SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Bobrovsky being really good has definitely made sure it's 3-0. That still doesn't excuse RNH and Hyman for being invisible for much of the series, nor Draisaitl for not contributing. McDavid has been good but not elite.
Your not wrong. Draisaitl has looked the worst. Like bad
I think Nuge has hit 3 posts

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
No way has Barkov passed Bure as a better player as of now.
You value only oppotunic offense it seems? Bure cheated on defense all his career. He was good getting points and fast as lightning, but nowhere near a complete player. A one-sided opportunic wing, albeit a very fast and good one. Barkov is miles better as a player that actually work both ways.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I don't really have an opinion in either way on the flinging, but I spent all summer (mostly against one Toronto poster in particular) trying to explain that it's not all Bob. He is a massive reason, absolutely. I'm not sure Knight or Stolarz stop some of those that Bob has. Absolutely give him props.

BUT, there's a reason their top 5 guys have been shutout (so far) and the star players of the other teams we've played haven't shown up. Go listen to Maurice's presser last night when he talks about Barkov. Everyone's bought in to the checking game, to getting back, to giving support, and not cheating. Barkov sets the tone.

Tkachuk wasn't putting up as many points earlier this year as he did last year (I think he still has lingering issues), but he said that he "wasn't going to cheat for offense." He just had to keep playing their game.

Bob is a massive part, but people need to realize that the above AND Bob are what's gotten us to within one win.
Florida is a good team and coached very well. Maurice is 7-0 vs edmonton in the playoffs now.

We know the oilers are top heavy. Unfortunately I think the top guys are dealing with some big injuries. I get injuries are part of the game. But Florida seems to be healthy which benefits them in the finals as well

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Year 9 of Mcdavid and he has still never had a real legit goalie. .840 for Skinner in the Finals is pathetic.

You wont be able to convince me otherwise but if the Canucks had a healthy Demko, these Oilers wouldnt have even made it to the cup finals.

Everything fell into place for the Oilers and they didnt take advantage.

Ken Holland is disgraceful. The lack of moves in an all in year with 2 franchise players getting ready to walk out into UFA .

Reactions: stampedingviking

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
7. Panthers fans live in a swamp.

8. Cats are too healthy

Year 9 of Mcdavid and he has still never had a real legit goalie. .840 for Skinner in the Finals is pathetic.

You wont be able to convince me otherwise but if the Canucks had a healthy Demko, these Oilers wouldnt have even made it to the cup finals.

Everything fell into place for the Oilers and they didnt take advantage.

Ken Holland is disgraceful. The lack of moves in an all in year with 2 franchise players getting ready to walk out into UFA .

No, Mike Smith and Talbot were both elite for a year each.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
No, he's saying that Edmonton had it easy and that's why the SCF is 3-0 right now.

I'm not sure I agree. Dallas is a great team and Vancouver, even with a fourth string goalie, was a very good team as well.

Honestly, watching EDM-VAN left me feeling like it was a tight battle between two bad teams. Or maybe more accurately, two inconsistent teams. Van was capable of some impressive bursts and Edmonton in their best games/periods looked really scary, but I was not impressed with either team on the whole. The 2nd round series in the East were great playoff hockey in comparison IMO.

Credit to Oilers for stepping it up for the WCF though, but Dallas losing Hintz for several games and their lack of D-depth especially after Tanev got hurt were big factors. Similarly I think this Edmonton team would be more credible with a healthy Kane and Nurse(?), in that sense they remind me of last years Panthers a bit - not enough left in the tank for the finals, players banged up and as a team simply outclassed.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
You value only oppotunic offense it seems? Bure cheated on defense all his career. He was good getting points and fast as lightning, but nowhere near a complete player. A one-sided opportunic wing, albeit a very fast and good one. Barkov is miles better as a player that actually work both ways.
Barkov is more complete, but Bure was more impactful. Defense isn't everything, for every amount of defense Barkov has on Bure, there is at least an equal amount of offense and scoring ability in Bure that offsets the disparity.

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor and Daishi

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Kane is a joke but the blame goes to the coaches for not sitting him.

Drai at the WC years ago looked like a junior B player. He's good with the one-timer but everything else is Junior B. No battle in that boy, his board work is shit.

Reactions: Daishi

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
If Florida wins, the NHL may be forced by its Canadian TV partners to adopt this alignment, especially if the league wants to stay on Canadian national TV in the next contract:

Central:
Chicago
Columbus
Detroit
Minnesota
St. Louis

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

East:
Boston
Buffalo
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

5 games against 6 division rivals and 4 against the remaining division rival (5*6 = 30 + 4 = 34), 2 games against everyone else (2*24 = 48)

North:
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

South:
Carolina
Dallas
Florida
Nashville
Tampa Bay

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

West:
Anaheim
Arizona
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Jose
Seattle
Vegas

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

The playoffs would see the top 4 teams in each division qualify for a Shaugnessy playoff. After the American teams conduct the first two rounds of their playoffs, the playoff winners of the Central, East, South, and West divisions are seeded 1-4 based on regular season record. Once the American semifinals are determined, the North Division begins their playoffs. The winners of the American semifinals and the North Division playoffs meet for the Stanley Cup.

Remember back when the NHL had no American teams, a Canadian team was always guaranteed to represent them in the Cup Finals.
tf is a shaugnessy playoff

Knoblauch: "Its not like we're getting outplayed or that their team is better"

This guy is a comedian.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Take your losses like a champ. FLORIDA IS BETTER and everyone knows it.
trying to pump up his guys and the edmonton crowd, i have no problem with it. what would you have said?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
6. Edmonton is beating themselves.
Well if the Messier and PK and all other media are to be believed, Flordia is not winning. Edmonton is simply losing.

The lack of credit and respect in the media regarding Florida's dominant performance here is shameful and cringy. So much f***ing egg on the faces of these guys if Oilers get swept. I imagine they will be holding some ancient hockey god ritual akin to Bohemian Grove before Game 4 to get the hockey gods on Edmonton's side. I also venture the guess there will be about 20 powerplays given to the Oilers.

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Well if the Messier and PK and all other media are to be believed, Flordia is not winning. Edmonton is simply losing.

The lack of credit and respect in the media regarding Florida's dominant performance here is shameful and cringy. So much f***ing egg on the faces of these guys if Oilers get swept. I imagine they will be holding some ancient hockey god ritual akin to Bohemian Grove before Game 4 to get the hockey gods on Edmonton's side. I also venture the guess there will be about 20 powerplays given to the Oilers.

It's almost like all media employees (except Bieksa) are paid to gaslight everyone into believing that McDavid is the greatest.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

trying to pump up his guys and the edmonton crowd, i have no problem with it. what would you have said?
I probably would have said we’ve shown we can play with them instead of we’ve proven we can beat them. Because clearly they haven’t.
It’s mostly semantics though. Part of his job is motivating his players and keeping them positive. He’s doing what every coach would do.

Reactions: Ratsreign

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
My shit team played 2 playoff games at home and the season is considered a success. Oilers execs must be smiling and lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

But, Florida HaS nO FaNs!!!

Winning cures all things. Decade plus of incompetent ownership will severely harm it.

Let’s be real, a handful of teams, at most, would survive if they had the shitty history the Panthers had. These people that want to talk shit about the past attendance, don’t know shit about anything. They just use the same corny ass joke, as if they think it hurts us or something.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

I would have said:

"We have to play better, every player from the top down. Every player, every shift, every board battle we have to fight like its our last.

Also, we gotta do a better job of getting our balls on the crest. Corey Perry does a great job of it. Super saggy balls, he barely has to squat down to get contact. Nice to have a vet leading the way for the younger guys. Some of them have been a bit too shy. Hell, McDavid still showers in a bathing suit so we got some work to do until Saturday night."

Reactions: ziploc

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I would have said:

"We have to play better, every player from the top down. Every player, every shift, every board battle we have to fight like its our last.

Also, we gotta do a better job of getting our balls on the crest. Corey Perry does a great job of it. Super saggy balls, he barely has to squat down to get contact. Nice to have a vet leading the way for the younger guys. Some of them have been a bit too shy. Hell, McDavid still showers in a bathing suit so we got some work to do until Saturday night."
Perry showed his form when he sat on Bob.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's almost like all media employees (except Bieksa) are paid to gaslight everyone into believing that McDavid is the greatest.
I mean, I get it - you want to promote the best player in the game but it's cringy at this point.
Florida had to lose last year in the Finals to be in the position they are in now.

Oilers will learn from this years Cup run
Learn what though? That you can't be a one-man team with a shitty goalie and win a cup? I think they already kinda sorta know that.

Reactions: ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad