SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I think with out a doubt Edmonton is the best team we’ve faced all year. They are elite. But Florida has sneaky attributes that build as they go. The oilers should score on Bob a few times but watch for the Florida speed and firepower to emerge in this game. I promise you Sam Rhienhart takes this game tonight as a personal challenge. It will be much different and why the Panthers are the favorites to take game 2

I wouldn't make any bets until we see how things shake out in Edmonton. 2-0 lead can be harder to convert when 3 of the next 4 are on the road.
FYI Cats play better on the road.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I just dont see Oilers win this matchup. They played McDavid, Drai and Hyman 23-25min in a game without overtime. Even Nuge played almost 20min, same as Barkov. Kane 15mins and the rest 12min or lower. Cant see Oilers winning a physical Florida team, that actually uses 4 lines. Oilers are a 1,5-line team.
Florida has to play with the lead every game to make that happen.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Florida has to play with the lead every game to make that happen.
Obviously thats one reson, but IMO Oilers use the same guys too much. A NHL season is long and then the playoffs after that. If you use mainy 1,5 line you dont usually win. Florida`s 3rd line guys like Lundell & Luostarinen played almost 17min.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Obviously thats one reson, but IMO Oilers use the same guys too much. A NHL season is long and then the playoffs after that. If you use mainy 1,5 line you dont usually win. Florida`s 3rd line guys like Lundell & Luostarinen played almost 17min.
lol Take it easy.
1 Oiler in the top 13 this playoffs.
2 Panthers.

Your comment doesn't land. Maybe Reinhart and Barkov are being played too much?

1718028640486.png

(Also jesus christ Avs really playing their top guys too much, no teams come close)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
IMO Edmonton has to come out with a lot of fire, but they played well in game 1. Problem was just Bobrovsky played out of his damn mind. We shall see what happens from here, but I say that the Panthers drop game 2. We go to OT, and Ceci scores the game winner 4-3.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
IMO Edmonton has to come out with a lot of fire, but they played well in game 1. Problem was just Bobrovsky played out of his damn mind. We shall see what happens from here, but I say that the Panthers drop game 2. We go to OT, and Ceci scores the game winner 4-3.
2 things need to change for a win

- Nurse and Ceci need to be split up again
- Oilers need to learn to raise the f***ing puck

Mcdavid was quoted as saying even if we lose it’s not the end of the world… defeatist attitude ?
No defeatist attitude is "Well if we lose it's over, why bother trying for the rest of the series" He said quite the opposite.

Nice try though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osakahaus

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I just dont see Oilers win this matchup. They played McDavid, Drai and Hyman 23-25min in a game without overtime. Even Nuge played almost 20min, same as Barkov. Kane 15mins and the rest 12min or lower. Cant see Oilers winning a physical Florida team, that actually uses 4 lines. Oilers are a 1,5-line team.
They can’t honestly. Look at their Dmen TOI, brutal lol.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
2 things need to change for a win

- Nurse and Ceci need to be split up again
- Oilers need to learn to raise the f***ing puck
I still dont get WHY they're a pair but at the same time you really dont have a better option besides Nurse.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I still dont get WHY they're a pair but at the same time you really dont have a better option besides Nurse.
They were split up and it helped us win the Stars series.
Maybe Garlic had faith that they got brain transplants during the week off or something.

Poor move. But he's been good with adjustments the last few rounds, so let's see what happens today.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Recently during an interview Maurice talked about how there will be times in some games where the other team is going to have it rolling, and when that’s happening you have to just hold your ground until you can turn it around. No forcing things or panicking, no cheating for an offensive chance, just stick to it and work through it until you turn it your way.
That was game 1 in a nutshell.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
FYI Cats play better on the road.
These playoffs, their results have been about the same, but their all situations underlying stats suggest they've been better at home:

Home
59.2% xG%
7W 3L
1.011 PDO

Away
55.3% xG%
6W 2L
1.014 PDO

The same was true in the regular season, where their results were about the same, but they had better underlying numbers at home. The biggest difference was that their road PDO was much higher, suggesting puck luck had a lot to do with their road success as compared to their home succes.

Home
57.5% xG%
26-13-2
0.995 PDO

Away
54.9% xG%
26-11-4
1.023 PDO

That, and Edmonton has been much better on at home. They were 28-9-4 at home this year and only 21-18-2 on the road. And their underlying numbers suggest the same - they've sported a 58.0% xG% in both the regular season and playoffs at home. That drops to 55.2% and 52.0% on the road for regular season and playoffs respectively.

So while Florida might be just as good on the road (though the numbers suggest they are slightly worse), Edmonton is much much better at home.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Mcdavid was quoted as saying even if we lose it’s not the end of the world… defeatist attitude ?

Kind of lackadaisical given it's the biggest series of his life. I wonder if he'll change his tune if the Oilers go out in 4-5 games.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think it's fair to say this series is unofficially over if Florida wins tonight.

Edmonton isn't winning 4/5.

Before people go to past instances of a comeback:

03: Ducks went down 2-0. But they had Giguere.

2009: Pens didn't have defenceman outright costing them games. MAF wasn't great. But he wasn't an issue in net.

2010: Flyers lost but they had Pronger, Timonen, and way more depth.

2011: Boston lost two close ones. Thomas had a postseason for the ages. Even at the time, I remember everyone saying Boston would win their home games.

Edmonton has none of these things going for them.

Btw, Is there a link to McDavid stating it isn't the end of the world if they lose?

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't even know what to make of that game. Florida had a lot of zone time but couldn't get a shot off. Edmonton had a lot of chances but fell off in the third.

Got the impression Florida was turtling a bit too much.

Reactions: nturn06

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They might be forced to scratch him if he cost them again tonight.

I'm trying to imagine Maurice continuing to throw out OEL (example) if he kept costing them goals against. I doubt it would happen.
Big difference between scratching OEL though at his salary and term and a $9.2 million player like Nurse with his contract running for a long time still. And who else have they got to play those minutes? There’s not much depth on D. Holland hasn’t given his coach any real options.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Big difference between scratching OEL though at his salary and term and a $9.2 million player like Nurse with his contract running for a long time still. And who else have they got to play those minutes? There’s not much depth on D.
This shouldn't matter whatsoever when you are in a SCF. I know it does. But at some point you can't ice him anymore. He's been that atrocious. He is outright costing them games. If McDrai doesn't like it, too bad.

I don't know who plays in his place. But they can't afford to keep giving Nurse chances. Otherwise, this thing will be over by Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad