SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bennett is the most likely candidate to get it into scrums,
People here have not been watching the Panthers, they were grittier last year, not this year, this year is all Bussiness, even Katchuckbis a very disciplined player this year.

You will be disappointed, expecting physical battles, you will see some in the first game, but from there on.
Physical battles are fine. But if Bennet throws a concussing glove punch or Tkachuk blind sides someone in the head, I wouldn’t be surprised.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
More like Hyman didn’t think he could make the team which was ironic considering we sucked.
Hyman, now, is far from the player he was when the Panthers traded his rights in the summer of 2015 for Greg McKegg (who is currently a member of Oilers' AHL team). Hyman is a guy who never stopped working on his game. There's a reason why he has set career highs in goals, each of the last 3 seasons, obviously playing with McDavid is huge. But McDavid has had plenty of line mates over his career, and only 2 have ever put up 50 plus goal seasons... Draisaitl and Hyman.

Reactions: Duke74

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I pick the Oilers for a few reasons.
From my experience and observations.
While goaltending is supposed to favour Florida I am not so sure.
Most folks forget that Bobrovsky has had issues with flying in the past and the last couple of years he hasn't had to endure the type of travel he will now. He doesn't like flying. It was quite an issue a few years ago. And dehydration issues he was having.
I don't think games 3 and 4 on he will be the same goalie.

Edmonton can play fast or slow.

Edmonton has the upper hand on the PP.

Edmonton's defence will still be an issue though.
Kane will need to shed about 6 years, right now Bennett is Kane 6 years ago, IMO he might be the guy they need to watch the most.

The Oilers learned in the Vancouver series, while Vancouver wasn't as deep or skilled as Florida they had a better defence and it forced Edmonton to take a step up. They will be much better prepared for Florida.

Then there is McDavid, fast game or slow he has a game Florida hasn't seen more than 4 times the last 2 years. Dras can be a monster, those two even with the west knowing them and seeing them much more have a hard time covering them, Florida is in for some fun chasing their games.

Florida has a heavy game if they can get their timing down.

Defence leans a little towards Florida in skill but the Oilers should be able to be more physical. Nurse just has to wait for the hits to come to him and not chase after them.
To win the war the Oilers might have to establish their wills early. Maybe a tilt or two. Neither team really has those nuclear deterrents but there are warriors, Bennett for Florida especially.

Overall I think it will be goalie Bob that stumbles.

So Bob who is a Vezina finalist, and has been stellar for 2 straight playoffs, will flounder now, but Skinner, who has been trash for all but some games in these playoffs, will continue his recent good play. Gotcha.

Reactions: theguardianII

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So Bob who is a Vezina finalist, and has been stellar for 2 straight playoffs, will flounder now, but Skinner, who has been trash for all but some games in these playoffs, will continue his recent good play. Gotcha.

But he never mentioned Skinner at all....he merely made an observation on Bob.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
One of these games were literally this current season…. Not last season. (December 2023)

Oh yeah, but last season them being 1-1-0 in the regular season isn't as good for my narrative ya know?

Lol

My bad. Good catch.

In any case - I don't think two games pre knobber mean a while lot. Just ask Canucks fans.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oh yeah, but last season them being 1-1-0 in the regular season isn't as good for my narrative ya know?

Lol

My bad. Good catch.

In any case - I don't think two games pre knobber mean a while lot. Just ask Canucks fans.

Actually....Knoblauch was hired Nov12.
We played the Panthers on Nov 20 and Dec 16.

But yeah, all these Nostradamus' out there...

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I am especially pumped for the Barkov/McDavid matchup, if McDavid can finally be the one to end Barkov's shutdown spree, or if Barkov can actually contain McDavid.

But also, the Panthers PK vs the Oilers PP is an excellent matchup as well

Panthers PK shutdown the 1st and 3rd best PP in the league. Both of which were on the level of the Oilers PP. But Oilers PP has been on fire, and as much as the LA Kings were overall mediocre for a playoff team, they still had the 2nd best PK coming into the POs, and it got absolutely lit up. Did pretty well against Dallas who were just below the top defensive teams.

Should be some great hockey.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean, you already replied to that post yesterday.. I'm not sure why you feel the need to reply again.

I don't quite understand your point. What does me being an Oiler fan have to do with anything? If you're suggesting I'm being a huge homer or something in this thread, please, find me a few examples.

I don't think your the voice of reason you may believe you are.
It means you can't be objective. Which is quite obvious with your Florida evaluation.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hyman, now, is far from the player he was when the Panthers traded his rights in the summer of 2015 for Greg McKegg (who is currently a member of Oilers' AHL team). Hyman is a guy who never stopped working on his game. There's a reason why he has set career highs in goals, each of the last 3 seasons, obviously playing with McDavid is huge. But McDavid has had plenty of line mates over his career, and only 2 have ever put up 50 plus goal seasons... Draisaitl and Hyman.
I agree. He developed excellent. Very good player.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Was a fabulous indicator last year. I'm sure it will be again.

View attachment 880453
Records actually show that often the winner of regular season matchups also wins the playoff series. Just can't seem to find it right now, maybe someone else has a clue about this too?

Edit: picture

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad