SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Are there seriously Edmonton fans complaining about the refs? This is one of the more lopsided ref jobs we've seen in the finals in quite some time. The number of times we've actively watch the refs hand out soft calls to get the Oilers a PP to get them back in the game is embarrassing.

Complain about Nurse? Sure. Complain about Skinner? Sure. Complain about McDrai no-showing? Fair. Complain about the lack of fans flashing themselves in the crowd? Good on ya. But complaining that the referees are in any way not in your pocket? f*** the f*** off. That is "I live in a different reality" level stuff right there.

Of course there are.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Well sure. The Panthers are paying Bob 10 million AAV to be a vezina caliber goalie.

Oilers are paying Skinner 2.6 million. Panthers allocated more resources to bob than the Oilers did to all 3 of their goalies. The Panthers SHOULD be getting more from Bob than the Oilers are from Skinner.

Just like the Oilers should be getting more out of Nurse, but that cap space was allocated poorly.

Yes. This is why the Panthers signed Bob to a huge contract. Dale Tallon made some mistakes, but the two guys he gambled on (Bob and Barkov) are currently in the running to receive a Conn Smythe trophy.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Not a chance.

A player who played for the franchise for 4yrs is suddenly #1 Franchise player, over a homegrown talent who holds all the records on the team, is their captain and earned 2 selkes, with more to come and is now leading the team to Lord Stanley? You ppl are delusional. Bure and Lluongo are more affiliated to the Canucks than Panthers.
I am not saying Bure is better. Read what I replied to. It's a hypothetical, as if to say who Barkov "may" be compared to as best Panther.

I think Barkov is the best Cat ever. Nothing to do with delusion. I was simply saying if there was someone else, my first guess would be Pavel.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What are your plans for Saturday? Have you stocked up?

Honestly, not expecting much tomorrow. Last night wasn’t so bad. Some of you guys were pretty good. Yeah I get emotions are high but some folks take it too far.

If nothing controversial happens like the hit on Barkov, it’s rather smooth sailing. But we shall see what tomorrow brings. I honestly think Edmonton is done. But we will see.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If Florida wins, the NHL may be forced by its Canadian TV partners to adopt this alignment, especially if the league wants to stay on Canadian national TV in the next contract:

Central:
Chicago
Columbus
Detroit
Minnesota
St. Louis

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

East:
Boston
Buffalo
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

5 games against 6 division rivals and 4 against the remaining division rival (5*6 = 30 + 4 = 34), 2 games against everyone else (2*24 = 48)

North:
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

South:
Carolina
Dallas
Florida
Nashville
Tampa Bay

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

West:
Anaheim
Arizona
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Jose
Seattle
Vegas

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

The playoffs would see the top 4 teams in each division qualify for a Shaugnessy playoff. After the American teams conduct the first two rounds of their playoffs, the playoff winners of the Central, East, South, and West divisions are seeded 1-4 based on regular season record. Once the American semifinals are determined, the North Division begins their playoffs. The winners of the American semifinals and the North Division playoffs meet for the Stanley Cup.

Remember back when the NHL had no American teams, a Canadian team was always guaranteed to represent them in the Cup Finals.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Your team needs a system provided by their coach with every player buying in and knowing their role.

Look at the cup champs from the last 5 years.
Maurice has one.
Bruce Cassidy has one.
Jared Bednar has one.
Jon Cooper has one.

The Oilers are just PP merchants. They dive and try to sell calls waiting to cash in on the PP. There is no buy in for Edmonton.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I'm not sure about Bobrovsky winning the Conn Smythe. He is a .916, while those are solid numbers, they don't scream playoff MVP. Several guys on the team have a case, I don't have a big issue with Bob getting it, but typically goalies who win Conn Smythe are putting up .925-.935.
Put another goalie in the Florida net and they wouldn't have gotten past the Rangers to get to the cup final. Bobrovsky is the difference for the Panthers, there's no doubt he should win the Conn Smythe.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I am not saying Bure is better. Read what I replied to. It's a hypothetical, as if to say who Barkov "may" be compared to as best Panther.

I think Barkov is the best Cat ever. Nothing to do with delusion. I was simply saying if there was someone else, my first guess would be Pavel.
No way has Barkov passed Bure as a better player as of now. Will likely pass him eventually though. But I guess Barkov could be viewed as a "greater Panther" for his longer tenure with the franchise.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
If Florida wins, the NHL may be forced by its Canadian TV partners to adopt this alignment, especially if the league wants to stay on Canadian national TV in the next contract:

Central:
Chicago
Columbus
Detroit
Minnesota
St. Louis

East:
Boston
Buffalo
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

5 games against 6 division rivals and 4 against the remaining division rival (5*6 = 30 + 4 = 34), 2 games against everyone else (2*24 = 48)

North:
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

South:
Carolina
Dallas
Florida
Nashville
Tampa Bay

West:
Anaheim
Arizona
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Jose
Seattle
Vegas

The playoffs would see the top 4 teams in each division qualify for a Shaugnessy playoff. After the American teams conduct the first two rounds of their playoffs, the playoff winners of the Central, East, South, and West divisions are seeded 1-4 based on regular season record. Once the American semifinals are determined, the North Division begins their playoffs. The winners of the American semifinals and the North Division playoffs meet for the Stanley Cup.

Remember back when the NHL had no American teams, a Canadian team was always guaranteed to represent them in the Cup Finals.
Maybe if the Canadian teams that get to the finals actually play better and win, there won't be such asinine fever dreams of threats of "boycott" (yep, that's exactly what you insinuated, buddy).

Reactions: Hockeyville USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad