SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I never mentioned Kuemper.
You obviously didn't watch last years finals.
My bad I meant Fleury not Murray.

Yup, gave up 9 goals in game 5
Florida was injured but let's be honest.. as a Florida fan I wanted them to take the series..but it wasn't likely to happen... we didn't match up well with their size and skill... Mostly on the backend.
We match up better with oilers.

Obviously the oilers stars are studs.

Anyone's series

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Florida was injured but let's be honest.. as a Florida fan I wanted them to take the series..but it wasn't likely to happen... we didn't match up well with their size and skill... Mostly on the backend.

Anyone's series
Yup

rea

Feb 8, 2011
For me, as a Canadian, talking to Canadians about Bettman is some of the cringiest conversations you can have. Like Bettman is up all night, trying to screw Canada as hard as he can 24/7, when you know, he sort of works for the league and the owners. I find Bettman talk boring, and it's usually severely misguided and not based on any facts too.
Everyone needs a scapegoat lol. He's just low key the hero of this story 😂😂
1000025990.gif

Reactions: Mr Positive

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Bettman was the front voice in keeping the Oilers in Edmonton when they were all but sold to Houston.

Bettman doesn't hate Edmonton. That's such a dumb narrative.
Yeah, I don't get why Oiler fans point out that Bettman hates Edmonton. I'm sure that Bettman really wants the sunbelt teams to succeed because higher interest in non-traditional hockey markets is usually better for the league but he was front and center in giving Edmonton an opportunity to right the ship with their market when they were bleeding money and could have easily been moved to a big US market.

lebarky

Jun 9, 2024

Anyone's series
Nice of you trying to be friendly but you know the outcome already. Even Oilers fans do. Even mcdavid and Draisaitl do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-07-02-44-58-14_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-07-02-44-58-14_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Anyone expecting a similar game to game 2 as compared to game 1 is fooling themselves.

Panthers played some of the worst hockey of their playoffs last night and that's more their fault than Edmonton's. Skinner was barely tested. I imagine he faces a lot more in game 2.

Don't worry, the Oilers have yet to beat a team this post season that has brought their A game.

All 12 wins were the result of the opposing team being slow, unskilled, old, young, off their game or just flat out terrible. Thank god we got to play scrubs the whole way to the SCF.

The Panthers, so I am told, no showed in game 1 and still won. Imagine if they actually showed up and unleashed the forecheck and team D!!!! Series is over in 3.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Conspiracy theories are always popular with some people. I frankly don’t get it either. Maybe it’s a way of coping so you don’t have to admit your team just wasn’t good enough. It’s the same as ‘the refs are out to get our team’ conspiracies.
So wait, the ping pong balls weren't frozen or they were but the idea wasn't concocted on the grassy knoll?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Florida got it done though. Barkov is so good. I think it was him and Bob that really helped get them the W, even with the team not playing very well overall.
Yeah, there was a couple times where he won the puck battle with McDavid with a superior stick. Did a great job shadowing him. And still finished with 2 assists, with 0 points for McDavid .

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Losing game one is no big deal, lose the first two games and that's likely it only 5 teams have won the Cup after losing game 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad