SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is anybody keeping a record of legit goals? To me it looked like only good goal was the Rodrigues one. The first one deflected from Skinner so that counts as a freak bounce? right? Also the last one was an empty netter so those shouldn't count.
I've been doing that and Tampa is actually playing in the finals with this method.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Florida has made the decision to not only sign a two-time Vezina winner for $10m but to also pay $4.5m for their young backup / goalie of the future.

The Oilers are riding $2.3m Skinner with $750k Pickard as backup. Their man Campbell has his $5m buried in the minors.

That money Florida is spending on goalies is away from somewhere else and there was a time they were ridiculed for that contract. The goaltender is an integral part of the team and it was probably the first game these playoffs they really had to ride Bob hard to get the win. Not that he hasn't played well for them and there's been games he had to make some big saves to prevent them from getting goalied by Swayman or Shesty, but this is probably the first game these playoffs you could say they needed him to steal.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
When Connor has a bad game he comes back strong in the next one.
I know that. I just have a big problem with him beeing the best player in the game and the fastest, but only offensively. He could also be fast back-checking, but doesnt seem to care too much. He just want points and expect others to do the dirty work. Crosby atleast played 2-ways.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I know that. I just have a big problem with him beeing the best player in the game and the fastest, but only offensively. He could also be fast back-checking, but doesnt seem to care too much. He just want points and expect others to do the dirty work. Crosby atleast played 2-ways.
I can’t believe we’re in 2024, where McDavid has brought the oilers to the SCF, and this “McDavid only cares about offense” nonsense actually still exists.

There’s absolutely no way you watched last nights game if you think he didn’t play great both ends of the ice. He was by far the most dangerous player on the ice, and made multiple great defensive plays as well

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

You can just tell us you didn't watch the game, it's quicker.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Florida played awful and still won. Yikes. Oilers played really well. Need to get the next one.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I can’t believe we’re in 2024, where McDavid has brought the oilers to the SCF, and this “McDavid only cares about offense” nonsense actually still exists.

There’s absolutely no way you watched last nights game if you think he didn’t play great both ends of the ice. He was by far the most dangerous player on the ice, and made multiple great defensive plays as well

McDavid clearly isn't all about offense because he couldn't bury a single goal past Bobrovsky who's an overpaid washed up bum. Even though the Oilers were the better team, McDrai has to step up big time.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Panthers will watch film and figure out what they need and how to adjust. Game 2 is almost a must win for the Oilers who gave it their best shot. We easily could be looking at a 0-2 Oiler team.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Excellent road game for the Oilers, and well prepared. Their fate should have been different, but that happens sometimes when you go against one of the best goaltenders in the world.

Panthers capitalized on their chances, but were definitely rusty with the layoff. Very similar to Game 1 against the Bruins. They will only get better from tomorrow on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad