SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Is it a coincidence that Panthers played their worst two periods of the entire playoffs vs Oilers? Or are Oilers just better than any other team they've played against thus far?
Definitely the best team they’ve faced. It’s not even close. (Judging from only one game).
Perhaps a factor in the odd mans against, FL very worried about Edmonton’s counter, and not wanting to get caught, seemed to make them maybe hesitant to go full on pressure in the O zone. And then the Edmonton speed, like Forsling going for a poke check and ends up putting stick right between 97 skates instead. Dude is flying with the puck. Edmonton really busted through with some glorious chances. Panthers have a lot to clean up.
They’ve seen it first hand now. Adjustments will be made. See if they help.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
All while falling down on the ice constantly and making some very big mistakes.. breakaways...

If you cant see the impressive aspects of your opponent then your just drinking Kool aid.

We see the skill the creativity of Edmonton.. we know...

Florida has been the overlooked franchise for 30 years.

The only way our 6 fans will ever get any recognition is if we win the whole damn thing.

Fine let them earn it. And yes the goalie is part of the team.
I'm rooting for you guys. I like the vibe that's going on there.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
So, thus far pretty much domination by the Oilers, however Bobrovsky came up huge and stole the win in combination with some sloppy moments by Edmonton. When it comes to scoring changes, control of the ice, Edmonton pretty much dominated.

So for the series it is looking great for Edmonton, if Game 1 is representative at all the Oilers should take it 4-2.

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The last superior goalie to win the Cup was Vasilevsky.
no kidding But tests not what I said. the team withbthe best goalie IN THE FINALS In the final series these goalies played better than their opponent.
Hill was better than Bobrovsky
Vassy was better than Price
Vassy was better than Ottinger
Binnington was better than Rask.
Holtby was better than Murray
and so on....

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Meh, not that impressed with Florida, just the shots that ricocheted and barely missed by the Oilers would have won that game handily. Never mind all the shots that were on the net or the breakaways. It’s hard to argue with winning, but Edmonton was extremely snakebit. It wasn’t all Bobrovsky.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Meh, not that impressed with Florida, just the shots that ricocheted and barely missed by the Oilers would have won that game handily. Never mind all the shots that were on the net or the breakaways. It’s hard to argue with winning, but Edmonton was extremely snakebit. It wasn’t all Bobrovsky.
Funny, I wasn’t impressed with the Oilers either. When your MO is high powered offense and you lay a goose egg….its not a good look.

Last edited by a moderator:

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Bobrovsky was unreal and he's not going anywhere - he will be a problem for Edmonton all series.

Adjustments will be made. This isn't what every game is going to look like moving forward so when people talk about how unimpressed they were with the other team it's just a pathetic flex to say 'we lost but you were lucky'. No one respects these opinions.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bobrovski and the panthers lead killed the oilers last night. The fact both worked well for the panthers early on in the game was beneficial for them after a long break imo. It's still only game 1 tho and a lot could happen and unfold from there. See what or doesn't stay consistent from game 1 because it doesn't always stay the same.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone expecting a similar game to game 2 as compared to game 1 is fooling themselves.

Panthers played some of the worst hockey of their playoffs last night and that's more their fault than Edmonton's. Skinner was barely tested. I imagine he faces a lot more in game 2.

Florida got it done though. Barkov is so good. I think it was him and Bob that really helped get them the W, even with the team not playing very well overall.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Maybe I’m missing something but the word dominating may not apply to the team that loses unless there is some emotional gratification and in that case I’m sorry but it means absolutely nothing in terms of tommorow.
I can say that Bob was dominating it’s all relative.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think that getting the win in game 1 was more important for Edmonton than it was for Florida. Because the Panthers always gets better as series goes on. It’s been the case since last year playoffs.

Edmonton might feel confident after the game since they dominated. But they’re about to face a different beast in game 2.

On the other hand, can the Oilers be better than they were in game 1?

Not gonna lie though, Edmonton impressed me. Panthers never got so badly dominated in a playoffs game since playing Tampa in 2022

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
All this talk about Bobrovsky while there’s been zero highlights of his saves circulating. He got a shutout, but he was good not great. Made the saves he needed to make

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey and Laus723

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
All this talk about Bobrovsky while there’s been zero highlights of his saves circulating. He got a shutout, but he was good not great. Made the saves he needed to make
Several breakaways included.

And There is stuff on you tube

Reactions: Laus723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad