SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
No shame in losing to this FLA team. NYR had the team best built to beat FLA, with DAL second best built to play FLA. FLA beat NYR and DAL did its annual bowing out so never got a crack at FLA. FLA is simply the best team this season and will deservedly win the Cup.
No shame but being the only team to be swept in the finals in like over 25 years would be shameful and embarrassing.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
No shame but being the only team to be swept in the finals in like over 25 years would be shameful and embarrassing.
I'm hoping they can at least get a win. More hockey is always good and it would be nice if the FLA fans can see a Cup presentation.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Knoblauch said in his post interview that if there's one team that can pull off 4 straight wins, it's them. "We've done it in the regular season, we also had a 16 game winning streak"

This isn't the regular season moron. It's the cup final and your teams season has less than 48 hours remaining.

You sure he wasn't referring to Florida?:D

Knob might want to inform the greatest duo in the world that this is the big time and not November hockey.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Meh... this hasn't been a great SCF. I definitely think the series score isn't indicative of how the series has been played (EDM really should have a win by now), but the Panthers seem to be benefitting from last year's Cup Final experience. They were a mess against Vegas. Honestly, they were worse than EDM has been against them this year.

I think McDavid's been okay. He certainly hasn't been at his best, but at least I'm noticing him offensively quite regularly. His finishing has been off for a while. He's had numerous good scoring chances. Draisaitl has been pretty much invisible. I really only notice him when he takes a shot on the PP.

I have a feeling EDM will win tomorrow and then lose Game Five. For their sake, hopefully they'll learn lessons and have a better showing in the next SCF like Florida.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Has there been another sweep since the Avs rolled us in 96?

That would make it 28 years

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Boston (who have Zacha and Coyle as their top 2 centers) took this Florida team to 6 games and was a much tougher opponent for Florida than these Western Conference Champs. And that's with Marchand missing 3 or 4 games.

I think the Rangers were the toughest opponent the Panthers faced so far (and there is still time for the Oilers to go beast mode), as Florida had to bring its best game the way it didn't against Boston.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Skinner is more than capable of carrying a team, the real issue is the lack of good defensive minded defenceman and a terrible bottom 6
So true other than when he goes Mike Smith mode and gives up two stinkers in 5 mins and ruins the game

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Barkovs goal is perfect example of who he is

Few seconds earlier he was the Florida player closest to his own goal line and few seconds later he scores on the other end

I’m amazed even after this playoff run how many are still all about piints, points, points. Making opposing teams superstars useless isn’t valuable at all..
I am convinced now - Alexander Barkov is the second coming of Datsyuk. That's how Datsyuk used to play - first deny them in your own zone and then go on to score on the other side of the rink.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
The fraud is taking place in net but let’s give the Florida Panthers a little credit. They are playing great, have excellent goaltending and have a coach that has knocked it out of the park. I’m curious, do you think the oilers would get swept still if they had the level of goaltending Bob is giving the panthers?
Yes, with that core of AHL defensemen Bob would be lit. You have 3 NHLers and 3 fringe AHLers at the blue line and one is somehow making in it to the bank with 9.25 mln salary. Desharnais who?

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am convinced now - Alexander Barkov is the second coming of Datsyuk. That's how Datsyuk used to play - first deny them in your own zone and then go on to score on the other side of the rink.
If Barky is lucky enough to be considered as an equal to Datsyuk by the end of his career he will be the greatest Panther in franchise history.

We were only comparing play styles but with a few more (personal, and team) trophies maybe he gets there one day.

He has been a joy to watch for the last 10 years, and he is only 28

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
For sure. Leon will get 13.5, who knows with McDavid. Bouch bomb will come in at 10+ too
Bouch should not get more than 7. If you study the tape - he has game-winning assist in the second game (for the other team). And in this game his play led to a goal as well. If your defenseman is making 10+ he should be at least Lidstrom-level.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Vegas chose to lose the last game of their regular season so Edmonton gets LA, which was pretty much a free pass for them. The 7 game series against Vegas eventually took a toll on Dallas as they just ran out of gas by Game 4 against Edmonton. Dallas had nothing left in the tank and the Oilers ran wild.
Then maybe work on the gas? The 2014 Kings team ran through a gauntlet of THREE top-tier teams in the Sharks (against whom they were down 0-3 in the series), the Ducks, and the Hawks (whom were defending champs), and they still managed to oust the Rangers in 5. Let's just face it- Dallas' special teams sputtered, their D wore thin, and Oettinger kept showing how overrated he is. That's not on the gauntlet they had to run through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad