SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Maybe I’m missing something but the word dominating may not apply to the team that loses unless there is some emotional gratification and in that case I’m sorry but it means absolutely nothing in terms of tommorow.
I can say that Bob was dominating it’s all relative.
Apparently just saying "I thought Edmonton played real well despite the result" without turning the hyperbole up to 11 is a bridge too far. I've lived through the entire internet age, I should know better...

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think I’ll wear all black out there today.... I like wearing all black, it looks so cool.

looks very “cool”

Hurry up....I need the a/c and a ice cold beer!

Last edited:
Reactions: capazzo

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
The No1 C in the game Connor McDavid:

0p 25.19min -2 and a superb 33.3% FO

"I only play for points. Back-checking is for others"
You are right he was garbo by all regular and advanced stats. European media called him out too for 'running around recklessly' and usually being too gassed to back check at all.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I think that getting the win in game 1 was more important for Edmonton than it was for Florida. Because the Panthers always gets better as series goes on. It’s been the case since last year playoffs.

Edmonton might feel confident after the game since they dominated. But they’re about to face a different beast in game 2.

On the other hand, can the Oilers be better than they were in game 1?

Not gonna lie though, Edmonton impressed me. Panthers never got so badly dominated in a playoffs game since playing Tampa in 2022
Excuse me Bob dominated Edmonton that was sheer domination.

Reactions: Leon Crysaitl

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
While Edmonton was dominating much of the play, Bob was dominant.

Thankfully he didn’t have to do it for three periods straight. 2 was already pretty amazing

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
A day later and I don't like some of the portrayals of what occurred.

Yes Bobrovsky was dominant, but Edmonton failed to get quality shots above a foot off of the ice. The Panthers played solidly with strong performances from a few of their secondary guys (Bennett, Verhague). The Panthers also did well at stifling clear shots on net in the third getting sticks and bodies on almost everything.

Edmonton looked stifled and slightly frustrated as much they dazzled with their passing and speed.

It was a tough exciting playoff game, but it feels like Florida's fine effort has been reduced by many to a Bobrovsky win instead of good win by the team overall (notwithstanding spectacular play by the netminder).

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
All this talk about Bobrovsky while there’s been zero highlights of his saves circulating. He got a shutout, but he was good not great. Made the saves he needed to make
Well hers the thing if the Oilers were dominating then Bob did a masterful job…..

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Either the Edmonton video coach is complete idiot or Edmonton dropped the ball.

They pointed out before the game
Shoot high
Everyone knew that.

3 separate break-aways, and a Constant HD scoring chances shot directly at the five-hole or low

Yet Bob hasn’t surrendered a single goal in the five-hole all playoffs

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad