SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
you’re right - I didn’t consider the panthers played bad in the first two periods on purpose
Teams feel a different sense of urgency up 2-0 versus tied or down. Bottom line is that the Panthers never had to kick it into a higher gear because the Oilers were never able to actually score. Had the Oilers scored, the rest of the game would have been different. There is no reason to think that the rest of the game would have looked the same. End result is that the Panthers never had to play particularly well to win. Not sure why so many want to spin that as some sort of positive for the Oilers.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Both teams have had games these playoffs were they got dominated and won and vice versa. It’s hockey, it’s sports. Not sure why some are mad or making anything else of this than it should. Game 2 will be interesting. Both teams will probably adjust.

I'm not sure what else Edmonton could do? Maybe bench Ceci and Nurse. Outside of that they had multiple breakaways, a ton of grade a chances and several PPs all whole keeping the Panthers under 20 shots. I don't expect them to dominate more than they did last nigt.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure what else Edmonton could do? Maybe bench Ceci and Nurse. Outside of that they had multiple breakaways, a ton of grade a chances and several PPs all whole keeping the Panthers under 20 shots. I don't expect them to dominate more than they did last nigt.
They can’t bench Nurse and Ceci as they don’t have any replacements. The best they can do is split them up but that creates problems on two pairings. It’s a tough position for the coach.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Not sure why Nurse and Ceci are getting ganged up on.

1st goal Ceci clearly motioned to Hyman to take the open Panthers player. Hyman doesn't skate a single step, he just glides and pretends he's backchecking. Easily could have prevented the goal

2nd was all Kane. He does a stick check at the blueline, but then like Hyman, he glides down and leaves ERod open for no apparent reason. In fact after Kane makes a fake defensive stick play as ERod shoots, he's already moving away from the play as if it's guaranteed the puck will go in and doesn't want to deal with a rebound.

Both Kane and Hyman knew their check was open, both knew their checks were in prime scoring spots. They just didn't care.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Cats' gameplan of being "mean" completely dismantled by the toughness of the Oilers, live on ABC + SN.

Nurse/Kane have 10x more fights than the entire Panthers lineup. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

All we saw is that the "meanness" of the Cats was nowhere to be found last night. Wonder which of the Oilers had them playing scared.
Nobody changes their play style for fear of a hypothetical fight once every 15 games lol. The panthers would love to face these two on the ice for 60 minutes a game, I’m not sure that classifies them as scared of these players…

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
but I expect them to finish their chances more then they did last night

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Game 2 will tell us whether the Panthers were just rusty or whether the oilers really did shut them down. Panthers aren't going to win the cup getting less than 20 shots.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
IMO Florida played A Panthers game. They did everything that has made them successful the past 2 seasons. Edmonton came at them with speed and they were able to keep up and counter their speed with aggressive forechecking. Bob was a brick wall.

No one would be saying that Edmonton out played Florida had the shot on goal been more even. Florida was better in nearly every other stat cat.

Edmonton can't have that many power plays and not score 1 goal. I think their positioning around the net could be better, and perhaps they will make that adjustment beyond that I can't see how Edmonton wins this series.

Florida will wear them down and the Oilers will be exhausted by game 4.

Just give Florida the cup now.

Panthers in 5.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Teams feel a different sense of urgency up 2-0 versus tied or down. Bottom line is that the Panthers never had to kick it into a higher gear because the Oilers were never able to actually score. Had the Oilers scored, the rest of the game would have been different. There is no reason to think that the rest of the game would have looked the same. End result is that the Panthers never had to play particularly well to win. Not sure why so many want to spin that as some sort of positive for the Oilers.
The Oilers had 1 shot on goal (iirc) in the last 3 minutes of the game. They played well to seal the deal.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
IMO Florida played A Panthers game. They did everything that has made them successful the past 2 seasons. Edmonton came at them with speed and they were able to keep up and counter their speed with aggressive forechecking. Bob was a brick wall.

No one would be saying that Edmonton out played Florida had the shots on goal been more even. Florida was better in nearly every other stat cat.

Edmonton can't have that many power plays and not score 1 goal. I think their positioning around the net could be better, and perhaps they will make that adjustment beyond that I can't see how Edmonton wins this series.

Florida will wear them down and the Oilers will be exhausted by game 4.

Just give Florida the cup now.

Panthers in 5.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Not sure why Nurse and Ceci are getting ganged up on.

1st goal Ceci clearly motioned to Hyman to take the open Panthers player. Hyman doesn't skate a single step, he just glides and pretends he's backchecking. Easily could have prevented the goal

2nd was all Kane. He does a stick check at the blueline, but then like Hyman, he glides down and leaves ERod open for no apparent reason. In fact after Kane makes a fake defensive stick play as ERod shoots, he's already moving away from the play as if it's guaranteed the puck will go in and doesn't want to deal with a rebound.

Both Kane and Hyman knew their check was open, both knew their checks were in prime scoring spots. They just didn't care.

It’s hard not to blame Nurse and Ceci when they seem to be on the ice for every single goal against. Also Nurse was completely useless on the second goal against. He fell asleep and just let the puck go past him. He might as well not have been on the ice.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Why are oilers fans so mad / defensive , this stanley cup run is just gravy , ken holland is your gm be happy you made it this far , anything can happen when you have McDraivid
Were you lackadaisical when the Habs made the final a few years ago or did you wanted them to win?

Reactions: PuckG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad