SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It's crazy how easily they handled Dallas and now look completely over matched. Didn't think the Panthers were this much better than the stars. WTH happened to Dallas?
Hintz was out and then playing at probably under 80% full health, Pavelski, Duchene, & Marchment were horrible, Suter went back to being bad Suter, Robertson wasn't consistently dominant, Oettinger gave up some bad goals. I also thought McDavid & Draisaitl gave Harley a lot of problems, Stars PP was horrific.

Series probably goes a bit differently if Robertson doesn't hit the post on the OT 4 minute PP in Game 1 and scores there to put the Stars up 1-0.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just gonna throw it out there

Last night's 3rd period was all score effect. Definitively saying Edmonton was the better team on the 3rd, sure, but it's circumstantial as well 🤓

Yes, after it became 4-3 the Panthers were absolutely on the ropes, but thats also carried by momentum

Score effect ---> Momentum ---> skewed results.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Just gonna throw it out there

Last night's 3rd period was all score effect. Definitively saying Edmonton was the better team on the 3rd, sure, but it's circumstantial as well 🤓

Yes, after it became 4-3 the Panthers were absolutely on the ropes, but thats also carried by momentum

Score effect ---> Momentum ---> skewed results.
it's funny how people cope with their losses sometimes. The oilers were outplayed up until the Panthers had a 3 goal lead, then the cats sat back on defense and said come score 3 goals on us in the 3rd period if you can. Somehow people see that as the Oilers having the better game even though they have lost 3 in a row.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Bob is a HUGE reason, he’s not THE reason. Forecheck, back check, forecheck, back check, pass, shoot, score.

Edit: it’s an all team effort.
Bob is the biggest reason. I'm not talking anything away from Florida. They're a deeper team no doubt and seem to be a lot healthier team as well.

But the shit being flung towards Edmonton in this thread os just embarrassing now

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
He is already on a discount, I don't see him taking a dollar less than new deals for Petterson, or Nylander, and bad blood aside, why should he? Easily could ask for AM, or McDavids current contract, many teams would pay that IMO.

He would be smart to leave money on the table for team construction, but he already did that and they haven't put the pieces around him, and the Cap is only going up.
There’s no world where he doesn’t make top money, and Edmonton will make sure it gets done. Maybe he shaves a half a mil off but he’s going to be paid like the superstar he is. It’ll be up to the oil to figure out how to make it all work but there’s no way he takes a big discount. IMO.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Bob is the biggest reason. I'm not talking anything away from Florida. They're a deeper team no doubt and seem to be a lot healthier team as well.

But the shit being flung towards Edmonton in this thread os just embarrassing now
Bobrovsky being really good has definitely made sure it's 3-0. That still doesn't excuse RNH and Hyman for being invisible for much of the series, nor Draisaitl for not contributing. McDavid has been good but not elite.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

It's only fair. The shit being flung FROM Edmonton in this thread was embarrassing then.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Bobrovsky being really good has definitely made sure it's 3-0. That still doesn't excuse RNH and Hyman for being invisible for much of the series, nor Draisaitl for not contributing. McDavid has been good but not elite.
Draisaitl just shoots muffins. He’s got to be injured.

It's only fair. The shit being flung FROM Edmonton in this thread was embarrassing then.
Zero self awareness from the Oiler crowd.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I mean they have been welfare queens most of their existence. NHL Revenue sharing saves the day again.
Most years only something like 10-12 teams contribute to revenue sharing and the rest of the league receives those funds.

If that's the road you want to go down then the majority of teams in the league are takers/welfare queens.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

I don't really have an opinion in either way on the flinging, but I spent all summer (mostly against one Toronto poster in particular) trying to explain that it's not all Bob. He is a massive reason, absolutely. I'm not sure Knight or Stolarz stop some of those that Bob has. Absolutely give him props.

BUT, there's a reason their top 5 guys have been shutout (so far) and the star players of the other teams we've played haven't shown up. Go listen to Maurice's presser last night when he talks about Barkov. Everyone's bought in to the checking game, to getting back, to giving support, and not cheating. Barkov sets the tone.

Tkachuk wasn't putting up as many points earlier this year as he did last year (I think he still has lingering issues), but he said that he "wasn't going to cheat for offense." He just had to keep playing their game.

Bob is a massive part, but people need to realize that the above AND Bob are what's gotten us to within one win.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Florida doesn't spend enough time in the O-Zone to make up for the number of goals Bob has stolen from EDM.
Florida can play chip-and-change and never enter their O-Zone for the very reason that Edmonton isn't doing any more that peppering Bobrovsky with low-risk shots in the hope that if they shoot enough then some miracle shot will somehow grease through. Some of the Oilers fans think they are "dominating" while the reality is that the Oilers are just so many gnats being easily pushed away by the Panthers.

The Panthers' biggest risk is that they get so bored swatting away the gnats that they start to get careless as happened in the third period last night. But competitive? No. This has been by far the least competitive SCF in recent memory.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
If anything, Florida winning the Cup is the most Canadian thing Lord Stanley can do.

Think about it, it immigrated to Canada from a foreign land (England), raised here, found itself here, created an identity here. Then effs off to the US for 30 years, never looking back and currently resides in Florida.

WHATS. MORE. CANADIAN. THAN. THAT!

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Are there seriously Edmonton fans complaining about the refs? This is one of the more lopsided ref jobs we've seen in the finals in quite some time. The number of times we've actively watch the refs hand out soft calls to get the Oilers a PP to get them back in the game is embarrassing.

Complain about Nurse? Sure. Complain about Skinner? Sure. Complain about McDrai no-showing? Fair. Complain about the lack of fans flashing themselves in the crowd? Good on ya. But complaining that the referees are in any way not in your pocket? f*** the f*** off. That is "I live in a different reality" level stuff right there.

Yeah, it pretty much goes:

1. Refs
  2. Bettman
  3. Skinner
  4. Refs
  5. Colin Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad