SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Has something to do with some of your own lunatics I think, why not check these guys at the door yourselves?
There's just as many trolls to counteract the idiot fans.

That said, the usual suspects are surprisingly absent from this thread so far. I guess they're taking the Stars loss pretty hard.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Really psyched for this one! Both teams took very different paths, but both equally deserve to be here – as SC Finalists always do.

Florida is clearly the favourite, with a roster that's 'built for the playoffs', meaning a stronger back end and more punishing style of play. They're the immovable force.

The Oilers are the irresistible object, with whatstheirnames up front plus a handful of quality forwards. The surprise has been how relentless their defence has been. Their skating is insanely good. If they can smother Florida's forecheck like they did to Dallas, this could be a cool underdog story.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Agreed. Just call them Shatkins. And both should be gassed. But hey, the stadium has really nice cup holders.
I was in last summer. First time in since 90's. 22$ for a beer.
I just cant cheer for the Jays. I kinda switched to the Yanks. Hopefully the Expos come back and I got my ball team back. Im small market all the way
Green Bay
Edmonton

Both my teams destroyed Dallas this year . I love it

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This whole "cheer for Canada" thing is so overblown. No one in Canada would cheer for Toronto (unless it's the Raptors or Jays, then it's the whole "Canada's team" thing). Most of Canada cheered against Vancouver in 2011, and I know most Leaf and Sens fans wanted Tampa to wreck Montreal a few years back. Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver would never cheer for each other. Winnipeg? Probably the same.

The Boston Pizza marketing team should be fired into the f***ing sun. What a cringe campaign.

Yeah, at least none of the hardcores really care about it.

Actually, yhe streak has gotten so big now that each fanbase I think wants to be the one that breaks it.

Personally, this resonated with me more during pre cap when most Canadian teams were not spending much, because there was a David vs Goliath aspect to it..... like Dallas versus Edmonton in the 90s for example.

But now the spending is alot more balanced, so you can't play off that kind of storyline.

Jan 13, 2023
Gotcha, you just presented some nonsense and didn't like the reply.
All good, have a good day.
Let me show you nonsense.
Holy f***, I’m not one to get cocky by any means, but you beat a Kings team with that joke Dubois and an AHLer in net. Got lucky with a Boeser illness in game 7 against a 3rd string goalie and had a defenseman suspended for one game that series, and faced a team in the Stars with two 40 year olds and a defense that had Petrovic on it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I see a lot of Florida fans saying that the Oilers haven't faced a team like them before. ...That's true.

But I think the opposite is true as well. McDavid and Draisatl can and have won series all by themselves. Bouchard/Ekholm is legit one of, if not the best pairing in the league. They can shut teams down. Obviously they need Skinner to play well, that's the X-factor here.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I see a lot of Florida fans saying that the Oilers haven't faced a team like them before. ...That's true.

But I think the opposite is true as well. McDavid and Draisatl can and have won series all by themselves. Bouchard/Ekholm is legit one of, if not the best pairing in the league. They can shut teams down. Obviously they need Skinner to play well, that's the X-factor here.
Fair and coherent analysis

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Let me show you nonsense.
You’re getting blasted all over the thread. Figure it out.

Yes. Thank you. The teams match up well and will be a good series.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Love McDavid, and the greats always win eventually, I just think Florida is a better team. Florida in 6 unless McDavid has an all-time great performance (which wouldn't shock me).

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I've been trying to get them to understand this stuff but they just laugh emoji my comment and never address the points. It's all good I get it, I would be excited if I was in their place as well.
We fully understand the challenge that Florida presents. They have the most complete team of any that the Oilers have faced so far.

I'm happy that the Oilers are still flying a little bit under the radar with most fan bases. The narratives still being pushed are, at this point, just pure entertainment.

Truth is, both these clubs can be dominant. I expect a very good series full of great hockey and multiple momentum shifts.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022

I think it comes down to depth Florida is just strong from top to bottom but more invesigation is needed before I can make a call.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Think Florida is going to take it. It feels rare for a team to lose in the finals two years in a row. Normally you gain the experience from your first trip then win the second time.
Not sure that's true. Here is a link to consecutive Stanley Cup Final appearances: List of NHL franchise post-season appearance streaks - Wikipedia

There are 14 streaks represented here, and 8 teams got a win on their first appearance. Only one team lost on its first appearance and won on its second.
(These are not all the data since only 3 consecutive appearances are represented, but these data suggest the odds don't necessarily favour the team that is on its second consecutive Finals appearance after a loss on its first.)

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think it comes down to depth Florida is just strong from top to bottom but more invesigation is needed before I can make a call.
This was said about Dallas as well but the Oilers depth outdid theirs. I still think they need a bit more from their bottom six, but they're still getting goals from unexpected sources like Ceci and Broberg and Janmark.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oh no, that doesn't happen. Oiler threads are the containment threads and they just allow most things to slide so that it spares the rest of the site.

Like shit scented flypaper. They smell it, they buzz around and then get stuck....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

From an XGF% perspective at 5v5, the three teams the Oilers (1st) faced were 3rd (DAL) 4th (LAK) and 8th (VAN) in the regular season. People that are saying the Oilers have had an easy path are clueless.

The three the Panthers (5th) have faced were 18th (BOS) 21st (TBL) and 22nd (NYR). The goalies and defences they had to go through demand respect, though.

This is going to be fresh territory for both teams. Florida forechecks like Dallas but also plays a much heavier game and that's going to cause the Oilers D fits. Florida hasn't faced a team that can dominate 5v5 like the Oilers can, and their special teams are both white hot.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If the Oilers play the same way and same structure they have these entire playoffs and get solid goaltending, I think they have a great chance. The Oilers top end players is their advantage. It should be a good series. Basically whichever team can solve the other teams defensive play will win. No teams has been able to solve either teams defense over a series in these playoffs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad