SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Florida sweep. The ultimate heartbreak will be that much more devastating and painful for the greasers.
I don't think I've seen anyone be wrong so much in my life. That a serious talent to literally never be right about anything ever, even luck should allow you to have a solid take every once in awhile, but nope. always wrong. impressive stuff.

Reactions: voxel

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
These were the two best teams this postseason and they both deserve to be here. I don't see the opponents they've beaten as particularly worthy of debate. The Rangers and the Stars were both heavyweights in their own right.

This should be some good friggin' hockey.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Nothing would really shock me... Well, Edmonton winning comfortably in 4 or 5 would, but outside of that...

From what I've seen Florida has been the more impressive team up to this point. I think they will win, and wouldn't be surprised if they win comfortably. Then again, last year they entered the final on like a 11-1 run, and then sorta got rolled over. Last year's run also had elements of riding a hot goalie and winning a bunch of coin flip games, this year it seems like they have been pretty consistently, from game to game, the better team.

While I feel comfortable picking Florida to win, I can't help but think I'm underrating the Oilers. I was sorta expecting this year's WCF to be similar to '22 where they were pretty much hanging on for dear life the entire time, but instead, outside of last night, from what I saw, I thought they were clearly the better team. I guess when a team/organization has been LOLWUT for so long, it takes a lot to be convinced they have turned a corner, and not much (example: last night's game) to think... whelp, maybe not. Like as a Leaf fan, they could enter the '25 Cup Final 94-0 and I still wouldn't have much faith.

So with all that said, Florida in 6.

Edit: Screw it... Oilers in 7.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We shut down Matthews too, and he is the best player in the world no? LMAO

Or are we done with those sad discussions this season?

You mean last year when he had an obvious off year?

Look, I would rather the Panthers win the cup than the Oilers. Oilers fans are the worst. I am just not confident in the Panthers finishing the job.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You mean last year when he had an obvious off year?

Look, I would rather the Panthers win the cup than the Oilers. Oilers fans are the worst. I am just not confident in the Panthers finishing the job.
Every year is an off year for Dr. Forehead.

This series will be worth it just for the Leafs fans mental gymnastics, which terrible classic takes will be proven wrong this time? We will have to wait and see....

I hope the Oilers fans appreciate how now they need you guys to do their dirty work, classic.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Pasta got shut down by the Leafs too, and the Ranger's trio shut themselves down lmao.

I've been trying to get them to understand this stuff but they just laugh emoji my comment and never address the points. It's all good I get it, I would be excited if I was in their place as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Then I go onto pump Florida's tires. But you didn't quote the entire post.

I will say this I was quite impressed with the in game experience and how much panthers support I saw in Lauderdale. But if you think its remotely close to the effect it would have positively on a Canadian city in just about anyway you're dreaming. People I'm Canada dream of this moment their entire lives. It's all people talk about, streets and even cities shut down. The economy would boom, it would have real life positive effects.

Sorry I should have worded it differently. But the passion isn't remotely close to the same level. There are some hard core panthers fans but it's not the same. You guys can move on to your NFL, NBA MLB or MLS team. You have experienced multiple major championships. Small market Canadian cities get none of that.

That being said, Florida should win they're a much more complete team and a very bad matchup for Edmonton.

Embarrassing post. Florida beat three great teams. Of all fans a leaf fan talking shit lol. Such an embarrassment. 0 self awareness.
Because the first sentence was just pure tripe, why even say it. It’s amazing that more people in Canada are “hard core” hockey fans, it’s a great mystery as to why.

I, for one, (and not the only one) could not care less about the Phins, the Heat, or the Marlins, or the new soccer team with the stupid name.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Think Florida is going to take it. It feels rare for a team to lose in the finals two years in a row. Normally you gain the experience from your first trip then win the second time.

Reactions: Laus723

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Because the first sentence was just pure tripe, why even say it. It’s amazing that more people in Canada are “hard core” hockey fans, it’s a great mystery as to why.

I, for one, (and not the only one) could not care less about the Phins, the Heat, or the Marlins, or the new soccer team with the stupid name.

You are seriously trying to suggest the Panthers fanbase is as hardcore as Canadian ones? Come on man

People don't laugh with you...

Only ones who think I am out to lunch are Panthers fans...

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I've been trying to get them to understand this stuff but they just laugh emoji my comment and never address the points. It's all good I get it, I would be excited if I was in their place as well.

I mean whats there to adress? we are in the finals 2nd year straight? you can twist and turn on every little detail you can find to make the case for this being a fluke or whatever, but if it's this easy? where are the Leafs?

Enjoy hockey in June instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad