Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
But he was a Canuck then, they are talking about best as a Panther. Bure was only briefly a Panther. And I hate to say it, he was a only here as a way to sell tix, they never tried to build around him.
Let's compromise and say that Barkov has been the better Panther, while Bure was a far greater Canuck than Barkov has ever been.

Reactions: sanscosm

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This isn’t over yet, and even though the “fat lady” is warming up, she hasn’t started singing…so as a 30 year Panther fan who’s been through some SHIT!, I’m not ready to celebrate and claim the Cup…but this post is GOLD!! The boys did a great job addressing all of these.
1718396914505.png

Reactions: I am toxic

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Patrik Elias learned very quickly how much of a better player he was without the C when he lost it. Let's see what happens in Edmonton.

How would him showing emotion change anything? He needs to score some goals along with the other disappearing stars on Edmonton.
A captain who cares and shows that he does so can ignite the entire team.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
But he was a Canuck then, they are talking about best as a Panther. Bure was only briefly a Panther. And I hate to say it, he was a only here as a way to sell tix, they never tried to build around him.
I agree, Barkov is the greater Panther. However, addressed someone disputing the notion that Bure would be the better player and the discussion kinda escalated from there.

But I must say, Bure was also a great Panther. Winning two Rockets on those lousy Panther teams is an amazing feat.

Reactions: Ratsreign

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Let’s be real, a handful of teams, at most, would survive if they had the shitty history the Panthers had. These people that want to talk shit about the past attendance, don’t know shit about anything. They just use the same corny ass joke, as if they think it hurts us or something.
I don't the knock is exclusive to the Panthers. IMO Miami in general struggles with attendance. Hurricanes FTB, Marlins, Dolphins and Panthers tend to get over powered by visiting teams routinely.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Palm Beach is the island just offshore of Miami. So West Palm Beach is the mainland beach just west of Palm Beach.
Palm Beach is the island just offshore of Miami. So West Palm Beach is the mainland beach just west of Palm Beach.
Miami? Palm Beach is east of the intracoastal, also know as “the Island.” Mar-a-Lago is located there, the Kennedy estate, all kinds of beautiful, upscale homes.

West Palm Beach is west of “the Island.”

In 1878 a ship carrying 20,000 coconuts ran aground. The sailors thought they were in Mexico but quickly learned they were in “the Lake Region” of Florida. They decided the ship couldn’t go on with its cargo, so two locals took the coconuts as salvage and sold them for 2 1/2 cents each. Within a decade, the area was filled with palm trees, and the island had a new name.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't the knock is exclusive to the Panthers. IMO Miami in general struggles with attendance. Hurricanes FTB, Marlins, Dolphins and Panthers tend to get over powered by visiting teams routinely.
When the team wins, attendance is fine.

What people either fail to understand, or just do t plain listen to, is that the area is loaded with transplants. It’s paradise…not a swamp. I and/or someone in my family has had season seats to each of these teams. We’ve all sat next to people (who also have season seats) who cheer their asses off for Florida only to put on their childhood favorite team’s jersey and cheer even harder (against those same teams they were just cheering for) when they’re in town.

It’s a fact. And when the teams aren’t successful, especially when they’re total ass, those people don’t buy. Natives are rare. People have found out I’m a native and have asked to shake my hand on multiple occasions. More than you’d imagine, always weird to me. I ask if they want an autograph, that usually gets laughed at.

• Love
Reactions: Chaos2k7

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
When the team wins, attendance is fine.

What people either fail to understand, or just do t plain listen to, is that the area is loaded with transplants. It’s paradise…not a swamp. I and/or someone in my family has had season seats to each of these teams. We’ve all sat next to people (who also have season seats) who cheer their asses off for Florida only to put on their childhood favorite team’s jersey and cheer even harder (against those same teams they were just cheering for) when they’re in town.

It’s a fact. And when the teams aren’t successful, especially when they’re total ass, those people don’t buy. Natives are rare. People have found out I’m a native and have asked to shake my hand on multiple occasions. More than you’d imagine, always weird to me. I ask if they want an autograph, that usually gets laughed at.

I don't dispute anything you're saying. I'm not from the area to say you're wrong. I am simply pointing out an observation from watching games on TV. The Dolphins were pretty good last year, and it appeared like there were a lot of empty seats and visiting fans.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't dispute anything you're saying. I'm not from the area to say you're wrong. I am simply pointing out an observation from watching games on TV. The Dolphins were pretty good last year, and it appeared like there were a lot of empty seats and visiting fans.
And I'm simply pointing out why you're seeing that.

How many people retire and move to Edmonton? New York? Boston? Most Northern areas versus Florida? Lots of natives move out for a variety of reasons. As I said, people either fail to understand, or don't care to listen to the answer. You're not the first "yeah but.."

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and Mase

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

The Dolphins have never had a problem with attendance. For decades, the OB and JRS were the hardest places in football to come visit. Seeing a crowd shot showing a visiting team section when they score doesn't mean much. Dolphins fans do a "Met Life Takeover" every year when they play the Jets, but it's still just a drop in the bucket.

The Marlins have never been a well-attended team and will likely never be a well-attended team. Fans hate the ownership, and the ownership hates the fans.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Dolphins have never had a problem with attendance. For decades, the OB and JRS were the hardest places in football to come visit. Seeing a crowd shot showing a visiting team section when they score doesn't mean much. Dolphins fans do a "Met Life Takeover" every year when they play the Jets, but it's still just a drop in the bucket.

The Marlins have never been a well-attended team and will likely never be a well-attended team. Fans hate the ownership, and the ownership hates the fans.

Got my tickets for Sept! Woo-hoo! I go to Dolphins/Jets games at MetLife pretty much every year, and have seen this. Lot of Aqua/Orange in those stands. Lol.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Got my tickets for Sept! Woo-hoo! I go to Dolphins/Jets games at MetLife pretty much every year, and have seen this. Lot of Aqua/Orange in those stands. Lol.

Yeah, absolutely, it's a great showing. But... that game is still vast majority Jets fans. So, when you see the crowd shots of the section that gets booked together, you ought not to think "Damn, the Dolphins fans are crowding them out of the building."

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, absolutely, it's a great showing. But... that game is still vast majority Jets fans. So, when you see the crowd shots of the section that gets booked together, you ought not to think "Damn, the Dolphins fans are crowding them out of the building."

I remember one year , Dolphins played the Jets towards the beginning of the season. Was 90 degrees that day, was like. Are we in Miami? Lol.

Still for a Florida team it’s a significant showing, in a NY stadium…well NJ stadium but you get the idea, lol.

Some fans really need to stop knocking the teams and fanbases of the smaller market and warmer weather teams. As a Rangers and Ducks fan have seen both sides of the spectrum. One is not better than the other, it’s just different.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
How has amazing mcdavid not been able to will this team to at least one win vs this panther team?

Team is too busy trying to draw penalties. Never have I seen an NHL team so weak in the legs. One minute they look like they've been shot and on their way to the emergency room only to be right back out there for the draw like nothing happened. EDM look like a Euro football team out there with all their dramatic embellishments. They are an avg at best 5on5 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad