SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Rest of the league is envious of the Oilers not just because they have McDrai but also Nurse and Kane. Those two are setting the standard in toughness and the Panthers were afraid of antagonizing them. The Oilers might've lost this game due to refs bias but the Oilers have the mental advantage in this series.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
And it was better than what Edmonton got.

Florida scored a few minutes into the game. Did Bobrovsky put three past Skinner and the Oilers' amazing D as well?
Not sure what you're getting at. Oilers were the superior team, Cats got lucky that Bob stole the game. Everyone saw it, and everyone paid to have an opinion on the NHL is talking about it. 🤣

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
You do not start turtling with 46mins remaining on a 1goal lead :laugh:
"IdontKnowAnythingAboutHockeyJonlin" actually knows that if a goal is scored at 3.59 in the 1st, there is 56.01 minutes left. You dont seem to know that. Care to start watching hockey and not put up nonsense on a board?

Reactions: sanscosm

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Those were some interesting videos.
It's hilarious, it's half of my twitter feed by now.

I know that the majority of asshole fans is nowhere near as bad as that, just like every other team. There's just a really large contingent of people that are so desperate to win that they'll move heaven and earth to make themselves feel better. They don't seem to realize is that 7 games is a small sample size, so standout performances matter. McDrai putting up a goose egg in the biggest game of their lives and their #1 goalie letting a weak one in on the first shot, that stuff matters.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
It's hilarious, it's half of my twitter feed by now.

I know that the majority of asshole fans is nowhere near as bad as that, just like every other team. There's just a really large contingent of people that are so desperate to win that they'll move heaven and earth to make themselves feel better. They don't seem to realize is that 7 games is a small sample size, so standout performances matter. McDrai putting up a goose egg in the biggest game of their lives and their #1 goalie letting a weak one in on the first shot, that stuff matters.

Did they go ballistic last night?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The superior team better find the net, or else the superior team will be out in 4.
Yep.

Florida will be better in game 2 as well. Meanwhile, what you see with Edmonton is what you get. Very poor goaltending with even worse D (Nurse-Ceci) on the ice.

One of Nurse-Ceci won't be scratched in game two. They should be though.

I'd be stunned if this series last past 5 games.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Oilers dominated them. That was a game of men vs boys. Bobrovsky stole that one. They had no business winning it.

Panthers will need to elevate their game. Bob doing that through the whole series isn't sustainable, ask Igor Shesterkin who was regularly facing double the chances and double the shots of the oppositions goalie. It eventually catches up.

I think Panthers take the series, but I think it goes 7. Oilers showed they're nothing to take lightly. Game 1 was all about Bobrovsky and luck.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Evan Wain
@thisistheevan
·
Follow
The Oilers have had 50 goals against this playoff run.

Darnell Nurse has been on the ice for 26 of them.
Last edited
8:10 PM · Jun 8, 2024

Wow! Talk about unlucky!

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Oilers dominated them. That was a game of men vs boys. Bobrovsky stole that one. They had no business winning it.

Panthers will need to elevate their game. Bob doing that through the whole series isn't sustainable, ask Igor Shesterkin who was regularly facing double the chances and double the shots of the oppositions goalie. It eventually catches up.

I think Panthers take the series, but I think it goes 7. Oilers showed they're nothing to take lightly. Game 1 was all about Bobrovsky and luck.
Thing is, he doesn't need to steal games. Skinner is the opposite goalie. That in of itself is enough for Florida.

This series is a wrap if Edmonton doesn't win Monday. They aren't winning 4/5.

Evan Wain
@thisistheevan
·
Follow
The Oilers have had 50 goals against this playoff run.

Darnell Nurse has been on the ice for 26 of them.
Last edited
8:10 PM · Jun 8, 2024
And yet...they keep playing him.

HC really let them down last night.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Rest of the league is envious of the Oilers not just because they have McDrai but also Nurse and Kane. Those two are setting the standard in toughness and the Panthers were afraid of antagonizing them. The Oilers might've lost this game due to refs bias but the Oilers have the mental advantage in this series.
Wow. Reffing totally favored the Oilers in game 1. Obvious to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad