SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bob was indeed stellar making huge saves last night, but some are overlooking the third period.
Florida played some great shutdown hockey in the third, but they were the second best team on balance last night. Bob stood on his head for them like Skinner did for us in game 6 against Dallas.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Florida played some great shutdown hockey in the third, but they were the second best team on balance last night. Bob stood on his head for them like Skinner did for us in game 6 against Dallas.
Second best team if you don’t include the goalie as part of the team.
A bit of a strange take imo. Would you say Edmonton was the second best team if one of their superstars stole the game?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A bit of a strange take imo. Would you say Edmonton was the second best team if one of their superstars stole the game?
We get called a two man team all the time by detractors such as yourself. Does that make last night’s version of Florida a one man team?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Man some Edmonton fans crying that Bob stole a game when Mcdavid carrys them every single game is MASSIVE COPE. Didn’t you guys get outshot 35-10 and win game 6 in Dallas or does that not fit the narrative?
Ask any Oiler fan and they’ll tell you Skinner stole us that one. Why’s it so hard for you to admit that your goalie stole one for you?

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And it was better than what Edmonton got.

Florida scored a few minutes into the game. Did Bobrovsky put three past Skinner and the Oilers' amazing D as well?

The Oilers' superstar D?
No one put 3 past skinner.

Did you even watch the game?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Why? Sore loser Canucks fans have latched themselves onto a better team to feel an ounce of joy and y’all have infested this thread like cicadas. Edmonton played well enough to win, and didn’t, largely because of Bobrovsky. We’ll be defensive all we want.
100%. It’s disingenuous to pretend the Oilers skaters didn’t outplay the Panthers skaters for virtually the entire game in both possession and high danger scoring chances. Bob played outstanding for the Panthers and they won rightfully so. We’ll see if that’s a sustainable strategy over 7 games. It usually isn’t.

The toughness/physicality advantage was missing regardless.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I dont see how you can’t see that as a possibility lol. You’ve never seen your team sleepwalk through a game and a first liner score a couple goals and they win a game they didn’t deserve to? Strange stuff

Reactions: PuckG

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If I were Edmonton I’d be weary of Sam Rhienhart next game. He was our top scorer and was feeling things out as far as what areas of the net he could exploit. I’m sure he will be in the film room a bit. Mark this post.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

The90

Feb 27, 2017
100%. It’s disingenuous to pretend the Oilers skaters didn’t outplay the Panthers skaters for virtually the entire game in both possession and high danger scoring chances. Bob played outstanding for the Panthers and they won rightfully so. We’ll see if that’s a sustainable strategy over 7 games. It usually isn’t.

The toughness/physicality advantage was missing regardless.
For Bob it’s a bit more sustainable unfortunately. When he’s on, he’s really really good.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That was one of the best goaltending performances ive seen in a long time.

Panthers didnt look very good defensively in the first 2 periods.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Man some Edmonton fans crying that Bob stole a game when Mcdavid carrys them every single game is MASSIVE COPE. Didn’t you guys get outshot 35-10 and win game 6 in Dallas or does that not fit the narrative?
Dude, no one is crying. It’s an objective fact. The Oilers carried the play a lot of the game and Bob was incredible. He totally deserved the shutout.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
For Bob it’s a bit more sustainable unfortunately. When he’s on, he’s really really good.
If the Oilers continue to double up the Panthers on HDSC, I would expect him to budge at least a little. He’s certainly a tough one to crack.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I think the Oilers missed an opportunity last night. Panthers after a long break come back lethargic like they did Game 1 versus Boston.

A win like last night also gives Maurice some fuel to tell them they need to step it up and I think the Panthers will.

I just can't see a team with a second pairing of Ceci/Nurse and a goalie like Skinner who rocks a .897 SV% in these playoffs actually winning the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad