SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
As a Ranger fan whose team was just mugged in a back alley (zibanejad still missing please contact if seen), I’ve never seen a forecheck like the panthers in my life time. I don’t think Edmonton is ready to get into how deep the panthers go into the trenches...
This is also what concerns me. The Oilers of the current era have typically had a very hard time vs. skilled clubs who apply a heavy forecheck. (Dallas, again, weirdly didn't do this. Neither did Vancouver. Nor L.A.)

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Because their fanbase has to insert itself into every conversation. We beat them, they're toast. Another notch in the cupless belt. The only teams I care about now are the ones still playing.
Here is how you get them to stop, stop feeding the trolls, and stop inviting them back in by continuing, genius I know.

• Haha
Reactions: Senor Catface

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't follow the Panthers much, but this is sort of my analysis too.

Frankly, I was kind of shocked by how non-physical Dallas was. They made the Canucks look like the 1975 Broad Street Bullies. The Oilers will get a rougher time of it, physically, vs. Florida.

But, as you say, the Rangers' top guys didn't really tip the scales, whereas Edmonton's top two guys almost always do, sooner or later.
I think Dallas' strategy to not ne physical to limit Oilers PP cost them a bit.
Benn and Marchment needed to bring a lot more nasty agaisnt the Oilers like how Zadorov did for Canucks.

Oilers have been matching the play of their opponents thus far out-trapping LA, out beating Van and Dallas to their game.

There is no doubt that Oilers can match Florida physically if that's how they decided to play. They are used to going against OEL, Tkachuk and Bennett.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I think Dallas' strategy to not ne physical to limit Oilers PP cost them a bit.
Benn and Marchment needed to bring a lot more nasty agaisnt the Oilers like how Zadorov did for Canucks.

Oilers have been matching the play of their opponents thus far out-trapping LA, out beating Van and Dallas to their game.

There is no doubt that Oilers can match Florida physically if that's how they decided to play. They are used to going against OEL, Tkachuk and Bennett.
I hope we put this theory to the test, we don't do flybys

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Oilers fans, when you lose in 7 to a daddy Campbell team, you’ll feel that deep, deep remorse for cheering against the Canucks in 2011.

It’s coming. McDavie and Dry Saddle are going to be in tears, and HfCanucks and Calgary Puck are going to be partying hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad