SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
The fraud is taking place in net but let’s give the Florida Panthers a little credit. They are playing great, have excellent goaltending and have a coach that has knocked it out of the park. I’m curious, do you think the oilers would get swept still if they had the level of goaltending Bob is giving the panthers?
Taking the Panther's best player for your worst (and he's far from your worst), is a bit dishonest, don't you think?

How about this instead?

Skinner for Bobrovsky
McDavid for Lorentz

Gotta keep it all above board.

The Cats still whoop the Oilers.

Reactions: NotCommitted

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Boston (who have Zacha and Coyle as their top 2 centers) took this Florida team to 6 games and was a much tougher opponent for Florida than these Western Conference Champs. And that's with Marchand missing 3 or 4 games.
Boston is built similarly to FLA with power and grit throughout the lineup. Nobody even remembers the "roster fillers" on the Oilers outside of McDrai. RNH disappeared, so did Hyman.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The Eastern Conference sucks, Florida only played bozos.
You can't handle McDrai.
Something something empty seats.
We got goalied.
The ice in Sunrise is bad, we're going back to Canada for the good ice.
Colin Campbell
Your team doesn't have any fans.
We got goalied again.
If we traded two of our worst players for two of your best players, we'd win. <------ YOU ARE HERE
Florida isn't better, we are beating ourselves.
You live in a swamp.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.
With Stuart Skinner in net, the Panthers could have 30 total shots and still be up 3-0. And, oh yeah, the better team IS winning the series

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Boston (who have Zacha and Coyle as their top 2 centers) took this Florida team to 6 games and was a much tougher opponent for Florida than these Western Conference Champs. And that's with Marchand missing 3 or 4 games.
Boston had Jeremy Swayman playing at a Conn Smythe level for that entire series. Outside of game 1 and game 6 (which was pretty even), the Panthers were by far the better team in that series.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Florida will sweep this series. Edmonton fans crying about the refering calls are insane. The glaring issue that Edmonton fans don't want to address is the fact that McDavid and Drisatle have done absolutely nothing in this series. Florida has alot to do with this fact.

Oilers' entire game plan was dive get a PP and score. Have a good PK; and play 5 on 5 as a stalemate IMO

This game plan has absolutely backfired on the oilers. They are always diving looking for PPs instead of trying hard to generate something 5 on 5

capitaljohn

Jun 18, 2023
Oilers have some big time decisions coming up.

Drai can extend this summer, Bouchard will be getting a big raise and McJesus is UFA in two years. They are on the hook for $9.25 m for Nurse the next six years (unless they buy him out, which will be big $), and then you have a potential Campbell buyout (although that cap hit will be minimal). They will also be looking at big-time upgrades in goal and on the blueline, one would think.

They have some great contracts including Ekholm (two more years), Hyman (four more years) and RNH (five years), but they also have some holes to fill with UFAs leaving.

Some really great pieces on that team, no doubt, but it's hard to envision them keeping everyone. Even with the cap going up, the math probably isn't going to work.
The nurse contract looks even worse with the signing bonus money in the last years … it almost makes a buyout worthless. Good work by the agent on that one.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Edmonton is beating themselves - thats the frustrating part about this finals.

FLA isn't outplaying anyone - in fact they are dominated for long stretches spending them wholly in the defensive zone. Correct me if I'm wrong - but FLA has spent the majority of each game in the D-Zone I believe.

They have simply been more opportunistic when Bouchard/Nurse or Skinner f*** up. Its always one of those 3. If Edmonton can somehow get those 3 to play 4 games of lights out hockey - its a reverse sweep.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
He is already on a discount, I don't see him taking a dollar less than new deals for Petterson, or Nylander, and bad blood aside, why should he? Easily could ask for AM, or McDavids current contract, many teams would pay that IMO.

He would be smart to leave money on the table for team construction, but he already did that and they haven't put the pieces around him, and the Cap is only going up.
This is true. No argument. I only suggested him taking a discount to play with McD again and maybe allow the Oilers to strengthen in other areas, a la Tampa and Colorado. I get the whole state tax advantages, etc....

You're probably right. McDavid will get max contract, and Drai probably won't be far behind.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Knoblauch said in his post interview that if there's one team that can pull off 4 straight wins, it's them. "We've done it in the regular season, we also had a 16 game winning streak"

This isn't the regular season moron. It's the cup final and your teams season has less than 48 hours remaining.
They were also beating teams that weren't in the playoffs. Didnt they have San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona like 6 of those?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

FLA isn't outplaying anyone - in fact they are dominated for long stretches spending them wholly in the defensive zone. Correct me if I'm wrong - but FLA has spent the majority of each game in the D-Zone I believe.

They have simply been more opportunistic when Bouchard/Nurse or Skinner f*** up. Its always one of those 3. If Edmonton can somehow get those 3 to play 4 games of lights out hockey - its a reverse sweep.
Edmonton was significantly better for Game 1 in periods 1 and 2 but then Florida shut it down in period 3.

Florida was significantly better in Game 2 although Edmonton had a couple decent stretches.

Edmonton was better in most of Game 3, but shot themselves in the foot and Florida was better with the attention to detail. Panthers controlled period 2 last night

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I was curious to see what Oiler fans thought were the issues and a bit surprised to see that Skinner is taking most of the heat on their board.

Maybe he's just a useful punching bag, but I'd only blame him for 1 goal last night. Meanwhile their offense has dried up but and their D continues to be extremely porous.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Thanks, post updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad