SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
View attachment 882698
Rewatched the game this morning, this flop at this time of the game was unreal. I’ll shut up after this, but he could’ve raced to the puck on the boards and opened a number of possibilities. Two guys could’ve been fighting for the puck for Edmonton, instead he flops. What is this mindset?
He is the biggest diver in the league and always has an egotistical/cocky response in his interviews about how highly he thinks of himself and the team . Hes a sore loser who lets frustration get the best of him . He claims he didnt hit Barkov with intent to injure but he has whacked and slashed Kings players Durzi and Kempe after goals 3 years in a row . They give but once they take they cry bloody murder like their fans . Truly pathetic . Glad they getting their shet handed to em

LFG Panthers !!!!!!

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Two things went different for the Oil between this series and against Dallas:
1. PP got shut down
2. No attention to detail defensively/boneheaded plays

Usually our PP was able to give us a bit of breathing room for a Skinner stinker or a nurse/Ceci braindead play - no such luck here

Paul Maurice now 7-0 against this team in the playoffs - yuck

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Reminds me of the Kings in 2012, except they won the ultimate prize. Faced Daniel-less Canucks for first 3 games in 1st round, a Blues team with AP down, and then the Coyotes, enough said.
Yeah and never had to face Boston in the Final, alas, who were every bit their physical equal and more. But the Bruins Bruined themselves, as they are wont to do, by losing in the first round. Would have been epic.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
View attachment 882698
Rewatched the game this morning, this flop at this time of the game was unreal. I’ll shut up after this, but he could’ve raced to the puck on the boards and opened a number of possibilities. Two guys could’ve been fighting for the puck for Edmonton, instead he flops. What is this mindset?

Yep, and that led to the Sportsnet postgame panel (and ensuing interviews with some players) loudly wondering about the "missed tripping call late". :shakehead

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
It's hard to win when you have a porous mistake prone D, without an elite goaltender to cover it all up. Usually you need both but can get away with one. They relied too heavily on their offense to carry their wins, which doesn't work against tight teams.

At least McDavid and team now understand what it takes to get here, and also what else they need in the future.

Whichever way this ends up going (being respectful here), I'm pretty sure we'll see Edmonton here again.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I’ve never seen a team get luckier than the Oilers in this playoffs. First they get matched up against arguably the worst team in the playoffs with LA, then they face the Canucks who lost their starter for the entire series and then their best goal scorer for Game 7. Then Dallas plays without their #1C for the first 3 games and Tanev played Games 5 and 6 with one foot.

Now that they’re facing a healthy team for the first time this playoffs, they’re gettting exposed

Sorry for off-topic but I cannot have us all forget that the Washington Capitals made these playoffs

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
View attachment 882698
Must be soccer genes.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
He is the biggest diver in the league and always has an egotistical/cocky response in his interviews about how highly he thinks of himself and the team . Hes a sore loser who lets frustration get the best of him . He claims he didnt hit Barkov with intent to injure but he has whacked and slashed Kings players Durzi and Kempe after goals 3 years in a row . They give but once they take they cry bloody murder like their fans . Truly pathetic . Glad they getting their shet handed to em

LFG Panthers !!!!!!

Divesaitl's ability to pull one doozy after another is really something, isn't it?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Breakdowns by key players (ie Bouchard) at the worst time possible when they’ve been great all year, no goalie to bail out mistakes, and no offensive depth to make up for the top line being totally shut down by Barkov and co

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong at the worst time lmfao

Don’t even see a solution unless they can get rid of anchors like Nurse somehow, they’re in trouble

Reactions: Neil Racki

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Breakdowns by key players (ie Bouchard) at the worst time possible when they’ve been great all year, no goalie to bail out mistakes, and no offensive depth to make up for the top line being totally shut down by Barkov and co

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong at the worst time lmfao

Don’t even see a solution unless they can get rid of anchors like Nurse somehow, they’re in trouble
Campbell is eating up 5 mil in cap too.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So complete they couldn't beat the Oilers.

Dallas was significantly hampered for Edmonton. Tanev and Hintz came out of the Colorado series injured and their entire team was gassed after Vegas/Colorado back to back.

All of Vegas/Colorado/Dallas are much better teams that Edmonton and would have been significantly better competition for Florida in the cup final. We all got robbed of a great cup final because the bracket put the top three teams in the west against each other in the first two rounds. Edmonton really had no business getting out of round 2.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.
Like in any sports, luck is part the game. A team can win mostly because of luck on a particular night, but in a best of 7 series, luck will be rarely enough, the better team ends up winning most of the time.

I'll give you that the Panthers shouldn't have won the first game they were "lucky" to have Bobrosvky. But the goalie is part of the team and I could say that Edmondon are even more "lucky" to have have McDavid. Where would this team be without McDavid? Probably out after the first round. Or do they even make the playoffs?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Dallas was significantly hampered for Edmonton. Tanev and Hintz came out of the Colorado series injured and their entire team was gassed after Vegas/Colorado back to back.
So what possible chance in hell would they have been a better matchup for Florida?

I swear some people don't even read what they write.

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yep, and that led to the Sportsnet postgame panel (and ensuing interviews with some players) loudly wondering about the "missed tripping call late". :shakehead
Lmao, no way. Two obvious flops in a row.

LFG Panthers !!!!!!
He’s awful. Had no idea I disliked him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad