SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Great, now why is a "pond hockey" team in the finals to begin with? The league could start by pretending to have the same rules regular season and playoffs. I don't care which rulebook, just pick one.
I get that hating on the Oilers is a thing, but I think they deserve a little more credit. They are a damn good hockey team. Best team in the NHL from Nov. on after a horrible start, and their PK and PP were elite in the playoffs before this series.

I know they beat the Canucks without Demko, but they clearly outplayed Van for most of that series, then they had to deal with Dallas. They can only play who is put in front of them. Their goaltending and D are just not good enough.

They are getting taken to the woodshed in this series, but honestly, this is Florida's time. They've been once of the best teams in the league the last three years, and I'm not sure anyone in the West would have given them a serious run for their money. They are dialled in after last year, and Barkov is just all-world.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not sure about Bobrovsky winning the Conn Smythe. He is a .916, while those are solid numbers, they don't scream playoff MVP. Several guys on the team have a case, I don't have a big issue with Bob getting it, but typically goalies who win Conn Smythe are putting up .925-.935.

While I agree, it'll come down to who the voters think the difference maker is between he and Barkov. Based on how McDavid and Draisaitl 's offence has dried up, I think Barkov has a pretty good chance.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Oilers have been getting shit on for 190+ pages, am I not allowed to get a single little chirp in??
We tried talking stats and having a real hockey discussion with your fanbase before the series started, we were shot down, ridiculed, told there would be no chance of any of the things that are happening right now in the series of ever happening. Destiny, the East is Least etc, etc.

Not you specifically as you are one of the few good ones, but all the fans running their mouths have up and left you to face it alone. And you still want the right to chirp us?

People always trying to play up our supposed attendance issues, but looks like from that list provided, the most empty seats on average belong to the Oilers and their faithful.

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
We tried talking stats and having a real hockey discussion with your fanbase before the series started, we were shot down, ridiculed, told there would be no chance of any of the things that are happening right now in the series of ever happening. Destiny, the East is Least etc, etc.

Not you specifically as you are one of the few good ones, but all the fans running their mouths have up and left you to face it alone. And you still want the right to chirp us?

People always trying to play up our supposed attendance issues, looks like from that list provided, the most empty seats on average belong to the Oilers and their faithful.
I like this post

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Only one team has come back from being down 0-3 in the cup final in the last 82 years. As confident as the Oilers are in pulling off 4 straight wins against a team that they have yet to beat once this year, that streak isn't going to be ending this year.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Two things went different for the Oil between this series and against Dallas:
1. PP got shut down
2. No attention to detail defensively/boneheaded plays

Usually our PP was able to give us a bit of breathing room for a Skinner stinker or a nurse/Ceci braindead play - no such luck here

Paul Maurice now 7-0 against this team in the playoffs - yuck
All 7 games he was blessed with goaltending clinics to boot

First helleybuch and now Bobrovsky

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
After this series, I'd ship Draisaitl to the moon.

That said, I hope Holland/Jackson sign both him and McDavid to very big raises. leaving the rest of the team basically intact.
The thing is, I think Drai will sign for less than market value. Why not? He's playing with the best player in the world. I don't think putting up these numbers anywhere else.

Then again, I'm not 100% convinced McDavid will stay in Edmonton. Nothing to do with the city or anything. He's just going to get a blank cheque is will get to choose where he wants to play.

Just my personal take.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Easily the worst Stanley cup final in recent memory
The worst from a competitive point of view but lots to like in terms of skill and effort and a total team effort from the Panthers. They had a tough road to the SCF and are still dominating. Bob and Barkov, in particular have been a treat to watch. Fans who haven’t seen a lot of Barkov are realizing just how elite this guy really is at shutting down the Oilers’ superstars.

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
(The following post is not copium by the way, I have receipts)

I'm just happy that we are losing to a team I don't hate.
Have always wanted the Panthers to win one, as I usually cheer for cupless teams (Except Canucks can still go f*** themselves).
Really hoped that the Panthers would have won last year (Knights can also go f*** themselves)

And I'm happy for many of the players. Even Tkachuk, I didn't even dislike him after he left Cowpietown. Great player and it will be nice for him to share championship trophies with his buddy Tatum.

Panthers are a juggernaut this year. Add another notch to the "Oilers lose to eventual cup champions" ticker.

Yea, gonna be a sweep. Oilers woke up too late and Skinner was Skinner.
Not forget Nurse was Worse and Ceci was Feces.

Thomas Tatar

Seems almost inevitable now. As an Oilers fan, I have to praise the Panthers. They look like a team that won’t be denied. Playing a patient counterstrike game and capitalizing when they have a chance. Bob should be the Conn Smythe winner in my books but certainly Barkov should get mention. Total team buy-in and execution. I don’t believe any narrative that the Oilers have outplayed the Panthers in any three of the games. I see a total team buy-in and determination to win

This Oilers team man. Seems they need a good sweeping to learn to get over a hurdle.

Put Nurse on the Panthers and let’s see how well you do. 😜

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The thing is, I think Drai will sign for less than market value. Why not? He's playing with the best player in the world. I don't think putting up these numbers anywhere else.

Then again, I'm not 100% convinced McDavid will stay in Edmonton. Nothing to do with the city or anything. He's just going to get a blank cheque is will get to choose where he wants to play.

Just my personal take.

I'm not sure he signs for less. The Oilers already have him a on a good deal. My guess is Leon will be looking to get paid too.

McDavid gets league max wherever he goes, which will likely handcuff that team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’ll say it here as well but can we stop with the idea of that Edmonton would be leading the series if the goalies were changed?

Edmonton has nothing on Florida defensively, nothing

Florida has full buy in from their players
Florida’s lineup is full of 2way forwards
Floridas Dmen can clear the damm zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad