SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
OT but I never got the hype that band. Outside of the drummer it was a whole lot of meh.
Their first two albums were relly, really good, imo. Their drummer is great.

I think this song might be about this thread :sarcasm:
Shits adds up from the bottom....

Reactions: floridada

Thomas Tatar

Records actually show that often the winner of regular season matchups also wins the playoff series. Just can't seem to find it right now, maybe someone else has a clue about this too?

Edit: picture
Did you read the second part?

The team that wins the regular season has a 6-12 losing record when meeting the other team in the Stanley Cup Finals. Fascinating.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Just on the used to flying point. Look where Sunrise is located. The Panthers are used to a lot of time spent on an airplane, too. Maybe not as much as Edmonton, but it’s not like they are a Metro team within a bus ride range of many of their opponents. Bob during the regular season would routinely not play the first game of a road trip, but would play the next games after traveling and play just fine.
That could be a problem if Edmonton splits the first two games, then could be as many as 4 trans continental 6+ hour flights with little time for recovery.
I just noticed the league has done something brand new, 2 days off between games. That will make a difference. Still one day for travel. That might work even better for the Oilers.
I just think all that flying will have repercussions with Bob and/or injuries.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No matter who wins there was waaaaaay too long of a break between the conference finals and game 1 of the cup final.

Game 7 is scheduled for the 24th. Today is the 8th. It's a complete joke.
When is game five? That’s the day the Panthers will celebrate with the Cup.

Reactions: IceManCat

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
The longer the series goes the more it favors the Panthers. They grind teams down.
They really don't. They should have gentleman's sweeped the Rangers but look flat out worn down during many moments of that series. They should have finished Boston off at home but decided to get on another plane to do it in game 6. Even in the series versus the Nikita Kucherov's they played with their food in game 4.

Also pay attention ya Total Homer. All the series the Oilers were in favored them as the series went on. Oilers were down in both of their last series.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
You guys aren't very good at this..

I pointed out that they were the 2nd most penalized team in the regular season, and tied for most in the playoff. Neither of those being incorrect, my apologies for not taking a deep dive into when those penalties were taken in each game.

Oiler fans have heard basically all this same stuff before the series against Dallas. Is that not true?

I believe the Stars were a deeper team than the Panthers, yes. That doesn't mean that the Stars are a better team than the Panthers. Also, that's called an opinion that actually favour my side, when you look at statistics.

Sensitive bunch, yikes. "Self-Awareness" though eh, that's ironic.
We heard all of this with Boston and Rangers, and we kept saying, "just wait" I understand that you are rooting for your team as I, bit ignoring and skipping facts, it always corrects at the end, so, I say to you, "just wait".

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
They really don't. They should have gentleman's sweeped the Rangers but look flat out worn down during many moments of that series. They should have finished Boston off at home but decided to get on another plane to do it in game 6. Even in the series versus the Nikita Kucherov's they played with their food in game 4.

Also pay attention ya Total Homer. All the series the Oilers were in favored them as the series went on. Oilers were down in both of their last series.

None of those teams were grinders though. We are a bunch of grinders Mac, you haven't seen the likes of us yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad