SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
The whining (especially on Twitter) from Oilers fans make it nearly impossible to root for them. It was the same thing with the Canucks.

I'm sure it would be the same if it was the Canadiens but my god, it's actually embarrassing. Just excuses after excuses. The "Bettman doesn't want the Oilers to win" is the most pathetic one by far.

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
To paraphrase an old saying, You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make a stupid horse drink. Edmonton is that stupid horse. Bettman gave Edmonton every possible advantage.
Do you have any actual evidence to back this up instead of just saying Edmonton has x amount of first overall picks?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
100 pt season in 23.
Don't know too many 3rd liners done that.
Forget about the 100 points season. He's averaged 60 or more points in all but 1 season since 2017 (usually hovering around the 60-69 mark). That's a 2nd line player on basically every team

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The whining (especially on Twitter) from Oilers fans make it nearly impossible to root for them. It was the same thing with the Canucks.

I'm sure it would be the same if it was the Canadiens but my god, it's actually embarrassing. Just excuses after excuses. The "Bettman doesn't want the Oilers to win" is the most pathetic one by far.
If Gary had control of the outcomes, you can rest assured it would be Chicago-NYR in the finals

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Bettman was the front voice in keeping the Oilers in Edmonton when they were all but sold to Houston.

Bettman doesn't hate Edmonton. That's such a dumb narrative.
Of course he doesn't. It brings him money with a full Rogers Place each and every night....

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Forget about the 100 points season. He's averaged 60 or more points in all but 1 season since 2017 (usually hovering around the 60-69 mark). That's a 2nd line player on basically every team
Yep. The poster I responded too with the 100 pt season....... referred to Nugent as a third liner.

Reactions: ujju2 and Felidae

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It is my observation that when a teams wins while being badly outplayed the tide eventually turns. Still think Oilers in 5 or 6.
If this was an ongoing pattern for the Panthers across previous series, sure. But we're not talking about the Rangers, who needed Shesterkin to be elite almost every night to make a deep run. Bob stealing a game is icing on the cake, because the Panthers are unlikely to play so sluggishly again.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bobrovsky didn't carry?

All about Bob and nothing but Bob.
It’s the simplest way to look at it.
Not the whole complete story, but that doesn’t matter.
He was the First Star, and certainly held strong for the Panthers when the Oilers broke through. Oilers managed 2 shots in the first half of the third period, while being down two goals. Was that Bob doing all the carrying?
It’s great to have such a goalie as part of the team effort.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It is my observation that when a teams wins while being badly outplayed the tide eventually turns. Still think Oilers in 5 or 6.
Hard to suss out how much the Panthers really sucked in game 1 when they got such an early lead in the game. I liked Edmonton's first period, but after that it felt like a fairly even game when you consider the Panthers were defending a 2-0 lead.

They held a pressing Oilers team to only 7 shots in the third period, not a great sign for Edmonton.

Jan 13, 2023
All about Bob and nothing but Bob.
It’s the simplest way to look at it.
Not the whole complete story, but that doesn’t matter.
He was the First Star, and certainly held strong for the Panthers when the Oilers broke through. Oilers managed 2 shots in the first half of the third period, while being down two goals. Was that Bob doing all the carrying?
It’s great to have such a goalie as part of the team effort.
Yeah it's not like the team laid down and died lol. The video speaks for itself.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Feels like it's the series tonight to me. I don't think this Florida team is going to give up a 2-0 lead.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I just dont see Oilers win this matchup. They played McDavid, Drai and Hyman 23-25min in a game without overtime. Even Nuge played almost 20min, same as Barkov. Kane 15mins and the rest 12min or lower. Cant see Oilers winning a physical Florida team, that actually uses 4 lines. Oilers are a 1,5-line team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad