SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Physical battles are fine. But if Bennet throws a concussing glove punch or Tkachuk blind sides someone in the head, I wouldn’t be surprised.
The Panthers are not caged animals, they are very disciplined and gritty, that is what you will see.

Reactions: MaWa

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
They were the 2nd most penalized team in the regular season, and tied for 1st in the playoffs. No?
Most of the penalties in the playoffs, happened in one game, both teams got out of hand.
Like I said, after the regular season, they switched their play to a disciplined play.
All Bussiness, that is how they have been winning. No cap!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They were the 2nd most penalized team in the regular season, and tied for 1st in the playoffs. No?
“Meanwhile, 67 of the Panthers' 71 penalty minutes came in the third period.“
-game 2 vs Boston.

And, yes, You have been dismissive of most everything good said about the Panthers. “We heard that about Dallas” “but,but, but, points!”
A little self-awareness will go a long way :thumbu:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
“Meanwhile, 67 of the Panthers' 71 penalty minutes came in the third period.“
-game 2 vs Boston.

And, yes, You have been dismissive of most everything good said about the Panthers. “We heard that about Dallas” “but,but, but, points!”
A little self-awareness will go a long way :thumbu:
You guys aren't very good at this..

I pointed out that they were the 2nd most penalized team in the regular season, and tied for most in the playoff. Neither of those being incorrect, my apologies for not taking a deep dive into when those penalties were taken in each game.

Oiler fans have heard basically all this same stuff before the series against Dallas. Is that not true?

I believe the Stars were a deeper team than the Panthers, yes. That doesn't mean that the Stars are a better team than the Panthers. Also, that's called an opinion that actually favour my side, when you look at statistics.

Sensitive bunch, yikes. "Self-Awareness" though eh, that's ironic.

• Haha
Reactions: TotalHomer

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
While I can see both teams winning this the fact virtually the entire Panthers roster have faced the enormous pressure of a Cup final (and so recently) could tilt things in their favor.

One very obvious way it goes against them if is if they can't come up with an answer for the Oilers' absolutely ridiculous special teams dominance this year.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I pointed out that they were the 2nd most penalized team in the regular season, and tied for most in the playoff. Neither of those being incorrect, my apologies for not taking a deep dive into when those penalties were taken in each game.

I think if you just look at total penalty minutes it counts the misconducts (which were handed out like candy to both teams at that one game vs Bruins as has been pointed out). The Panthers have actually spent 5 minutes less on 4v5 PK than the Oilers, in one less game, so practically even.

Reactions: Ratsreign

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
While I can see both teams winning this the fact virtually the entire Panthers roster have faced the enormous pressure of a Cup final (and so recently) could tilt things in their favor.

One very obvious way it goes against them if is if they can't come up with an answer for the Oilers' absolutely ridiculous special teams dominance this year.
That is actually why I have them losing. I think experience is important, but they just came off one of the more grueling cup runs I have seen, and the emotional wear of that run combined with a long regular season makes it more likely that the Panthers might not have their legs.

Someone above posted just above how '67 of the Panther's 71 penalty minutes came in the 3rd period' and I think that stat is very telling. I watched most of their games this run, and they absolutely look like the flatter team in OT. Their 2 losses to the Rangers last series was in OT, and the only OT they won was that goal Reinhart scored in the first minute(on the PP no less).

Look for Oilers legs to be fresher as this series to goes on, I have Oilers in 7 for this very reason.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
So Bob who is a Vezina finalist, and has been stellar for 2 straight playoffs, will flounder now, but Skinner, who has been trash for all but some games in these playoffs, will continue his recent good play. Gotcha.
Goalie Bob has had issues flying, he doesn't like it. It's one thing for a 1 - 2 hour flight in the same time zone versus a 6+ hour flight through 3 time zones.
And goalie Bob loses a lot of weight every game and he had dehydration issues.
Again, 1 - 2 hours in a plane is a lot less than 6+ hours and a border crossing.
Edmonton will be more used to long flights through time zones.
Don't have to wait too long now though.
Finally the finals star today

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
As an Oiler, Kane plays a hard game. Buts it’s clean. Never wacked a guy in the head with his stick on purpose, that’s for sure.
Let's not act like he's Saint Evander. He's chippy and I've seen him make dirty hits as an Oiler

Truth be told, I like the rough and tumble style of play and am looking forward to all the extra curricular activities this series has the potential to offer

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That is actually why I have them losing. I think experience is important, but they just came off one of the more grueling cup runs I have seen, and the emotional wear of that run combined with a long regular season makes it more likely that the Panthers might not have their legs.

Someone above posted just above how '67 of the Panther's 71 penalty minutes came in the 3rd period' and I think that stat is very telling. I watched most of their games this run, and they absolutely look like the flatter team in OT. Their 2 losses to the Rangers last series was in OT, and the only OT they won was that goal Reinhart scored in the first minute(on the PP no less).

Look for Oilers legs to be fresher as this series to goes on, I have Oilers in 7 for this very reason.
The Rangers getting the goal in the 2OTs, aside. As the series went along the games followed a similar pattern, the Panthers took over more as the game went through the second and especially in the third.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
The Rangers getting the goal in the 2OTs, aside. As the series went along the games followed a similar pattern, the Panthers took over more as the game went through the second and especially in the third.
I disagree. I think the Panthers' best game was game 1, they thoroughly dominated the Rangers and had fresh legs. The Panthers gassing late in games allowed the Rangers to go on scoring runs, and let the Rangers hang around in the series longer than they probably should have. Most of Rangers' goals came off rushes through the neutral zone where they just burned slower moving Panther defenders that had no legs.

Reactions: theguardianII

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Goalie Bob has had issues flying, he doesn't like it. It's one thing for a 1 - 2 hour flight in the same time zone versus a 6+ hour flight through 3 time zones.
And goalie Bob loses a lot of weight every game and he had dehydration issues.
Again, 1 - 2 hours in a plane is a lot less than 6+ hours and a border crossing.
Edmonton will be more used to long flights through time zones.
Don't have to wait too long now though.
Finally the finals star today
Just on the used to flying point. Look where Sunrise is located. The Panthers are used to a lot of time spent on an airplane, too. Maybe not as much as Edmonton, but it’s not like they are a Metro team within a bus ride range of many of their opponents. Bob during the regular season would routinely not play the first game of a road trip, but would play the next games after traveling and play just fine.

Reactions: theguardianII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad