SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
This one week break before the finals is waaaay too short. Next year Bettman should consider having the cup final in August, may as well give both teams 6 weeks off to relax and heal up. 🙄
Why does it bother you so much? Does it interfere with your personal schedule? I'd recommend a pvr

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
But your post seemed to imply that Oilers fans, by and large, think it will be a route of the Panthers. That's just not the case.
Bolded was the part you added. No need to make inferences. It's been the same 5 posters shitting on every FLA fan who makes the mistake of remarking here. Maybe 15 percent of the posts are thoughtful discourse. Anyone visiting this thread regularly knows it.

Hockey soon. Moving on.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
These teams have so many differences and yet it just all comes down to who makes the least mistakes less penalties and no doubt both teams will be rusty. This first game Iis just downright scary.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Bolded was the part you added. No need to make inferences. It's been the same 5 posters shitting on every FLA fan who makes the mistake of remarking here. Maybe 15 percent of the posts are thoughtful discourse. Anyone visiting this thread regularly knows it.

Hockey soon. Moving on.
Your summary was one-sided and inaccurate.

That thoughtful discourse, though...

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
These teams have so many differences and yet it just all comes down to who makes the least mistakes less penalties and no doubt both teams will be rusty. This first game Iis just downright scary.
It's tough to say the Oilers will definitely continue their PK streak, but it's also tough to say that whoever takes fewer penalties will have a significant advantage. You have to score on the powerplay for that to be really meaningful. The Stars PP was running at 29% before getting blanked by the Oilers. The Panthers are at 23.3%. It may be a better fit to crack the Oilers PK, but it might not be.

I'm personally nervous that Florida just has the right mix of style and players to break down the Oilers defense (assuming Bobrovsky stays on his game).

But it's two great teams, and it'll be a fun series.

Now, if only the NHL wouldn't keep squandering opportunities like this.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Why does it bother you so much? Does it interfere with your personal schedule? I'd recommend a pvr

It’s not me, it’s the players who hate it. It takes them out of their rhythm when they’re so used to playing every 2nd night for the last 6 weeks. They just want to get this thing started. Also, many people will lose interest if things just pause all of a sudden.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
It’s not me, it’s the players who hate it. It takes them out of their rhythm when they’re so used to playing every 2nd night for the last 6 weeks. They just want to get this thing started. Also, many people will lose interest if things just pause all of a sudden.
I've heard a bunch of player's say they think it's good. Heals some guys up and makes everybody fresh.

Sometimes anticipation helps with audiences. We can't help if Americans don't give a shit

Canadians will be all in.

Reactions: Duke74

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It's tough to say the Oilers will definitely continue their PK streak, but it's also tough to say that whoever takes fewer penalties will have a significant advantage. You have to score on the powerplay for that to be really meaningful. The Stars PP was running at 29% before getting blanked by the Oilers. The Panthers are at 23.3%. It may be a better fit to crack the Oilers PK, but it might not be.

I'm personally nervous that Florida just has the right mix of style and players to break down the Oilers defense (assuming Bobrovsky stays on his game).

But it's two great teams, and it'll be a fun series.

Now, if only the NHL wouldn't keep squandering opportunities like this.

lol Vezina candidate Bob is the last person on the ice to be worried about. It’s the guy at the other end you should be really worried about, who had to be saved by Pickard in Round 2 or else his team wouldnt even be here.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I trust Boston and NYR fans assessment of hockey. They are correct here. It's not even controversial to say, the dirtier team in the playoffs always gets the officiating advantage cause of Game Management. The refs can't and won't call EVERYTHING, so anything they let go, that's a playoff favor to the Cats.
The word is grit, not dirty.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I mean, you already replied to that post yesterday.. I'm not sure why you feel the need to reply again.

I don't quite understand your point. What does me being an Oiler fan have to do with anything? If you're suggesting I'm being a huge homer or something in this thread, please, find me a few examples.

I don't think your the voice of reason you may believe you are.
You're not a huge homer? Really? :huh:

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Florida's "meanness" is severely overrated due to playing Eastern teams, the only guy who drops the mitts is <200lb Bennett
Bennett is the most likely candidate to get it into scrums,
People here have not been watching the Panthers, they were grittier last year, not this year, this year is all Bussiness, even Katchuckbis a very disciplined player this year.

It’s often a fine line between those two words. Considering the dirtbags that Florida employs, I’m leaning towards dirty until shown otherwise.
You will be disappointed, expecting physical battles, you will see some in the first game, but from there on.

Reactions: SavoieSeason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad