SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I remember one year , Dolphins played the Jets towards the beginning of the season. Was 90 degrees that day, was like. Are we in Miami? Lol.

Still for a Florida team it’s a significant showing, in a NY stadium…well NJ stadium but you get the idea, lol.

Some fans really need to stop knocking the fanbases of the smaller market and warmer weather teams.

The only time I will say that I see visiting teams ever actually take over a stadium is when the Yankees or Mets are in town to play the Marlins. The Yankees especially. Not a lot of people realize this, but a lot of old SFla lifers remain Yankees fans because for many years, Yankees spring training was the only baseball to be found here. Between that and the NY transplants, it's a straight up home game for them.

Derek Jeter using the Marlins as a Yankees AAAA farm team while he was here as the GM certainly didn't help.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
How has amazing mcdavid not been able to will this team to at least one win vs this panther team?

He's taking a page out of the Great One's book from '83

Well, other than the cats being nothing of the dynasty the Isles were

Come to think of it, you know who else got swept in their first SCF? Harold Snepsts

Now, if someone were to argue McDavid was on a level with Snepsts, it would be hard to dispute. I may go over to the league board and start a thread on it.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Team is too busy trying to draw penalties. Never have I seen an NHL team so weak in the legs. One minute they look like they've been shot and on their way to the emergency room only to be right back out there for the draw like nothing happened. EDM look like a Euro football team out there with all their dramatic embellishments. They are an avg at best 5on5 team.
Hyman and Bouchard are their 5-on-5 scorers. Two of the best in these playoffs. Not in this round.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The only time I will say that I see visiting teams ever actually take over a stadium is when the Yankees or Mets are in town to play the Marlins. The Yankees especially. Not a lot of people realize this, but a lot of old SFla lifers remain Yankees fans because for many years, Yankees spring training was the only baseball to be found here. Between that and the NY transplants, it's a straight up home game for them.

Derek Jeter using the Marlins as a Yankees AAAA farm team while he was here as the GM certainly didn't help.

Truth be told, I have been a Dolphins fan longer than any of my hockey teams or the Yankees. Since the Marino years, was like 5 or 6 yo, my older cousin who is a Dolphins fan bought me a jersey, and well never turned back. This is one of the reasons I’m rooting for Florida and like to see them win their first cup, but also as an Anaheim fan this is a good thing for those smaller market/warmer weather teams. Win or lose, those fans are so passionate and love it.

Part of me wants to see this go back to Florida so they can win the cup there. But I don’t see Edmonton winning a game. They have been rattled, and don’t even think Florida has played their best hockey this series.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not a chance.

A player who played for the franchise for 4yrs is suddenly #1 Franchise player, over a homegrown talent who holds all the records on the team, is their captain and earned 2 selkes, with more to come and is now leading the team to Lord Stanley? You ppl are delusional. Bure and Lluongo are more affiliated to the Canucks than Panthers.
Luongo was the only hope in Panthers land for a long long stretch.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Did you know that the Florida Panthers took their captain and their best defensive forward (and best skater) out of the game in a 2-1 game in the Stanley Cup Final to try and get Draisaitl suspended? Like it was 2-1 with nine minutes left. Game was over. I can’t believe it. Oh and the water down in Florida has magical healing powers.

Can’t wait for a mod to delete this post
Aoooooougah

Reactions: stampedingviking

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah. It's not like the depth and talent level of this Panthers team has any effect on Barkov winning the Cup and possibly the Smythe.

That's ridiculous. Bure's 94 run was significantly more impressive than Barkov's current run.
Not a single Panthers fan would agree with you. The Rockets years were unbelievable, but he isn't the greatest Panther of all time, nor was he ever as important to the teams success like Barky is.

Reactions: Ratsreign

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It must be painful being an Oilers fan right now with all the haters piling on. Feel bad for SOME of you. There are several though that completely deserve this and while every fan base has them Edmonton seems to have extra.
especially considering we all know the only singular reason why they are even good/relevant..... you'd think they would be more humble when they've had the worst management in the entire league for 2 decades giftwrapped the best player in the world lol

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
It's interesting listening to Knoblauch post-game again, I appreciate him maintaining the belief for his team but he must been watching a different Stanley Cup final than the one I've been watching.

Yes the Oilers have had chances/possession at times but Florida has kept them to the outside alot, limited the looks, limited the second/third chances. Ive never felt like the Oilers were a threat to put Florida in a blender & pile up the goals with their star power like they have so many times throughout the years.

The 2 big advantages I thought EDM had coming in was their special teams - both PK & PP - and the quick-strike ability of their stars to capitalize on any opportunity.

So far both of those areas have been clear advantages for Florida, on top of the other advantages they had coming in.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ah yes, Bure’s famous 94 run with the Florida Panthers

Maybe try reading what you’re replying to?
Bure wasn't on the team in '94 and Barkov has surpassed his high water marks for points in a Panthers uniform in a single season already, all while also being the best two way forward in the game, it's no contest, and I loved the Rocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It must be painful being an Oilers fan right now with all the haters piling on. Feel bad for SOME of you. There are several though that completely deserve this and while every fan base has them Edmonton seems to have extra.

Bring on the haters. 30 other fanbases that wish their team was in the finals right now is really what it boils down to, they'd switch places if they could. Doesn't really matter how the series ends, it's been a fun ride. I'm hoping it goes a couple more games at least and we get a little drama in the series.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Just for those wondering Bob is having the best Stanley cup performance in history for a goalie.
He should, as the Oilers seem to be totally content to take nothing but lots and lots of low-risk shots at him.

Don't get me wrong, Bobrovsky is very good .... but I also get the feeling that he's having trouble staying awake out there. Like its been a long day at the office, but you still have to go to the father-son hockey game and play goalie.

Reactions: LivingRentFree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad