on Barkov winning the Cup and possibly the Smythe.

That's ridiculous. Bure's 94 run was significantly more impressive than Barkov's current run.
Ah yes, Bure’s famous 94 run with the Florida Panthers

Maybe try reading what you’re replying to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad