SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
The greatest possible Stanley cup matchup would have been New York vs Edmonton, this is the next best thing. McDavid in the finals is what hockey is all about. Edmonton's return to glory and one of the most passionate fanbase in all of sports vs the back to back Stanley cup finalists on a revenge tour. A machine who is only going to grow the game in South Florida even more.

TV ratings might get shattered.

I can't wait. Hang on to your seats folks. Grown men are going to weep. LFG !!!!!!

Reactions: Esteban

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
King and Canucks not exactly world beaters. Have either of them won a round onnthe ladt decade?
Stars were missing their number one center part of the series.
Both teams are better than their opponents that's no secret.

Best series of the play offs so far

Funny , the best series of the play offs so far is still the Knights Stars in the first round.
The stars #1 guy went shot less in two straight games lol

EDM when 7 games with a Vancouver team that has small d-core. I don't think people realize how dominate Fla. has been because elite goalies have kept others in games.

Edmonton struggled when Dallas on the forecheck when they started playing heavy below the blue line. If they can't handle Dallas doing that they have .000001 chance vs Fla.
Edmonton did not struggle. They turtled and went Vancouver Canuck in game 6, which I hated. They didn't struggle before that... They can't do that against Florida with a lead

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
not that regular season stats mean much, but the Oilers are 12-2 in Sunrise since 2002

pretty crazy stat
I barely Remeber those games but I Remeber they were right when we hired knob? Didn't pickard play both?

5v5 possession was dead even. High danger chances, I think Florida had one more both games

Oilers blew 2-0 lead in the first one

Bob was amazing period 1 game 2 then Florida took over

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
It's embarrassing that Lebrun would say that. Well, I'm not sure if it's embarrassing to say it, or embarrassing because it's true. The ability of a team to execute on the powerplay should have no impact whatsoever on whether or not penalties are called. Therefore, there should be no additional pressure on the referees. Just call the infractions on their own merit.

Maybe he's just saying the quiet part out loud.
This is how it always is. Just look at that game 1 vs Dallas. Refs didn't find one penalty on them. It was a too many men.

They will manage the series. NHL doesn't just call things by the book

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I definitely can't wait for the actual game to start so we can stop seeing people spend hours designing elaborate symbolic logic arguments.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Why the f*** do we have to wait till June 8th for the Cup finals to start. NHL is a joke. May as well have game 7 of the Finals planned for Canada day at this point.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
The greatest possible Stanley cup matchup would have been New York vs Edmonton, this is the next best thing. McDavid in the finals is what hockey is all about. Edmonton's return to glory and one of the most passionate fanbase in all of sports vs the back to back Stanley cup finalists on a revenge tour. A machine who is only going to grow the game in South Florida even more.

TV ratings might get shattered.

I can't wait. Hang on to your seats folks. Grown men are going to weep. LFG !!!!!!
Going to respectfully disagree in that New York v. Los Angeles is the best matchup for the league.
Two massive markets, two time zones, two media juggernauts is exactly what we should all hope for, excepting our own teams.

McDavid is a great draw but media has been ultra-cringe with its obsession on his production.
That's perhaps the biggest impediment to non-Oilers fan to jump in; if McDavid had been an elite defensive forward like Barkov, and produced less, this would be a chess match instead of checkers.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
This is how it always is. Just look at that game 1 vs Dallas. Refs didn't find one penalty on them. It was a too many men.

They will manage the series. NHL doesn't just call things by the book
There were missed calls against Dallas, but it didn't bother me too much because they were remarkably disciplined. But your point is well taken, and it's the McDavid reality. Call the game as you should, and the Oilers will be on the powerplay the whole time. Obstruction/interference is the gameplan for him.

Reactions: Dieseloil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad