SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You beat the 114 pts Rangers, not the 128 pts Lightning or 135 pts Bruins. As for the rest, congrats, but it doesn't actually disprove anything I said above, since those are all facts.
Your post was a joke, they had a very tough route. Had to beat 3 of the top 5 goalies in the league against veteran teams with lots of playoff experience. One team was a presidents trophy winner the other has multiple cups in the last 4 years and one had 109 points. You are being a hater and its not adding anything to the conversation.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
This whole "cheer for Canada" thing is so overblown. No one in Canada would cheer for Toronto (unless it's the Raptors or Jays, then it's the whole "Canada's team" thing). Most of Canada cheered against Vancouver in 2011, and I know most Leaf and Sens fans wanted Tampa to wreck Montreal a few years back. Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver would never cheer for each other. Winnipeg? Probably the same.

The Boston Pizza marketing team should be fired into the f***ing sun. What a cringe campaign.
I would cheer for Sens, but thats about it. I hate the Jays. Hard to like Vladdy, Bichette, Atkins, Shapiro

Jan 13, 2023
Your post was a joke, they had a very tough route. Had to beat 3 of the top 5 goalies in the league against veteran teams with lots of playoff experience. One team was a presidents trophy winner the other has multiple cups in the last 4 years and one had 109 points. You are being a hater and it’s not adding anything to the conversation.
Neither Tampa or Boston were considered to be contenders at any point in the year. How tough of a route does that make for?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Neither Tampa or Boston were considered to be contenders at any point in the year. How tough of a route does that make for?
Did you even read my post? They are certainly tough teams to beat they werent playing Washington or L.A. Both have winning pedigree. But secondly how was it in Floridas control exactly? You play who you play, but to think it was an easy route I have to question your ability to evaluate the sport.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
This whole "cheer for Canada" thing is so overblown. No one in Canada would cheer for Toronto (unless it's the Raptors or Jays, then it's the whole "Canada's team" thing). Most of Canada cheered against Vancouver in 2011, and I know most Leaf and Sens fans wanted Tampa to wreck Montreal a few years back. Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver would never cheer for each other. Winnipeg? Probably the same.

The Boston Pizza marketing team should be fired into the f***ing sun. What a cringe campaign.

It's annoying. They are OUR Oilers. Then the media asks the question to our stars. Like what are they supposed to say? Certainly not what I am about to....

Just because our country lacks a true identity and "you" suddenly found something to rally behind does not make it "your" team.

Every other opportunity previous to ridicule or criticize "you" took and now because of some sort of anti-American bullshit need for some patriotism you decided to hitch a bandwagon to our horse? It's f***ing embarrassing.

We endured the decade of darkness, the humiliation of 4 first overalls (that continues today), we were so desperate for change we held draft parties, found bullshit acronyms out players names (anyone remember HOPE.....Hall, Omark, Paajarvi, Eberle).

But now you think you can hitch up and call it your team because it gives you some sort of pride? f*** that. Where were "you people" before?

Cheer for the Oilers if you must....but they will always be OUR team. NOT Canada's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad