SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
These would have been the matchups in 1v8. Almost identical, except for flip flopping two series in the West.

NYR-WAS
CAR-NYI
FLA-TB
BOS-TOR

DAL-VEG
WPG-LA
VAN-NAS
COL-EDM

Scrap the divisional playoff format and wildcards. Top 8 teams make the playoffs and you're re-ranked in later rounds based on conference finish. Simple.

I get the whole "create rivalries" thing, but most rivalries come naturally and have existed forever.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
You really mean he already isnt? Who was better? 2 Selke`s, Best goalscorer, most assists etc. Who are there left to surpass?

In my mind, Luongo is still the #1 player for this franchise all time. He's the only guy in the Hall of Fame who's had more than a cup of coffee with the team, and he's got the only (player) jersey in the rafters. The team really let him down by putting crap around him for years.

Great ambassador for the game, great goalie coach now, and all around wonderful guy, too.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
In my mind, Luongo is still the #1 player for this franchise all time. He's the only guy in the Hall of Fame who's had more than a cup of coffee with the team, and he's got the only (player) jersey in the rafters. The team really let him down by putting crap around him for years.

Great ambassador for the game, great goalie coach now, and all around wonderful guy, too.

I'd put Bure in there, too, if we're talking players who wore a Panthers jersey. But I don't think many see him as a Panther.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Regardless, Edmonton would be leading the series if the goalies were switched.
Yes. If Edmonton had better players the series might be closer.
If they had better goaltending, D and depth players it might be competitive.
And if McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, RNH and Bouchard could score the series might be different too.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'd put Bure in there, too, if we're talking players who wore a Panthers jersey. But I don't think many see him as a Panther.

Bure spent only two years in Florida, and the team around him was bad. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy -- one of my favorite players of all time -- but we understand we just had him as a rental.

Leon Crysaitl

That's not offside! That's not icing!
Apr 11, 2024
Edmonton is beating themselves - thats the frustrating part about this finals.

FLA isn't outplaying anyone - in fact they are dominated for long stretches spending them wholly in the defensive zone. Correct me if I'm wrong - but FLA has spent the majority of each game in the D-Zone I believe.

They have simply been more opportunistic when Bouchard/Nurse or Skinner f*** up. Its always one of those 3. If Edmonton can somehow get those 3 to play 4 games of lights out hockey - its a reverse sweep.
This guy is going through it right now

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
How's the weather down in Florida, just in case this thing goes to 5? We wouldn't want the plane to be grounded, would we?

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

It is usually impossible for an active player to have his shirt in the rafters and beeing in the hall of fame.

Are you suggesting that Barkov isnt a wonderful guy? How on earth could Barkov be a coach or an "ambassador for the game" while active?

Drafted by Panthers, Captain of the Panthers, 2 Selke`s, Best scorer, most assists and played only for the team. Brought the team to the SCF 2 times a row as their captain and makes every new former mediocre player he plays with a star. Verhaeghe, Duclair, Dadonov, Reino etc.

Barkov >> Lluongo in my book as the #1 all-time Panther

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Knoblauch is delusional. His postgame wuote was “ I think we’ve shown we can beat this team” …… What ?!?!? When ?!?!? Lol
It reminds me of Jim Hiller during the 1st round against the Oilers. He said something almost identical. At least he did end up winning a game (in OT, so barely), but it was still delusional (and it didn't help that he also repeatedly said how excited he was for the series, when no Kings fans were). I suspect that it's the rookieness showing through, as someone above just said.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Every year Canadian hockey fans complain that one of their teams hasn't won the cup in decades. But when a Canadian team gets to the SCF they always play like crap. I expected much more from Edmonton.
Yep. If the Pilers don't come back, I think this will be seven straight since '94, if my math is right.

EDIT: That was a legit typo. I'm leaving it.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.

Game 1 Bob stole with the superb play in front of him defensively.

Game 2 and 3 give me the Panthers forwards and Defensemen. Swap goalies they still win.

Goalies are Also part of the team and the Panthers are paying him 10 million.

Oilers have 7.4 million gap in goaltending. Deal with it

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
To change it up a bit. It's nice to see Paul Maurice finally getting his time. That dude was trashed in WPG, both professionally and personally. He was never given credit even though he's a great hockey coach.

I don't care how good of a team FLA have because without a good coach and a solid system they would look lost and disorganized out there. They are humming along wth all cylinders firing and the coach is a big reason as to why. He will soon be a Stanley Cup winning coach and it's well deserved.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Boston had Jeremy Swayman playing at a Conn Smythe level for that entire series. Outside of game 1 and game 6 (which was pretty even), the Panthers were by far the better team in that series.
that well may be, but the point of boston being a far tougher opponent than edmonton is very well taken!

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Regardless, Edmonton would be leading the series if the goalies were switched.
Well sure. The Panthers are paying Bob 10 million AAV to be a vezina caliber goalie.

Oilers are paying Skinner 2.6 million. Panthers allocated more resources to bob than the Oilers did to all 3 of their goalies. The Panthers SHOULD be getting more from Bob than the Oilers are from Skinner.

Just like the Oilers should be getting more out of Nurse, but that cap space was allocated poorly.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe Bure?
Not a chance.

A player who played for the franchise for 4yrs is suddenly #1 Franchise player, over a homegrown talent who holds all the records on the team, is their captain and earned 2 selkes, with more to come and is now leading the team to Lord Stanley? You ppl are delusional. Bure and Lluongo are more affiliated to the Canucks than Panthers.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Well sure. The Panthers are paying Bob 10 million AAV to be a vezina caliber goalie.

Oilers are paying Skinner 2.6 million. Panthers allocated more resources to bob than the Oilers did to all 3 of their goalies. The Panthers SHOULD be getting more from Bob than the Oilers are from Skinner.

Just like the Oilers should be getting more out of Nurse, but that cap space was allocated poorly.

Edmonton is paying Campbell $5M to sit at home, after proudly signing him last summer. Him and Nurse have been a total waste.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Bob is goaling like top shape Carey Price, wow what a perfomance from him!!! he is almost impossible to beat, lateral movements are lightning speed it's not McDavid or Draisaitl fault , Bob play his best hockey of his life not a single team can beat this kind of perfomance in the NHL

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Florida will sweep this series. Edmonton fans crying about the refering calls are insane. The glaring issue that Edmonton fans don't want to address is the fact that McDavid and Drisatle have done absolutely nothing in this series. Florida has alot to do with this fact.
Are there seriously Edmonton fans complaining about the refs? This is one of the more lopsided ref jobs we've seen in the finals in quite some time. The number of times we've actively watch the refs hand out soft calls to get the Oilers a PP to get them back in the game is embarrassing.

Complain about Nurse? Sure. Complain about Skinner? Sure. Complain about McDrai no-showing? Fair. Complain about the lack of fans flashing themselves in the crowd? Good on ya. But complaining that the referees are in any way not in your pocket? f*** the f*** off. That is "I live in a different reality" level stuff right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad