SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Florid was rusty and didn’t seem fully prepared to play at full speed until the 3rd when they decided to just lock things down defensively, would be silly to think they come out as flat in game 2 now that they have the legs moving and know what to expect.

Bob played good but didn’t need to play above his usual levels and Florida capitalized on their chances. A few adjustments and they should be good to go

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Is anybody keeping a record of legit goals? To me it looked like only good goal was the Rodrigues one. The first one deflected from Skinner so that counts as a freak bounce? right? Also the last one was an empty netter so those shouldn't count.
Lolololol. Forever! Legit goals. Stat of the future

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The Panthers didn't need to play better. Had the game been in danger it is at least possible they would have changed how they were playing. It seems like everyone ignores that.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Is anybody keeping a record of legit goals? To me it looked like only good goal was the Rodrigues one. The first one deflected from Skinner so that counts as a freak bounce? right? Also the last one was an empty netter so those shouldn't count.
A goal is a goal is a goal. Legit goals are coming from the PlayStation or XBOX crowd who never played goal

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That’s your first mistake, no one cares about that franchise :sarcasm:
A zillion NYers down here, many many fabulous pizza makers. I had one delivered last night. Delicious, as usual.

Half a zillion Bostoners down here, have never heard “pizza like we do it in Boston”

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Florid was rusty and didn’t seem fully prepared to play at full speed until the 3rd when they decided to just lock things down defensively, would be silly to think they come out as flat in game 2 now that they have the legs moving and know what to expect.

Bob played good but didn’t need to play above his usual levels and Florida capitalized on their chances. A few adjustments and they should be good to go

The Vegas line on this series will probably move markedly by the midway point of game 2, if FLA continues to have issues dealing with the EDM forecheck I could see EDM moving to almost even money or a slight favorite, if FLA is up like 4-0 midway through it'll be FLA -500 probably. I think its a question now of if this is just a poor matchup for FLA or EDM got the so often seen what shoulda been dominant road team wins game 1 and loses game 2 easily. If they get the latter this thing might be over in 5 for FLA otherwise it might go 6-7

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Missed opportunity for Edmonton, they outplayed Florida but a couple bad defensive breakdowns cost them. Very strange and costly decision for Knoblauch to go back to Nurse Ceci pairing.

Bob definitely played well but the Oilers could have made it harder on him. He’s got great lateral movement and protects the bottom half of the net very well. Gotta shoot high on him but they kept playing right into his strengths shooting low and trying to stretch him out deking and he was all over it.

Still lots of hockey left, and the Oilers will make adjustments, it is encouraging that they were able to generate so much against the Cats, as many of their fans stated they give up a ton of odd man and breakaway gifts. I’m sure we’ll see them work at improving that the rest of the way but if Edmonton continues to generate like that they’ll break through.

It was a good first game though, great pace with good physical play.

Reactions: Stickpucker and BTO

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Missed opportunity for Edmonton, they outplayed Florida but a couple bad defensive breakdowns cost them. Very strange and costly decision for Knoblauch to go back to Nurse Ceci pairing.

Bob definitely played well but the Oilers could have made it harder on him. He’s got great lateral movement and protects the bottom half of the net very well. Gotta shoot high on him but they kept playing right into his strengths shooting low and trying to stretch him out deking and he was all over it.

Still lots of hockey left, and the Oilers will make adjustments, it is encouraging that they were able to generate so much against the Cats, as many of their fans stated they give up a ton of odd man and breakaway gifts. I’m sure we’ll see them work at improving that the rest of the way but if Edmonton continues to generate like that they’ll break through.

It was a good first game though, great pace with good physical play.
Sure. And Florida will make adjustments too. They will be much better in game 2.
Throw out the first game as the second will likely be a completely different script as we’ve seen throughout the playoffs.
Every Cup winner in my lifetime has had to win a few games where they didn’t play their best. None of this is surprising.

pomx

May 15, 2014
After 3 straight wins over Dallas, Kris Knoblauch decided to re-insert Foegele into the lineup, put Nurse-Ceci back together, and then load McDavid and Draisaitl in the 3rd period to completely nullify his other 3 forward lines.

You can tell he's a rookie NHL coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad